• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Are you currently learning any languages?

What languages are you learning?

• Spanish

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • French

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • German

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Korean

• Japanese

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • Mandarin

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Italian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Russian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Others

• Total voters
I'm learning French and also need to learn German. Proficiency with some Western European languages (especially German) is a prerequisite for being able to go into my grad school program, so...

Not currently very actively, but I was doing okay with learning French for a while, and I want to try to get back into it.

Not currently. I took four years of Spanish throughout high school, though, and got CLEP credits for college.

I really want to go back to learning Japanese and Korean, but I just don't have time for it...

i'm always lowkey trying to learn how to read mandarin. i can read like 200 characters total and can sometimes guess what the sentence says based on what i can ready but its so hard there's so many characters. it's been like 15 years and i havent made much progress lol. my 7 years old cousin can read more than me

currently trying to learn spanish and japanese. used to study latin too but then i realized i was just trying to look smart and i will literally never have to use it in my life

Currently I'm studying Japanese and I think it's going well. The only problem is remembering the harder kanji and staying on track. I also have interests in Mandarin,Korean and German. I don't think it would be a good idea to learn so many at once so I'm taking my time. My goal is to be at least N3 for now and to be semi fluent.

Last edited:
Not atm. Might apply for Portuguese this fall (so I can keep my job..don't ask), if it's still open for applying. Also I wanna learn Serbian, it's such a cool language man.

I am not though I wouldn't mind learning some Polish, my largest ethnicity. Some Japanese, Korean, Spanish and Russian would be cool too though!

Wouldn't mind learning Japan ese so that I can play MOTHER 3

Wish I could learn a dozen languages or more. I haven't been that focused on Chinese lately but it's a great language. Would love to pick up on Latin later this year too.

I really want to learn Spanish, Mandarin, Japanese, and Korean in the future! I NEED to know Mandarin though as everyone in my family except me and my older brother can speak it. I also think it would help because sometimes my PoPo has a hard time speaking english in public places but she has gotten so much better that now she is fluent so Mandarin Chinese would just be a personal passion thing now.

I study the never ending behemoth that is Japanese as a major. Despite working at the language for 3 years I’m still at a JLPT 5 level. My goal is to speak, type, and read at a fluently. Knowing how difficult Japanese is it’ll probably take at least another decade.

I’m half German and Swiss (and have a German last name), so I’ve thought about trying German. The reasons I haven’t started are the grammar, the hundreds of dialects, and the fact I might mix up words with Japanese. I’ll most likely just learn a few phrases to visit.

Nope. I took French in school but I’ve pretty much forgotten everything at this point. I’m only fluent in English, which is my native language.

I'm currently learning French and Japanese!

i was learning korean, but my teacher stopped holding classes suddenly and i can't reach her at all. i'm starting spanish again for school, i already know some but i want to be more fluent since it's so common in my area.

Back