• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Blathers...

StarrySkye3

Bells
My Melody Easter Egg
Coco
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Ruby
Peach (Fruit)
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Tasty Cake
Mother's Day Carnation
Sakura Easter Egg
Oh Blathers. I finally got an NFC reader for my ds, so I could use the Blathers amiibo I bought (before I knew I needed a reader). Well his RV doesn't have much to buy, and he won't move in to my town! So it doesn't seem worth the $9. Am I missing something? Will he move in if I keep asking? I'm new to the whole Amiibo thing so I am just making sure! Is there a list of move-in-able characters or what furniture they have?

The NPC's won't move in, they're just there so you can order their furniture. The only amiibo figures that bring villagers are the splatoon and Zelda figures. You can get W Link, Ganon, Cece and Viche (Callie and Marie), Inkwell, Medli and Epona.
Other than that, the only new villagers are the 50 new welcome amiibo ones

Last edited:
I'm not sure why you thought he'd move to your town tho...
but yeah, no, you can only get furniture from the special characters. only non-AC amiibo have villagers that can move in.
they added the AC amiibo functionality probably because the AC amiibo only had use for amiibo festival before. wanted to make them have another use.
therefore, it's not entirely "worth it" to buy AC amiibo for their functionality with New Leaf, no.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, special characters don't move into our towns. A shame, but it makes sense, because they can't function like villagers and still do their jobs, yknow? All Blathers does all day is sleep in the museum lol

Yeah, my little brother told me he would be able to move into my town so I got excited to have Blathers as a villager haha. Ugh what can I say I told you I was new at the amiibo thing! Lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'll send one of my villagers to work at the museum. Like Winnie, who spends all of her time following me around and trying to give me the same wall paper all day. No Winnie. Leave me alone I don't want your playroom wall. :p that does make sense though haha.

Last edited:
Some amiibos that have good furniture (in my opinion) are Isabelle, Lottie and Mable. I didn't buy blathers as I didn't think his furniture was much good. I'll only buy him to add to my figure collection

Last edited:
Special NPCs won't move to your town, sadly.
As mentioned above, there are only a handful of people that can move in via figurine amiibo. Some, like the Splatoon girl, boy, and squid, all summon the same character, Inkwell. You can also summon any villager with the amiibo reader and, with the help of Wisp, you can get them to move in. That's any regular villager from series 1-4 of the cards.
The 50 new amiibo cards arriving on Dec. 2 (?) can also be moved in, I believe.
As for a list of the furniture, I don't know. A lot of the new furniture coming in originates from Happy Home Designer, so if you're curious, you may find something by looking that up.

Sorry if that was a bit long-winded.

even if he doesn't have great furniture, you can still use his figure for the new minigames!

you can still use his figure for the new minigames!

ah, yep! I forgot about this. so I guess that makes it a lil more worth it.
still not entirely worth buying them if you didn't already have them imo
at least, not if you're only buying them for their functionality.

Last edited:
Back