• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Are you more of a casual gamer or a competitive gamer?

Comp makes me stressed! I don't mind a challenge, but not with other people too

Casual. I play video games to be relaxed, not to stress out. I also only have a couple of hours of free time to play games most days, so I'd never be able to keep up with any sort of competitive scene.

I like having an end goal in my video games, so you can say I like competitive. Not like, CSGO competitive, but more like Splatoon hero mode.

Filthy casual, all the way. I absolutely refuse to be good at a single video game; I show up for the vibes and good stories only. There's no point in me worrying about being good at something I do for fun to the point where I'm not actually having fun

I’m more of a casual gamer, though there are some games I like to play competitive in. It just depends. For the most part I play casually though. I do like to make up challenges to make the game more difficult for myself, however.

If its an rpg I'm usually casual, but if there's a mode where you can battle other people, I'm going to be super competitive.

Casual. I don't have the time or energy to grind for hours practicing with or leveling up characters

A bit of both! I'm competitive in games, but in general I tend to avoid ranked modes. I find ranked there's just too much pressure and I don't have enough time to practice as a lot of the other people who play. I also don't like to devote myself just to a single game. I like to play a variety of things.

Im always casual in all my games because I play for the fun not the wins! I say that most of the time lol. I only am sometimes competitive in DQ games or Splatoon games! Those ones make me say fluffy marshmallow at the screen when I get angry. Other than that I AM A VERY calm person and love relaxing fun games!

I am definitely a casual gamer and haven’t really ever been competitive. I love RPG games the most, like Horizon: Zero Dawn or BOTW, where there is a story to uncover.
I like learning and experiencing stories more than winning.
I think the only game I get a little competitive with is Mario party, which is more when I was younger haha.

Definitely I'm casual, I'm not that good at games so most the games I play are life-sims or games with low difficulty. Kirby's Epic Yarn is one of my favourite games ever and there is almost no difficulty to that game, the art style and levels are what make the game shine. I'm not a competitive person in real life either so competitive gaming doesn't really suit me.

I get frustrated easily, and I’m not a big fan of competition, so I much prefer single player and casual.

Definetely more of a casual player. I like challenges in singleplayer games a lot but I'm not too big on competing otherwise. Save for some rounds of Mario Kart with friends or setting up the N64 and playing the minigames when old friends come over. Everyone gets very competetive over lickitung's sushi go round or the rattata run!

Back