• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Are you going to collect Gyroids?

Are you going to collect Gyroids?

• Yea

Votes: 143 69.4%
  • Naw

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Only keep the ones you like and sell the rest

Votes: 58 28.2%

• Total voters
Of course! I can't wait to get enough to make a little spooky forest of them. They can be my little forest spirits.

Of course! I collected them all before, and that's when I thought they were really ugly. This time I really like how they look and will want to use them, so more reason to get them.

Not only will I be collecting them, I will be filling my entire island with them. I want a symphony everywhere I go, and I already prepared a gyroid orchestra for them. I'm so excited.

As a completionist.. and a notorious hoarder yes I absolutely am.
and with the new 5K storage Im praying I wont hoard too much for gyroids.. maybe Brewster will offer something for storing them again

For sure! I sort of collected them in new leaf until I ran out of storage space and now that they are even more cuter I will definetly be collecting them and sprinkling them all over my house and island

I’m definitely into the idea of collecting them now, because the look of them seems a lot nicer/cooler than in older games.

Not all of them. Never been a big fan of them in previous game even if I'm happy they finally returned (Animal Crossing without gyroids isn't Animal Crossing in my opinion). I'm not sure I really enjoy their new design as well. Some, sure, they are cute, but something is missing. They are really different from the gyroids we met before and this change is not to my taste. So I'll try to find most of them to 'meet' them if I can express myself like that but definitely will not use them a lot. I think.

I didn't realize how much I missed gyroids until I saw them in the direct! They really are staples in the series, so I'm glad they're back and more detailed than ever. I'll definitely collect as many as I can find and keep the ones I like the most.

I’ve always had a love hate relationship with gyroids because the hoarder and collectomaniac in me wants to collect all of them. But in previous games I had no where to put them all. I wanted to have them out but I never had the space. And I never had the space to store them. I always felt like they should have had a section in the museum.

maybe I’ll just cram as many as I can in my basement this time round.….

Last edited:
Yes but I won’t be keeping them all. I will keep the ones I like of course, donate them if there is a museum exhibit and swap duplicates with a friend. Also going to turn my pumpkin patch into a gyroid farm so I can plant all my fragments in one place.

So far I'm apprehensive towards the Gyroids. I'd like to be excited for the new ones, but so far none have really caught my eye or my taste, or made me react with "OMG I WANT THAT!" I guess I'll be picking them up and giving them a chance, because come on, they're Gyroids.
At the moment I'm really hoping for some of the OG ones from the N64/GC days to return. Sure would be a shame if the only Gyroids I can use for my ACGC-themed island are the broken, fragmented ones....😓

Absolutely! I love experimenting with the sounds they make, and they are so much cuter in this game.

I am prepared for the update to drop on Nov. 5th this week so that I can start collecting gyroids just like the fun moment in New Leaf when I collected a ton of gyroids and placed them inside my home to hear what sound every gyroid made. I'm looking forward in obtaining both new and returning gyroids in New Horizons, it's going to be so entertaining. My home shall be transformed into a gyroid concert!

I’ve never cared about gyroids in this game until I saw the update and now they aren’t ugly and creepy anymore! I will definitely collect the styles I like and customize them to fit the vibe of where I put them.

I'll definitely be collecting them all for cataloging, but after that I'll probably just keep the ones I really like and sell the rest

Back