• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Are you good at acting?

No. At school I wouldn't take it seriously and I hated it, we were forced to do a subject called "Drama" before we took our GCSEs. If I actually tried I think I'd be good at it.

no i am bad af. it makes me feel awkward and i cant get into it. i'm okay at lying tho, but that's not acting. like, if i ever had to go up on a stage and act i'd probably die and make everyone hate me because i was so bad

Nope. Can't act at all. I'm horrible at it. I used to have to act in my elementary school's plays that all 6th graders were required to do every month, and I sucked so bad that my lines were cut down to almost nothing. I've never been fond of performing though, so I'm okay with this.

Yes! We did a school play where I was supposed to be really pissed at someone and when we performing it... everyone was like, "wow"... and...

They made me see a counselor after. :-/

Dafuq? lmao

Hmm... well I've been told that I'm a great liar, but I've never tried "acting" per se after my puny little middle-school recitals... I think I'd be confident enough to let myself play a role if I really tried, but I don't think that means I'd necessarily be a good actress :p

Yes! We did a school play where I was supposed to be really pissed at someone and when we performing it... everyone was like, "wow"... and...

They made me see a counselor after. :-/

Dafuq? lmao

LOL something similar happened with my friend when he had to write a short horror story for an essay in his creative writing course... apparently he succeded too well and they had a couple different teachers + the school principal ask him if everything was ok at home xD

Last edited:
I used to be really good at pretending to be asleep when my parents would check on us at night after 12 am if that counts

I had to do a skit for my PSAT class this past May and I was told I did it very well, so I guess I am, even though I hardly ever actually act.

Last edited:
Yes, i'm a wonderful actor. I can change my moods in like 1 second and such. The girl next to me thinks it's bipolar (which i don't have) but who knows. :/

probably since nobody seems to believe me when i say i suffer from daily anxiety and panic attacks.

The only thing I can be good at acting, is acting like an idiot. I am the Charlie Sheen of acting stupid.

But in reality, I do love saying something totally weird, or unexpected, but acting like I'm dead serious, then laughing, or smiling, or whatever.

I like to believe that I AM good at acting but if that is the reality?

Well, that's another story...

Well, simply lying or even pretending isn't really acting.

We had to shoot a shortfilm in like 7th grade. Remembering the lines and positions was very easy to me, but I don't think I had any influence over my emotions. Probably because we didn't prepare our characters because we were kids.

Then we got theatre class in 10th grade, where it was all about learning how to emote and prepare a character. And I don't get that stuff at all.

Our final project for theatre class was to act out a scene as a group together and write a scene individually.
It was still the same, even after a year of theatre class. I just don't feel like I'm influencing my emotions, I'm really occupied with remembering lines and everything else. I don't think I can act very well - just good at remembering I guess.

But to go back to your original post - yes, I can lie. And hide real emotions, I guess.

Not to be conceited or anything, but I think I am great at acting. It's the one thing in life I can actually do. I plan on becoming an actress someday (for like television and stuff). Of course, there are people who are much better than me, but tbh I am pretty damn good. I love to act, I will do it until the day I die.

I am a pretty good liar and deceiver, yes. I don't do it:)D), but I could and easily. I can cry on cue as well, though don't tell my fiance that XD

Last edited:
1. it's embarrassing for me
2. im bad

if you mean acting as in faking im decent at that tho but usually I don't have reason to

like many others in the thread, i find myself embarrassed more often than not when i try to act.

aside from that, i feel like my acting is pretty good, but i'd probably be better if i didn't burst out into laughter whilst do it, haha

I love acting like the hobby! I personally have been a few lead roles in my school's plays :) :) :)

Back