Spring Sakura
White Hyacinth
Pink Heart Balloon
Purple Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Yellow Balloon
Sweet Balloon
I've finished earthbound a few times already. But it's been (maybe a couple years)? And I'm kinda tempted to replay it with switch online.

With time rearing it's ugly head in, I kinda have to decide if I want to spend time playing something new or replay this despite already finishing it in the past.

I think the simple measure is "would I still have fun"? And the answer is yes.

That’s rare for me, unless it’s a game I really, really enjoy. Pokémon Scarlet is a good example. After I beat the main game and the DLC, I started a second playthrough to reexperience the story (though in reality it’s mostly so I can see Kieran again, I miss him :(). And then I began a third playthrough, which is a Nuzlocke run.

On my second playthrough I haven’t gotten around to battling Drayton in the BB League yet. I don’t have a lot of motivation to do that anyway, since the previous Elite Four members were already powerful enough to almost defeat my team. I’m not even sure I’d be willing to continue my Nuzlocke run either. The rules were a lot more harsh than I expected them to be…

It depends very much so for me on the game. The only games for sure I can say I replay are Pokemon and Fire Emblem games, but in Pokemon's case it's due to wanting to do Nuzlockes and in Fire Emblem's its because there's other routes to explore.

Yes I do; I haven’t in a long time since I have a ton of games I need to finish playing for the first time, not to mention I haven’t been playing console games for a long time until recently. I have plans to finish playing Persona 5 Royal on the switch (already played and beat plenty of times on ps4h and play it more since that is a big favorite and finish a replay of FE3H. Though I probably should finish the games I haven’t beaten once yet first 😅. Also had started a replay of FFVIII when I got the switch port of it, but never finished that. I started that along with other games i got for that christmas, which is why i never finished even one of them 😅. I can’t play more than one at a time. Eventually, I’ll finish all the games and replay more. It doesn’t help I go through phases of playing them a lot and then stop playing or that I play some gacha games (can’t focus in gacha games and console games at the same time either).

Yeah, I'll replay games, though usually I give it some time, whether it be months or years between playthroughs unless there's some particular incentive for me to play again like an alternate route if I'm still in the mood to keep playing. Particular favorite games might call to me whenever, though, so if I feel the urge then I'll play those no problem. Generally though, I want to try to keep the experience as fresh as possible, so I don't want to tire myself on the games if I can help it. I'm the same with movies and shows too; I usually avoid rewatching movies for at least a year, if not longer in some cases.

If a game has replayability, sure! I love trying out different combinations, using different characters, or getting new endings. Otherwise, it doesn't happen very often. When it does, it's usually because I want to play it with someone else to see their reaction and talk about the game with them.

no, with the exception of buddy simulator 1984. i really want to experience a couple of the endings again but can't at the moment because my sibling is currently in a playthrough on my account. would love to do this, hopefully soon/by summer ;u;

All the time! I love replaying games. I usually find things I didn't find the first time but even in more linear games I just like meeting my favorite characters again or solving satisfying puzzles again and getting better at it too!

yes because I am afraid of new things /hj
but really though, i love basking in nostalgia so i tend to return to my old games from the DS and GBA era. currently reliving my DS phase by replaying Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia hehe

Yeah, I love replaying games if I liked the original game. Like, I’m planning on replaying Super Mario Bros. 3, and I’m replaying Sonic 2 right now. It’s usually never as fun on the second playthrough, but you can’t really expect it to be if you’ve already played the game.

i don't replay games. mostly cause i'm a huge grinder like i want to max levels/skill trees/abilities so i'm not going to go back and do that again. also the experience doesn't quite feel as magical on a new game plus. if i want to experience a game again, i would watch it on youtube instead of replaying lol. i think the only time i replay a game is when i'm forced to to get the "true" ending like nier automata where u have to repeat the story to unlock the true ending.

Oh yes, I love feeling the skills I get over the games I've replayed over and over. And I replay them for nostalgia on some games as well. I haven't replayed games lately since I've been doing MK8DX mostly every day, but one day I'll replay some games I haven't played in a while, the game in question I don't know yet.

I used to be a chronic replayer, especially in the 2010’s when I was living and breathing Skylanders. These days I really want new experiences and I just save replays for two kinds of games:

- Will give me a lot of new experiences on replays (examples: Disco Elysium, Hades, Inscryption, fighting genre)
- Immaculate pacing comfort food games (examples: Crash 4, Spyro 1, Tropical Freeze)

1 is also helped by 2 anyways. I think 2 is more innately important as it’s part of my basic enjoyment of any media. Skylanders was summa 1 and 2.

Ideally these games also have a high skill ceiling, and a great attention to detail is required (can be in quality over quantity, encouraging different interpretations of the same detail)

I think Tetris Effect is my favorite game in part because it encapsulates every single one of these criteria.

If it were up to me yeah I’d keep replaying to deeply observe every single game, just for the love of observing. But, life is only so long, and it is long, but my backlog is longer.

I oftentimes don't replay games once I've finished them- the problem for me is I never usually finish games in the first place. I always get distracted by another hobby or game or something else and when I stop I forget to come back to it. So for me, replaying is more like resuming where I left off after a few months or years, and taking a long enough break really does feel like restarting with a lot of games.

I will say there is an exception to this: roguelike games. These I do tend to stick around and finish, but I feel like it's much easier since they're normally pretty easy to pick up and resume after long breaks.

Back