• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Bird Town, Opinions on Bird Villagers

Classygirl

Bells
Lobo
Mint
November Birthstone (Topaz)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
August Birthstone (Peridot)
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Spring Shamrock
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Tasty Cake
January Birthstone (Garnet)
So I started my last dream town and things kind of have changed as they do and it seems to be evolving into being a mostly bird town. I did not realize I liked so many of them. Is still new so I have a lot of starters to out some cute and well liked but am liking the birds. If I find who I want, or based on who I have now will be like this.

Camp cycling for Flora, taking forever but will find her, then Gladys, have Jay, haven't clicked yet but giving it time, and am planning to add Phil, I have Pheobe. Want Papi so think will take him and Victoria as my non bird residents.

So if I had Jay, Flora, Gladys, Pheobe, and Phil, then the two horses. Am looking for opinions on a good Cranky Bird, and two more female birds one Snooty and the other I suppose could be any type but it seems snooties have the most in this area. I figure as Jay is my only small bird and hoping he will grow on me maybe one small female bird and one larger like the Cranky.

Any personal opinions on who you like as Cranky and Snooty Birds. I am still on the fence on Jay too so if there is a better Jock bird aside sparrow who is in my other town am all ear, good jocks are hard to find. Any bird opinions if you have one, from those who like them.

I have seen her in the camp on my endless search for Flora, she seems to be the only small female bird and I do like her colors. Would match Jay size wise as rest are large. Thanks.

Cranky birds... there are cranky penguins and eagles. Sadly no cranky birds. And I believe there is one snooty bird, which is Robin. She's cool though. c:

I am including all birds, I believe Apollo, Avery, and maybe Frank are Cranky, and snooties I think Ameilia, Queenie and seemed like a lot were in there. May be wrong. I have looked, just looking for opinions from those who have had or have a preference.

I like hearing opinions on villagers I have not had as just picking from looking has gotten me some mismatches. I am pretty sure there are a few in every category. Anything that qualifies as bird like, ostrich, eagle, Phoenix, Parrot, ect. Just looking for others thoughts on these villagers.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Anything that would fall under category, flamingos, ect birds was easier to include all that could fall in that type. Excluding only Ducks and Penguins.

Last edited:
If only there were more ostriches, eagles and birds... I currently have a goal to obtain all Eagles, so dar 7/8 I have obtained. I lost Keaton due to some moving mistake. So I have to cycle him again. Eagles are underrated-- actually all types of birds are and I personally think each of them are cool in their sort of ways. c:

I have the list of personality with pictures memorized, am just looking for opinions, it helps me at least and like to hear who people like. Birds is used loosely as many villagers can fall under the heading without a long title of many species specific.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Good to see another Eagle/Bird/Similar type fan.

Awesome theme! I'm doing the same myself and very much enjoying it. :D

My suggestions:
snooties:
Amelia, who based off of a Crested Caracara, though some think she is a vulture. This is who I have.
Blanche, who is a white crane. If you don't mind another ostrich, she has a really pretty Normal look to her
Gwen, if you like penguins and want a villager representative for the species
Robin, based off of a Barn Sparrow, is pretty neat if you want another bird and Jay is not working out for you
Becky, is a chicken with a nice soft look to her like Blanchie. Would give more species variation.
Gloria, also has that soft pastel coloring but is a duck, again adding variety

Other choices: Broffina, a red chicken Friga, pinker version of Gwen Queenie, a purple ostrich

cranky choices:
Apollo, obviously a Bald Eagle, a popular choice. He has a modern house, and his birthday is on the 4th of July
Frank, based loosely off of a green parrot. I'm a fan of his home which is rustic on the outside, a boxing theme on the inside.
Avery, the other cranky eagle who looks like an Aztec bird. You might like his abstract look more than the above two
Hopper, a Rock Hopper Penguin which makes him pretty unique.

Others: Knox, the helmet wearing chicken who is pretty neat looking.

jock options:
Goose, a jock chicken. He's a little cocky. (Hehe) Personally my favorite out of the avian jocks. His house is farm-like inside and out.
Pierce, a strong looking eagle based off of a falcon.
Bill, a cute brown duck. If you find his looks appealing
Roald, your penguin option here, he is very cute in that he looks like Aurora.
Jitters, he's loosely based off of the humming bird, so that's kinda cute.
Peck, the last of the birds, some find his eyes creepy but he has the same color scheme as Sparro

Others: Sterling, the helmet wearing eagle, would match Knox as a pair. Scoot, the duck, some people find him very cute.

I personally recommend: Frank, Amelia, and Goose based on my experience or Apollo, Robin, and Roald for variety in your town specifically (assuming you like Penguins).

Phew! I hope that helped at least a little bit. Good luck with your town!

Last edited:
I had Jay in WW, I liked him but Sparro is my jock bird <3 I know you already have him so why not Goose or Sterling as a jock if you can't seem to get along with Jay? For cranky I would totally go with Knox <3 He's awesome.

Eagles are underrated-- actually all types of birds are and I personally think each of them are cool in their sort of ways. c:
Preach it brother!
I hope you get Keaton back soon. :D

Preach it brother!
I hope you get Keaton back soon. :D

Thank you! Only Apollo is the appreciated eagle because, y'know, 'Murica. :> I tried so hard to cycle him but I only got the other eagles. ;v;

Edit: I did get Keaton, but there was an accident of him transferring to my cycle town to my main town.

Last edited:
I'm just going to say how I made my choices, this might be helpful to you. Or not, I just feel like sharing.
In general: I wanted birds that were "realistic" looking and based off of birds in real life. I also wanted variety, so that meant at least one of every type of avian villager and at least one of each personality. Flora and Molly were my must haves because I liked them so much. So it broke down like this:

Flora the peppy ostrich: Flamingos are one of my favorite animals, so I certainly wanted her. She was my only peppy representative since I don't like peppy personalities.

Molly the Normal Duck: She was so cute, I just needed to have her! plus she was the realistic looking duck. She is based off of a female Mallard.

Drake the Lazy Duck: I choose him because he is a male mallard duck and the perfect companion for Molly. Lazies and Normals seems to get a long really well.

Tex the Smug Penguin: He is based off a African Penguin, which made him look cool in my eyes. I also needed a smug and didn't choose Keaton because I had to get:

Flo the Uchi Penguin: It was either her or Phoebe and Phoebe is based off of a Phoenix, not appropriate for my realistic theme. I just pretend Flo is a female African Penguin like Tex. They look similar enough anyway. Smugs and uchis get along well so it was cool that they were the same species.

Frank the cranky Eagle: My Cranky villager and a random move in, I kept him in my town instead of the intended Apollo because I wanted more color. He was also loosely based off of a parrot so that was good enough for me.

Amelia the snooty Eagle: It was either her or Blanche, but I chose her because she looked like a Caracara to me, which is a pretty unique bird. Plus, snooties get along with crankies, so she and Frank could be buddies.

Sparro the Jock Bird: Yet again, looked like the most "realistic" jock bird, being based off of a House Sparrow. I was originally going to choose Jay, but someone recommended me him instead. I've fallen in love with him since. Also, I needed a bird representative which I some how neglected to get.

Goose the Jock Chicken: I needed a Chicken representative, and to me Goose was the most realistic looking of the bunch. I also liked his house.

Gladys the Normal Ostrich: She is a Red-Crowned Crane. She's a cute, realistic bird, with a nice personality. Nuff said.

Gosh, I love talking about my villagers. :D

Last edited:
I would go for Robin (totally not because she reminds me of the show, Batman xP). I have her in my dream town if you want to go talk to her and see what she's like. I also have Phil, Phoebe, and Anchovy if you want to visit them too.

Very helpful Story, and yes I probably do need a little variation and there are a lot of good ideas there. I was leaning to Amelia as my larger female. Also like the breakdowns on the Crankies, I saw Apollo in camp liked that he had rock music behind him, but Avery and Frank do have unique designs. Never hear that much about Avery. A lot of help, much thanks.

To Kenny: I think though I love my friendship with Sparrow in my other town, I may take him in here to fix the small jock bird issue as am leaning toward Robin as well. Then replace him there with a non bird jock, me and Jocks have never mixed until Sparrow. If I could find another similar to him in personality for that town but he is unique. Of course picking another Jock is a whole other story. Sparrow was a surprise though one of a kind probably but would fit well here as is mostly birds.

I have Amelia and Avery in my main town, and they're both great villagers. Amelia is very visually pleasing in my opinion with her beautiful red/black/white color scheme, and she is one of my favorite snooties in the whole game.

Avery is not as striking color wise, but he still has a tasteful and interesting design if you like earthy, natural tones. I think he's really underrated and that people seem to lean towards Apollo, but I personally love him and wouldn't have anyone else.

Both of their houses are also really neat if you can manage to get them 100% original.

Last edited:
Awesome theme! I'm doing the same myself and very much enjoying it. :D

My suggestions:
snooties:
Amelia, who based off of a Crested Caracara, though some think she is a vulture. This is who I have.
Blanche, who is a white crane. If you don't mind another ostrich, she has a really pretty Normal look to her
Gwen, if you like penguins and want a villager representative for the species
Robin, based off of a Barn Sparrow, is pretty neat if you want another bird and Jay is not working out for you
Becky, is a chicken with a nice soft look to her like Blanchie. Would give more species variation.
Gloria, also has that soft pastel coloring but is a duck, again adding variety

Other choices: Broffina, a red chicken Friga, pinker version of Gwen Queenie, a purple ostrich

cranky choices:
Apollo, obviously a Bald Eagle, a popular choice. He has a modern house, and his birthday is on the 4th of July
Frank, based loosely off of a green parrot. I'm a fan of his home which is rustic on the outside, a boxing theme on the inside.
Avery, the other cranky eagle who looks like an Aztec bird. You might like his abstract look more than the above two
Hopper, a Rock Hopper Penguin which makes him pretty unique.

Others: Knox, the helmet wearing chicken who is pretty neat looking.

jock options:
Goose, a jock chicken. He's a little cocky. (Hehe) Personally my favorite out of the avian jocks. His house is farm-like inside and out.
Pierce, a strong looking eagle based off of a falcon.
Bill, a cute brown duck. If you find his looks appealing
Ronald, your penguin option here, he is very cute in that he looks like Aurora.
Jitters, he's loosely based off of the humming bird, so that's kinda cute.
Peck, the last of the birds, some find his eyes creepy but he has the same color scheme as Sparro

Others: Sterling, the helmet wearing eagle, would match Knox as a pair. Scoot, the duck, some people find him very cute.

I personally recommend: Frank, Amelia, and Goose based on my experience or Apollo, Robin, and Ronald for variety in your town specifically (assuming you like Penguins).

Phew! I hope that helped at least a little bit. Good luck with your town!

Btw it's Roald! Sorry... it's fine :) I've seen people call him Rolad....

Apollo is beast.

Story again thanks. I like your breakdown of which types tend to mix with which others. I find my peppy right now Winnie who will be going really liked my Jock starter Cobb, Jay hasn't been around that long. Seems Peppies and Jocks must match which makes sense so that's why Ameilia seemed good for one of the larger Crankies and Robin hopefully will like Sparrow.

It started with a list of cute dreams on the list then going through was turning into more and more birds so I figured go with it. The only thing stopping it from a full on bird town is the non bird dreams. I am liking the way it is shaping in my head though. And I like hearing why you chose or like your villagers one day when get a second ds I can move them around so the towns fit I have a lot of sheep, deer, wolves, and now Birds. I was gifted double carts once so figured do the dreams and then have a spare for cycle one day. I have gotten dreams I didn't like before though which is why I ask opinions sometimes. This town isn't what it started as but I am liking that. The only dream I had to cut off the list was Olivia but I am not much for cats mostly and think Amelia may be another overlooked gem.

So much help you all am glad I asked.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I am hoping for most to drop cycle to eight to out the starters and such then cycle them by personality so they are original, number ten will have to trust on wherever they come from.

Back