• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Are you going to collect Gyroids?

Are you going to collect Gyroids?

• Yea

Votes: 143 69.4%
  • Naw

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Only keep the ones you like and sell the rest

Votes: 58 28.2%

• Total voters
I'll be keeping the ones I like and then selling/trading the rest! I am very intrigued by their more modern update to the look, maybe I will now have an excuse to implement them into my decorating

I never cared about gyroids in previous games, since most of them were kind of annoying to me. My husband always liked them, though.
New Horizon's gyroids are certified Lil' Dudes™, so I'll definitely be hunting for them.

I didn't like gyroids back when I started playing new leaf, but the new ones look a lot better (and the fact that they're small now is a plus). That being said, they're not a priority for me. I may end up collecting them after I have nothing better to do, but that's it. Unless I find something creative to do with them (which I can), I won't be touching them in a while.

Never cared for gyroids or Brewster, so no. Unfortunately I just see them as kind of a nuisance. Never liked them in any other AC game and don't care for the redesign. If there's a section in the museum I'll definitely change my mind, but atm they're going straight to the trash or Nooklings.

I loved collecting gyroids. I tend to only keep the ones I like and sell the rest. I honestly love that gyroids are now customizable. It’s a small but very important detail. With all of the customization we have, it’s nice that we can match them to our aesthetic. I am personally interested to see all of the different variations. My favorites are the nebuloids.

This is the first iteration of gyroids where I've liked them enough to collect them, and had the storage to keep them. Plus, where they're smaller this time around, I feel like using them doesn't take away decoration space I could be using otherwise. The tabletop size makes them actually usable to me.

I've never collected the gyroids in any previous AC games, I would always just sell them immediately. This time around I think I am going to try to collect them!

I don't really have much going on in my house basement so I have tentatively planned to make it for villager pictures and my gyroid collection. I'll have to see if I actually like that idea or not when we get to see more of the gyroids.

I most definitely will! I love the gyroids and am so happy they're coming back, I do like the cute designs they've shown already, some really weird and silly ones would be awesome to have as well. I really hope there's plenty of different kinds to collect, I want to hoard them all.

Probably, if they go into the catalogue. Still only going to keep the ones that I like, though.

Yes, I think they look like something fun to mess around with. With redecorating villagers homes, you can give them some fitting gyroid buddies as well.

I will try to get them all. :) In New Leaf they did cause me some inventory stress, though... I had gyroids everywhere. Thankfully storage shouldn't be a problem.

I also hope that they don't share anything with fossils. I've already completed the fossil collection and have 6 unidentified ones hidden behind the museum so they don't pop up anymore.

Back