Are you currently learning any languages?

What languages are you learning?

• Spanish

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • French

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • German

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Korean

• Japanese

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • Mandarin

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Italian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Russian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Others

• Total voters
I'm learning French and also need to learn German. Proficiency with some Western European languages (especially German) is a prerequisite for being able to go into my grad school program, so...

Not currently very actively, but I was doing okay with learning French for a while, and I want to try to get back into it.

Not currently. I took four years of Spanish throughout high school, though, and got CLEP credits for college.

I really want to go back to learning Japanese and Korean, but I just don't have time for it...

i'm always lowkey trying to learn how to read mandarin. i can read like 200 characters total and can sometimes guess what the sentence says based on what i can ready but its so hard there's so many characters. it's been like 15 years and i havent made much progress lol. my 7 years old cousin can read more than me

currently trying to learn spanish and japanese. used to study latin too but then i realized i was just trying to look smart and i will literally never have to use it in my life

Currently I'm studying Japanese and I think it's going well. The only problem is remembering the harder kanji and staying on track. I also have interests in Mandarin,Korean and German. I don't think it would be a good idea to learn so many at once so I'm taking my time. My goal is to be at least N3 for now and to be semi fluent.

Last edited:
Not atm. Might apply for Portuguese this fall (so I can keep my job..don't ask), if it's still open for applying. Also I wanna learn Serbian, it's such a cool language man.

I am not though I wouldn't mind learning some Polish, my largest ethnicity. Some Japanese, Korean, Spanish and Russian would be cool too though!

Wouldn't mind learning Japan ese so that I can play MOTHER 3

Wish I could learn a dozen languages or more. I haven't been that focused on Chinese lately but it's a great language. Would love to pick up on Latin later this year too.

I really want to learn Spanish, Mandarin, Japanese, and Korean in the future! I NEED to know Mandarin though as everyone in my family except me and my older brother can speak it. I also think it would help because sometimes my PoPo has a hard time speaking english in public places but she has gotten so much better that now she is fluent so Mandarin Chinese would just be a personal passion thing now.

I study the never ending behemoth that is Japanese as a major. Despite working at the language for 3 years I’m still at a JLPT 5 level. My goal is to speak, type, and read at a fluently. Knowing how difficult Japanese is it’ll probably take at least another decade.

I’m half German and Swiss (and have a German last name), so I’ve thought about trying German. The reasons I haven’t started are the grammar, the hundreds of dialects, and the fact I might mix up words with Japanese. I’ll most likely just learn a few phrases to visit.

Nope. I took French in school but I’ve pretty much forgotten everything at this point. I’m only fluent in English, which is my native language.

I'm currently learning French and Japanese!

i was learning korean, but my teacher stopped holding classes suddenly and i can't reach her at all. i'm starting spanish again for school, i already know some but i want to be more fluent since it's so common in my area.

Back