• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Bell Tree Direct - 7.22.20 - Trading Updates, TBT Fair, and More

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow i forgot to say anything here, all the updates look amazing and I'M RLY EXCITED FOR THE FAIR, i'm contemplating taking time off work i'm that ready for it aha, thanks for everyone's hard work! ✨

not sure the best place to say it, but so far in the new turnip board i've only seen "looking for" threads. i... don't think that's the intention of the category? i love the concept of the new turnip board but it's a bit frustrating to check for anyone selling and it's all "looking for good prices to sell." i can't remember, but i think the rule for the old thread was just for posting prices, not asking for islands or w/e. is that going to apply to the new board?

not sure the best place to say it, but so far in the new turnip board i've only seen "looking for" threads. i... don't think that's the intention of the category? i love the concept of the new turnip board but it's a bit frustrating to check for anyone selling and it's all "looking for good prices to sell." i can't remember, but i think the rule for the old thread was just for posting prices, not asking for islands or w/e. is that going to apply to the new board?

I think there needs to be a pin thread about advestising the player's own island Buy/Sell prices. It's super hard to find anyone with high prices when people are just listing random prices trying to find an island with high prices.

I think there needs to be a pin thread about advestising the player's own island Buy/Sell prices. It's super hard to find anyone with high prices when people are just listing random prices trying to find an island with high prices.
i agree, but the point of the whole board was to also eliminate the official turnip thread. i don't think it'll hurt having one though.

i agree, but the point of the whole board was to also eliminate the official turnip thread. i don't think it'll hurt having one though.

I meant a thread for offical rules about posting your island's buy/sell and no LF threads. I don't think we can report the LF threads in that forums because there is no offical rule for Turnip Forum.

I meant a thread for offical rules about posting your island's buy/sell and no LF threads. I don't think we can report the LF threads in that forums because there is no offical rule for Turnip Forum.
oh, right, yeah! that's certainly a good point :]

We currently don't have any hard rules about looking for threads in the Turnip Stalk Exchange. This is something we were actually discussing as a team yesterday. Once we have finalised the little tweaks we are making to this board it will all be outlined in a sticky thread. :)

First, our unwritten policy against public blacklists is now a written rule. Our feedback system already gives everyone the same opportunity to warn others about in-game troublemakers.
Wait, I have a question. If the user is blocked, wouldn't it be impossible to see their message that they wish to join?

My question wasn't answered and if it was, I missed it.

My question wasn't answered and if it was, I missed it.
To confirm: are you asking about users posting to be added to your thread’s Dodo queue? If so, an ignored user’s post content would be automatically hidden, but you are able to click to uncover it.

To confirm: are you asking about users posting to be added to your thread’s Dodo queue? If so, an ignored user’s post content would be automatically hidden, but you are able to click to uncover it.
I referring to whatever happens to blocked users when they communicate with you via thread, regardless of them joining the queue or posting in the thread.

The situation doesn't matter, my point is suggesting that if a user is blocked, would the host be penalized for not including them since we weren't able to see their original message.

Regarding your answer, does this mean the user are automatically required to unhide blocked posts within the thread everytime they host because that would be such a hassle to check every time and since there is nothing stated in the rules regarding how to handle blocked users, would they be penalized for not including them?

I referring to whatever happens to blocked users when they communicate with you via thread, regardless of them joining the queue or posting in the thread.

The situation doesn't matter, my point is suggesting that if a user is blocked, would the host be penalized for not including them since we weren't able to see their original message.

Regarding your answer, does this mean the user are automatically required to unhide blocked posts within the thread everytime they host because that would be such a hassle to check every time and since there is nothing stated in the rules regarding how to handle blocked users, would they be penalized for not including them?
It would be the same as any thread. The host would ignore them and they wouldn't be given access to the Dodo Code. The host is allowed to let or not let anyone into their island.

It would be the same as any thread. The host would ignore them and they wouldn't be given access to the Dodo Code. The host is allowed to let or not let anyone into their island.
God, I'm stupid. I thought the rule was referring to denying individuals, not public blacklists. I thought they were the same or something, like it fits or something.

It's late so I'll take my leave, thank you for responding. <3

I’m excited to do my first TBT Fair. Hey, i might participate in a competition!

Really excited for the TBT fair! It’ll be my first one.
of course, equally excited too for the second wave of the summer build event! ☺

Woah. This is my first time hearing about the fair. I will try and take part in it this month. :)

The forum will be down for server updates on Tuesday, August 4th at 10:00 PM EDT. The downtime will last an hour or two. Feel free to join us in our Discord during this time.
Quick reminder that this downtime will be happening in 3 hours and 15 minutes from now!

Edit: all done already!

Last edited:
So I just used the Dodo Code Queue for the first time and it was really fluid. It's so much easier than PMing people in a back and forth manner.

I would say it took me some time to realize I could just press "allow dodo" on the poster than typing their name in manually.

I think because the text just looks like text, not highlighted or lack of gui/button appearance, I didn't think there was an action for it.

That's pretty much my feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back