• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What are some good things that have happened to you in the year of 2020?

I became closer to my second cat Mayu.
While I actually adopted Mayu from an animal shelter last December, she’s been a constant source of comfort throughout this year. I couldn’t have asked for a better cat.

I graduated High School.
I can leave these terrible four years behind and focus on my future. No more petty drama, no more gossip, and no more ACTs!

My family made it through the year safely.
Despite having parents in their 60s and grandparents in their 80s, no one in my family picked up COVID. I’m glad because they wouldn’t have lived if they did.

Considering some changes of plans I had to make for 2020 (had to postpone wedding), I had the following good things happen:

- Become a homeowner! :D
- My relationship with my fiancee has become stronger than ever before <3
- Have become financially stable and independent! :)
- Have become well respected and well-liked at my current job (& I'm starting to train other co-workers as a result of this)
- Have been able to discover & build upon my ambitions and new hobbies
- My family, for the most part, has not been impacted by COVID-19 (so far)

- Graduated and am finally done with school forever
- Moved to a new town that I absolutely love compared to the previous two areas I lived in before
- Got my first ever pet (a fish)
- Spent a lot more time with my friends as the majority of them now work from home, meaning we all sit in voice calls as a group all day long to keep one another company

I got back into crochet and made two tote bags and a bunch of simple plushies! I'm aiming to make some place mats and a couple more plushies, and then buy some thicker yarn and make a draw-string bag :)

I also got a job! With health insurance! And paid-time-off!

I came back to TBT and was able to participate in a lot of fun events. It kept me busy and happy when things were uncertain due to covid-19.

2020 has been a heck of a rollercoaster ride for everyone, so this thread is a good reminder to myself to remember the moments of joy, no matter how big or small.
  • My family (and I) are healthy and safe
  • Graduated from university after five years of late nights and many tears shed xD
    • Got to participate in the Iron Ring Ceremony in-person earlier in February -- before all hell broke loose -- with my classmates and be ringed by one of my favourite professors
    • My Capstone group received the Best Overall Project in our program, so the five of us each won some scholarship money
    • Paid off student loans in full
  • Found a stable, full-time job
  • Soon to mark my five-year anniversary with my S/O. We met in our first semester of university (same faculty, different engineering programs). He has become such an integral part of my life, and I can be my full self when I'm with him.
  • Discovering new pastimes and hobbies (and actually having free time to pursue them)
  • Having scheduled and impromptu hangouts with my friends over Discord
  • Getting my own Switch and consequently discovering this wholesome community <3

Last edited:
  • I graduated high school!
This was a huge accomplishment for me because I was so unmotivated at the end of the year. I'm so proud of myself for pushing through and finally walking across the stage.
  • I started my freshman year of college!
Super excited for next semester, since my first semester is coming to a close already. Though everything is online, I'm actually enjoying virtual learning because I don't have to drive. Plus, I can be in my house doing everything on my own time.
  • I got my license!
My mom had been bugging me to get my license ever since sophomore year. I hate driving, but I knew I had to at least pass the test to get it. We scheduled my driver's license test and a week before we started practicing. I haven't drove since I received my license, but I am glad I do not have to worry about taking the test anymore.

I went to Disney World in February and with the way things are going it was one of the last times in a while I was able to be in large crowds without fear. I also got a lot of time off work which was good for my sleeping schedule!

This year, I've started driving a lot, I'm still learning but I'm definitely getting the hang of it and I'm sure I'm capable of traveling to places that I wouldn't have previously thought I could. I've also been working out more. I'd also say that the whole pandemic kind of got me more into gaming. I've also started posting more on The Bell Tree and participating in the events.

Ffff....wow... That's really a hard one for me.
This year, the most important person in my life died, ruined a decade long relationship, was dumped, and for the first time in my life, understood what depression really meant. I gave up on everything. I stopped playing games, stopped talking to people, stopped moving. I had lost all will to exist, and it had nothing to do with being trapped in my home because of covid. I used to love searching for sad, downtrodden music, and now, I somewhat fear it.

I suppose, that if I were to have a positive take-away, it's that, through it all, I learned that I'm strong. That I can overcome adversity, and make the most of a horrible year by traveling to a lot of outdoor bucket list destinations and making a few new friends. I went from Pennsylvania to California and back in two weeks, saw the grand canyon, went to Texas for the first time (I highly recommend eating at Joe Taco if you're in the Amarillo area), took up longboarding, used said longboard to skate an abandoned turnpike, and I've pushed myself far further out of my comfort zone than I could have ever imagined. It's through my suffering and hardship, that I learned to become nearly fearless. Social anxiety? Hardly knew it. Now I push myself to work out either at home or going to the gym. I try to find the most in the little things, because that's all that's really worth living for.

"It takes a long time to realize how truly miserable you are, and even longer to see that it doesn't have to be that way. Only after you give up everything, can you begin to find a way to be happy."

• Celebrated a full year since finally cutting my toxic ex off COMPLETELY AND FOR EVER. I look back on them telling me they never really loved me with joy, bc it's what I needed to hear to keep myself away. It was pretty rough at first, but it's better than what it was like being with them
  • Got back into things that I had to cut out to emotionally distance myself from said ex! Now mostly trauma free!
  • Also stopped talking to other people I didn't feel good around
  • Came out as gay to my family. I've been out to friends basically since I knew, but telling my family was a really big deal for me. I don't think it's fully hit them yet tho lol
  • Became comfortable with lesbian as a label for myself!
  • Doing my senior year 100% online. I probably would've had a full on mental break if I had to go school for another year
  • Fully rediscovered my love for lolita fashion, maybe 2021 will be the year I wear it 👉👈

- I had a better summer than the last one
- I returned to ACNL and met a really nice girl
- I discovered TBT :3
- I got an IPad Pro and started doing digital art

• got to move in my my favorite cousin and with school being online we stay up late binging zombie movies also tried making oreo donut holes and almost burned the apartment down but it’s ok lolol
• met amazing people on here that i’m now buds with, literally could not ask for better friends to smack stuff in genshin with, ily homies TT
• i’ve improved in art so much omg, a big plus of joining tbt was me getting back into art thanks to my newfound friends and the events on here ^^
• finally watched glee lolol

Generally didn't have such a good time in 2020, but some good things still happened:

- even though we couldn't go abroad for our holiday, I still went on a nice weekend trip to the South West with my family
- finally bought more makeup and improved my skills by a lot
- improved my skin by taking up moisturizing (I plan on adding a cleanser, toner, exfoliator, serum, and spf to my routine soon!)
- after years of procrastination, I finally painted my bedroom white!
- I lost some weight during quarantine (maybe a bit too much actually...), and I now eat much healthier foods than I used to
- got a Nintendo Switch for my birthday
- I started up a new hobby of baking!
- I also taught myself how to cook, I can now make meals from scratch that my parents actually compliment
- I started using TBT lol
- I applied to university and got acceptance from 3/4 of my choices (thinking of applying for a 5th choice too, we'll see how that goes)

I'd have to say that despite everything, this year was the best time of growth I've ever had and I'm beyond grateful. I was able to reach so many milestones for my life that I can't even comprehend, looking back. Such as:

1. Graduating high school
2. Starting my freelance writing business
3. Finally facing and overcoming my anxiety/panic by myself
4. Giving my whole mindset a 360

I'm proud of my 2020 self.

My yard looks super good this year. I was having problems with weeds and my grass not growing where I wanted it to grow. There was a side of my house that the grass was slowly dying off and was just looking like dirt. It was really bad. But early this year I started this lawncare routine and after most of the year doing it... my yard looks amazing! There's very little weeds, the grass is very green and thick, it's no longer patchy and even the side that was becoming a big dirt spot is covered with healthy grass...

Maybe this sounds boring, but as a homeowner, it was irritating AF to see my yard looking so bad. I love it now. :)

This is probably the only thing I can pick out as good that's not hobby-related. This year has been really terrible in general.

I gained 5 much-needed pounds to my lovely growing stature

I had lots of good stuff happen to me in 2020.
⋆I moved in with my bf that I met online through Discord.
⋆I met my bf's family in person.
⋆My bf and his family invited me on a summer vacation trip to a beach house.
⋆I spent Thanksgiving with my bf and his family.
⋆It hasn't happened yet but I'll spend Christmas with my bf and his family and they'll include me with giving gifts.
⋆ACNH coming out.
⋆Meeting my bf's friends in person even though I felt extremely awkward, they were so nice.
⋆Getting closer to online friends.
⋆Decorating my apartment with my bf.
⋆Being able to celebrate my first ever anniversary with anyone aka my bf lol.
⋆This also hasn't happened yet but I'll finally get to celebrate New Years with a significant other for the first time ever (of course with the bf I'm with lol) so I'm extremely excited. Finally can have a New Years kiss!

2020 has been one heck of a ride for everyone. I'm hoping that once it's the New Year, somehow it'll get better but based on where I live, I highly doubt it will get better. Many people here in NYC are selfish and can't wait any longer staying indoors/quarantining. They really would not have survived during the medieval times, haha. There's always a lot of negative events talked about so I figured why not discuss about the good things that have happened as well, to balance it out.

In the year of 2020, I've slowly changed for the better; as in learning to be an adult.
  • I managed to meet/date someone that isn't a horrible sociopath.
  • I got full time job recently (which is hard to come by because of Covid-19,with the help of a referral through a friend.) My goal is to save money straight for a year because my mom is planning to move down to Jersey and I don't want to move with them. I want to stay in the city whether I have to live in a small room or split the bill with a room mate.
  • I also want to eventually learn to drive and save up for a car if I manage to do so. It feels nice to learn how to do all these things because I want to be able to manage on my own. Most of my life my mom babied me and my younger brother so hard, we were incapable of doing many things on our own.

I moved into my own apartment by the beach.
I got a fulltime job at a software company.
I'm engaged to my fiance and we are getting married next year. :)

Back