• Raymond

Votes: 83 60.6%
  • Cephalobot

Votes: 45 32.8%
  • Roswell

Votes: 22 16.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cephalobot is very kewl so I'm going with him.

Roswell has a good design, I love dark body/lighter marking designs a lot. His eyes are weird, but I'll get used to it.

The community ruined Raymond for me, so no.

Roswell. Hands down. I liked his design when they first announced he was returning, I liked him even more when he turned up in my campsite yesterday. So much so I let him kick out Piper. There's no way I'd have let Raymond or Cephalobot do that!

What a strong grouping overall, but my absolute favorite would have to be

Cephalobot. He's a robotic octopus from space! He could be any of those things and I would love him, but he's all three! Plus he's the only robot or octopus in the Smug personality. He has bolts instead of suckers. His eyes glow. He's shiny. He has seams and a number on the back of his head. He uses two of his eight limbs as arms. And his house is amazing. His name is a biology pun. I love him so, so much. He's a Dreamie.

Raymond isn't second to much, but I guess he is here. He's so cute with his mismatched eyes. I love the gray against black, and I like that office worker vibe. His expressions are the best part of him, he's especially awesome animated in game.

I guess Roswell is third, but only because everyone in this grouping is so great. I'm pretty sure he's an alien pretending to be an Alligator. His house is a trope setting for a secret alien, and his eyes give him away. When he's surprised, they glow yellow like a robot's. When he makes a mistake, they turn into x's. When he's happy, they become little curves. When he blinks, they go from horizontal to vertical lines rapidly, and that happens all the time. Plus I love the crop circle pattern he has, and I also like reptiles in general so I appreciate that he's an alligator. I see how if he's a Roswell alien he'd be famous and so that's why he's the Smug personality. I have him on my island right now and he's fun.

I voted Cephalobot at first but I did that before seeing Roswell in the game. I finally got his card and I don’t get why the eyes flicker the way that they do, so my vote is unchanged.

None of these villagers are bad at all. I am not completely sold with Raymond, as he is extremely popular with the fandom and I usually try my best to like some lesser appreciated villagers, but he is solid A tier material, especially with his condition of heterochromia iridium that distinguishes him from the rest of the cats.
However, Cephalobot and Roswell are easily S-Tier in my eyes. For both octopuses and alligators, the only missing male personality for each was smug. So I am glad that they fill those gaps out. But it does not end there for either.
The former is another addition to the octopus species that I think needs more representation. I am also a fan of the robotic aesthetic that they went for him, it adds to this question of who is building these robo-villagers with the presence of the number “083” on the back of his head. I also think that the fact that Cephalobot isn’t a jock is welcoming.
Roswell, to me, is a different story. But before I tell you that story, I must mention that a friend of mine has Roswell as their favorite villager added to the game in the free 2.0 update. With that aside, I am glad he did not stay lazy, with there being only nine alligators present, if there were to be another permanent lazy individual, then things would be more unbalanced. The choice of the English name given to him is fitting, it fits with some possible design origin within the gator. All in all, I like both newer additions so much that I find it hard to figure out which one I like more, so I voted for both.

Roswell is my choice. I loved him as Pironkon, and I love him as Roswell. Raymond’s okay, and definitely much better than Cephalobot. I don’t like the octopus villagers at all.

Raymond by far. I'm not a fan of the designs of the other two. I like that they added another octopus to the game, but I'm not a fan of the robot-like design. Roswell is just a hard pass.

The only reason I'm going with Roswell is he's one of the few nice looking alligators in my personal opinion I like Raymond but I do feel he's super overrated as I feel there's cats that are a lot better than him nothing against Raymond lovers ofc! And tbh I like the robots but I don't think I like Cephalobot THAT much nothing against the robots just kinda eh maybe he'll have to grow on me

Cephalobot. I find him almost borderline a lazy which I love. Also, his design is amazing at night when you see his eyes all lit up. Plus, his house is amazing.

Very difficult...my lovely Raymond has been on my island for a year, he's now moving out to make a change for cephalobot. I wasn't keen on the robot design at first but over the last week of seeing him and inviting him to the roost, I've really grown to find him adorable. Plus I love his house it's exactly my rhing, since I wasn't able to make myself stick to a single theme it's great to have villagers like him and Ione. On the plus side, I have all the series 5 villager amiibos so I can get Raymond back whenever, should I want to. Although he won't be 'my' Raymond, it's better than never being able fo get him back with island hopping again

I can't believe Roswell is in last place! He is easily the best new smug, if not the best smug!
Although I'm not surprised Raymond is winning.
But man, I love Roswell!

Raymond was one of my earliest NH villagers and I really liked him. His Bowie eyes and fangs, coupled with his hipster specs and smart outfits just appealed to me. I like some quirks in people. He was a sad goodbye and another (like Audie) I don't have the amiibo of that I would snap straight up if he appeared on my HHP.

Thanks to all the voters ! 🙏

Here's the results for the Best New Smug Villager :

🥇 Raymond
🥈 Cephalobot
🥉 Roswell

Raymond%27s_Poster_NH_Texture.png

RAYMOND is qualified for the Battle of the Winners !
What do you think of this result ?

What's next ?
When all the NEW VILLAGERS POLLS are finished, I'll launch a new poll with all the 1st placed villagers, it will be named the Battle of the Winners.

After that, a last poll will be organized between the 3 most voted villagers of the Battle of the Winners, it will be the Grand Finale and we will finally know which is the best New Villager among all.
COMING TOMORROW !

Back