• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

CALLING ALL SIMMERS!

Awww I miss the Sims. My computer apparently needs some updates (built it about 4? Years ago?) 'cause last time I played Sims ... Well.. my whole computer kept freezing and I had to hard reset it.. tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Sims 3 and 4, deleting all the files.. neither 3 or 4 works :( here's the glitch that ended my game https://youtu.be/R-IpsVdE-Eg WARNING if you have family around or something turn the volume off I drop the f bomb

I went through a big Sims 3 revival earlier this year which was fun, though I'm too busy now. I got the Sims 4 as part of that promo, so I just need to find time to give it a try... I'm very curious about the whole Strangerhood (?) thing!

just wasted all my money on the sims 4 island living pack, but totally worth it imo. the island is beautiful and... mermaids!

bought the sims 3 on the steam sale and I've been playing it all day. Imo it's superior to 4 in almost every way except graphics and performance. I love the open world, the cars, create a style. idk if I can ever go back now

The last sims game I Played was 3. Were any of the expansion packs decent? I never got to experience any.

The last sims game I Played was 3. Were any of the expansion packs decent? I never got to experience any.

It was a bit of a mixed bag. Seasons and Pets were both really good. In fact, I'd say that easily TS3 Pets is the best Pets EP of all of the Pets EPs throughout all of the series. What Generations added is great, too, but only if you can get it for really cheap. It is good content, but not an EP's worth of content (despite what EA priced it at. *sigh*).

I have all of the EPs and don't regret it. I think Showtime is considered the worst of the worst. I only got it for like $6. LOL

^ PSA: you can get ALL the sims 3 eps for $5 each on steam right now. Or a bundle with generations, pets, and seasons plus basegame for $12.

^ PSA: you can get ALL the sims 3 eps for $5 each on steam right now. Or a bundle with generations, pets, and seasons plus basegame for $12.

Ah sweet, thanks for the heads up! That's a lot of dlc 19 in total, I'm gonna be some looking into some. :)

Ah sweet, thanks for the heads up! That's a lot of dlc 19 in total, I'm gonna be some looking into some. :)

awesome! You have until the 9th. I really like the packs that come with the $12 bundle so I can recommend those. I have island paradise too but I haven't really played with it at all. I've been too busy playing with my horse.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't have any of the stuff packs, but I don't think they're worth it with the amount of cc readily available for free.

just wasted all my money on the sims 4 island living pack, but totally worth it imo. the island is beautiful and... mermaids!

I found the mermaids to be a disappointment. Wish they'd made them more like vampires or fame perks.

Sulani is so pretty though! :blush:

^i was really excited for island living but it’s so lackluster. I’m keeping an eye on realm of magic, but as a whole I’m so disappointed in 4 I don’t think I’ll be putting any more money into it.

I bought the rest of the sims 3 eps while they’re still on sale today and I’m sticking with that until sims 5 or a competitor comes out

I love the sims <3 Been playing since TS2. I played TS3 for years, like long after TS4 came out, but ive since moved on to TS4 for the last 2 years or so and I love it.
Here's my super cute twins Corina and Clare!
tumblr_pvmuqlNoSJ1y7b3cpo1_1280.png

Last edited:
idk but im actually pretty happy with the island living pack?? like there isn't that much in cas but the build mode stuff is pretty sweet. the mermaids are kinda... underwhelming (like they have no transition stages or anything like vampires? plus no perks) but idk i think it was generally still quite cool

Last edited:
I bought the sims 1 complete collection on amazon and I swear it still holds up. So much quirkiness and stuff that isn't in later games.

the new stuff pack is really weird. some cool items but still not great, it's the katy perry stuff pack of the sims 4.

^big yawn. The only interesting thing to me is the furniture and that's not worth $10. and the photography career should have been a free update considering they already used it in get to work. Heck, they could have expanded it to be a full-blown modeling career and had it be a part of get famous.

I'm really tired of them churning out $40 packs that are incomplete just so they can sell us the missing piece for another $10

God, I love The Sims. So much of my life has been wasted on that game. :p

I mainly play TS2... I've tried getting into TS4 but it's just too boring and laggy to me. And anyway, my favorite thing to do in TS2 is play with the premades - the lack of story progression is one of my favorite things about TS2. Like most premade fans, I'm particularly fond of Pleasantview and Strangetown... My favorite characters are Don Lothario and Circe Beaker.

I have an epic gamer plan to get ts5 for free! Become an EA game changer :cool:

About 5k subs on YouTube and your saving about 1 million and 2 pounds on the Sims

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have an epic gamer plan to get ts5 for free! Become an EA game changer :cool:

About 5k subs on YouTube and your saving about 1 million and 2 pounds on the Sims

I?ve always loved the sims and have played 1-3 plus some of the handheld and console spinoffs. But now I don?t have a computer :<

I love the sims. I have been playing it since the original. I have had every version except 3. I tried 3 but didn't care for it, and my favorite version is 2. I haven't bought the newest expansion yet and not sure when I will get it, but probably will eventually. Now that I am thinking about it I may go do that now, I haven't played in a few months so I am sure there will be updates.

Back