• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Bookful of Bugs (Melon Ballers and Poliwags Cabins)

Here's a hermit crab

DnOUctU.jpg

I wanted to practice using Illustrator, so I drew a Blue Weevil Beetle :]

9r2qyQa.png

My name is at the bottom, realised its kinda small.
Why is this so amazing?! I love all of the details you put into it, like the scientific name and color pallette used. Well done, friend! 🤩
Post automatically merged:

eKUTyXB.jpg

Here is my Miyama Stag Beetle! I don't usually draw digitally in a realistic style, but I had some free time tonight and I wanted to try out some brushes that I rarely use!! Came out better than I thought it would 🐛
Um...how in the earthly heck did you do this?! This is amazing! It looks so REAL! 🤩
Post automatically merged:

This is so realistic!! Well done!! I love the slime trail! 🤩

Last edited:
Here's my Goliath Beetle at last! I went for a hand drawn submission this time. It took MUCH longer than I would have wanted but I'm happy enough with the results! I used a mix of pencil & pen and colored pencils to try to blend the red/black to create a nice, realistic effect.
Goliath Beetle.jpg

I believe I've accepted all entries so far -- if I've missed your, please let me know and I'll go take a look!

On that note: a friendly reminder that submissions close at 6:59PM EDT tonight (under 6 hours from this post)! This also means voting for cabin favourites will close at this time, too! Please take a moment to look through the submissions to vote for submissions that you like!

Also, exciting news: both cabins have passed the BP threshold! At this point, The Melon Ballers have reached 77 BP with their submissions while The Poliwags have reached 103 BP! Well done! The bonus Cabin Points will be awarded after submissions close (i.e. after the locations change).

Back