• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Are you lonely?

I was, but in recent weeks have taken the effort to initiate conversations more often and to arrange plans to meet up with people. I've been hanging out with friends a couple times a week since.

Not really. I'd rather have one really loyal, reliable friend than 10+ that have no clue who I even am.

I like being alone to an unnatural extent probably. I mean, I've always lived with people so I guess I'm not totally alone but they're sort of casual interactions. I don't really feel the urge to socialize all that much and I really only go out when there's something to do. Although that said I love having conversations with people about some academic interests :D Most of my friends are really my classmates/colleagues and I'm fine with that!

I am, especially as I moved school. But I don't like the people in my school so sometimes it's best to be alone.

Yes, and I have been for a long time, but I want to try to embrace being alone when I have to be and embrace social situations when they arise to the best of my ability.

in real life i guess? i haven't had a close friend irl for years
a lot of people are disgusting in my school haha, rather not talk to them
i'm lucky enough to have a boyfriend online though and we've been together for 6 months and he makes me very happy
i'm also meeting an online friend on saturday in london whee

Last edited:
ive recently moved from my home to the other side of the world so unfortunately yes
on the bright side my girlfriend will be coming to visit me in a couple of months! >.< sorry to be dramatic but i want to fall into her arms and never let go ever again ToT im hoping our relationship will survive the 10 hour plus flight between us

Is that even a question? :(

But yeah, with how my life has been going as of late, it's been pretty lonely. There isnt alot I can really do about it, however.

We tend to associate the feeling of loneliness to something bad... But we should all embrace the moments of loneliness we have and learn about ourselves. I take it as an opportunity to grow and therefore be able to establish stronger and more mature relationships with others. We need to be lonely first so that we can really appreciate the good companies

im a little looonely lonely lonelylonelylonely
that's, that's what i'd say
i'd tell you eeeverythiiing
if you picked up that telephooone

just kidding i am very lonely

I'm super lonely ;-; I always want to be with someone but it never happens
I cri everytime, forever alone

Sometimes. Husband works opposite schedules. Most of the time he is home when I'm asleep and I leave while he's still asleep lol. @__@ But we do our best and I appreciate the time we do get together.
Most friends are out of state now, don't have any family here, and work/school take up most my time...or I'm held up at home for health reasons. But, on the other hand as well, I enjoy my me time so gotta be careful what you wish for I suppose.

Back