Best New Peppy Villager - NEW VILLAGERS POLLS

Who's your favorite new Peppy villager ?

• Audie

Votes: 80 42.3%
  • Shino

Votes: 106 56.1%
  • Rio

Votes: 24 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Shino is my favorite of these three by far, but I think they're all fairly strong designs. I was freaking out over Shino in the Direct ahaha, and loved her design so much that I knew I was going to replace somebody on my dreamie list for her straightaway. She's got a really nice color scheme, and I love her mythological design inspiration—the peppy personality did take me by surprise a little, but I think it's got a certain charm to it. c:
Rio's design is very vibrant and I quite like it as well! Audie is super pretty and I love where they got her name from, but she's probably not a villager I'd keep permanently.

I have Shino on my island but I think I like Rio more.

Last edited:
I am fully prepared to sell my soul (or my TBT) for Shino lolol I LOVE her little fangs and think she is by far and away the cutest deer yet! Audie is cute too but I find her tropical theme kind of tragic. Rio is.... a fine, I guess, but kind of pales in comparison

1. Shino - I still feel conflicted loving the new Raymond, but I really do like her overall look and theme. I have always liked the Deer model, but I struggled to pick one out since my friend has taken in 4 of the Deer on her island. I tried out Beau but the music in his home drove me bonkers. Shino was and is my chance at another beautiful Deer villager, but my friend also is gunning to have her. So I may very well break my trend of not repeating villagers with her and just have Shino as well. I also don't have a permanent Peppy currently, so she fills that void for me!

2. Audie - I really like Audie and think she is also really amazing. The same friend above though however found her at the start of the game with her DIY villager hunt, so she quickly fell out of the running for my island since I didn't want to repeat with her. Besides for that, I really think Audie has an incredible and cute theme going on and think she was a really solid addition to the roster!

3. Rio - I love the rainbow feathers and don't mind the star on her cheek, but I think I can do without the fringe hair. She at least has more flair than most of the returning retro villagers, so I certainly do give her credit for being more interesting than her fellow returnees. But I still think there is a handful of Ostriches I'd take in before her.

I have both Audie and Shino on my island and it's really hard to choose. In general the deer are my favourite species and Shino's design is especially cool, so I think I may go with her. But I've had Audie on my island since my first Nook Miles island so I have a lot of attachment to her. This is really hard!

I have both Audie and Shino on my island and it's really hard to choose. In general the deer are my favourite species and Shino's design is especially cool, so I think I may go with her. But I've had Audie on my island since my first Nook Miles island so I have a lot of attachment to her. This is really hard!
I understand, and you can always vote for both 😉

I voted for Audie as she's been on my island from the very beginning. I do like the newest characters too, but nothing like the original!

Shino. I loved her aesthetic the second i saw her. Also it's just RNG but now that she's on my island she is far more feisty and self confident with entitlement to fame and adoration than my other peppies which I'm enjoying as it suits her fabulous aesthetic.

Shino is my dreamie peppy. Her oni theme is really cute and I love that she has sharp teeth like Raymond. She's perfect for the natural Japanese/Asian theme my island has at the moment. When I first saw her in the trailer I knew I had to have her. I encountered her while taking on HHP requests and I wasn't disappointed when I got the chance to make her island home.

Rio is my favourite out of the three. Purely on the basis that I'd let Rio kick out one of my pre-existing villagers if she showed up in my campsite, whilst the other two I wouldn't. Just prefer Rio's whole deal compared to the other two.

Definitely Audie. I love that she’s named for that grandmother that plays the game, it’s just a sweet backstory. I am not getting the Shino hype currently, I invited her to my Roost but I don’t like the design.

I'm absolutely in love with Audie, she's a Dreamie for sure. I didn't realize how awesome she is till I had her in my town. She's so glamorous, and I love the shade of orange she is and that she's a fox and how her eyelids match her hair color. Wolves are one of my top species, too. She's one of my favorite villagers of all time.

I really liked Shino in the direct and when I was looking at pictures of her, but once I've seen her animation in-game and how she looks a bit evil I don't care for her quite as much. I guess I'd rather have a Peppy like Bella who is all out evil than one like Shino that mixes evil and elegant. I do like Shino's character design with the Noh masks she represents and appreciate the thought they put into that for a Peppy. For those that don't know, Noh theater is a traditional form of entertainment in Japan, so a Peppy who wants to be famous could align with that. Shino's eyebrows are from a Noh mask that represents a young girl and has roots in eyebrows painted by aristocratic Japanese women in past centuries. Her horns are present in two types of Noh masks, one of which shows a jealous and obsessive woman and another that takes that up a notch and represents a person so obsessed and jealous that they've turned into a demon. So the extreme obsession Peppy have with being a pop star could be why she has those horns. All that is clever, but since I'm not from that culture where those masks would make me think of those things right off the bat she just doesn't feel like a Peppy to me.

Rio I like, but she's third because the competition is so strong. I like that as a Peppy she wants to be "a star" and has a star on her cheek. Those feather/hairs on top of her head are cool, too, I like how they wobble around so much and they are a big part of why I like Ostriches in general. Her tail colors are absolutely gorgeous, too.

Last edited:
My vote goes to Audie here. She became quite quickly my favorite wolf villager, mainly because I find her design lovely.

Shino is also cool, however much like with Sasha I'm kinda annoyed over the fact that she became so popular that people go crazy after her, especially when it comes to ridiculous amounts of bells and NMT people want for her on Nookazon. Otherwise I think she looks more like a snooty but I can live with the fact that she's peppy.

Rio is overall ok but not really a favorite of mine.

Shino is great ! But I love Audie more because every island reset I've done she always shows up on my nook mile tours, it's meant to be :D

Back