• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Are you currently learning any languages?

What languages are you learning?

• Spanish

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • French

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • German

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Korean

• Japanese

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • Mandarin

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Italian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Russian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Others

• Total voters

gaydani

kliff is bae
Bells
Purple Bat Potion
Lucky
Blue Hybrid Rose
Leaf Ticket Easter Egg
Tasty Cake
Coco
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Pink Hybrid Lily
Mint
New Leaf Token
Currently I am learning Spanish, Korean, and Japanese and in the future I am planning on learning French, German, Mandarin, Arabic, Punjabi, and Finnish.
I'm planning on trying to become the person that knows the most languages in the world, though I doubt that'll happen. Here are the other languages I'm gonna attempt to learn after those lol:
Italian, Russian, Vietnamese, Catalan, Polish, Scottish Gaelic, Basque, Icelandic, Indonesian, Hungarian, Greek, Estonian, Serbian, Hindi, Turkish, Georgian, Romanian, Cantonese, Hawaiian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Filipino, Albanian, Hebrew, Swahili, Irish Gaelic, Navajo, Breton, Ukrainian, Tibetan, Maori, Tamil, Farsi, Xhosa, Czech, Zulu, Latvian, Amharic, Welsh, Quechua, Yoruba, Thai, Nahuatl, Vlax Romani Ojibwe, Occitanian, Dutch, Ainu, Arrernte, and Maltese

I took Spanish in high school, and though I stopped after my Junior year I still keep up with it. This school year coming up I'll start taking German, and hopefully I'll continue with it until I'm done w college.

I am currently trying to relearn Spanish! I don't want to take it in high school because nobody takes it seriously and it really upsets me. fun fact: i can actually listen, read and translate spanish, i just can't speak spanish (responding to it)
I'm also interested in Russian. But I might learn that during or after college.

Edit: Don't give up on your dream! If you put your mind to it, you can do anything~

Last edited:
nooo but i took french and germanfor my GCSEs....i really liked german in particular but now i can only read simple sentences and idk anything about french anymore but id like to do german again one day

I still have two semesters left of Spanish to learn in university, and I plan on learning Japanese on my own in the future as well. :)

I?m not deliberately learning any languages at the moment, but have started picking up a lot of Japanese from watching more Anime.

(Anyone who?s interested in learning German or needs some assistance can PM me though; I work as a tutor and would love to help)

Last edited:
I'm tryin to learn basic Spanish to use at work when talking to customers. It gets really annoying quick when they speak FULL ON Spanish and look at me like I'M the dumb one.

my family wants to learn Spanish, I also kinda want to learn French so I can watch the miraculous ladybug episodes that haven't been released in English yet.

I learned Spanish in high school and I try to keep up with it. Since I don't have anyone to speak Spanish with, I've gotten bad at being able to create my own sentences, but I'm still able to read and understand a fair amount of it.

I'm self-teaching myself Japanese, using several credible online sites to clarify words and phrases as needed. I basically listen to a lot of different things in Japanese (music, anime, movies, videos of people speaking normally) and wait for words to stand out to me. Then, I look them up along with any cultural information regarding the translation. I also went through the steps of memorizing the basics, like numbers, colors, hiragana, etc. I've reached the point where I can understand the gist of a lot of things without needing a translation, but there are still plenty of words I don't know.

Korean and italian. Thought italian would be easy since I know spanish. So far so good for both languages!

Just finished up my 2 years of French for high school, I'm going to try and retain my knowledge because it's nice to know (especially if I end up dipping to Quebec or someplace in the future) but, knowing my willpower, I'm going to forget to study it

Going into my senior year of high school and I've taken 3.5 years of German. I'm taking it in my senior year as well and I can speak it very well.

Since I?m Canadian we learn French in school, I?m going for all 4 years to get the certificate. I know some Japanese but want to learn more when I?m older :)

Well... English isn't in here hehe..
But yeah I'm learning English, and Japanese too!

I'm planning on trying to become the person that knows the most languages in the world, though I doubt that'll happen. Here are the other languages I'm gonna attempt to learn after those lol:

Good luck with that! :)

A friend of my Dad is able to speak 9 languages perfect, currently learning Italian and he knows some others as well,
but not able to speak them perfect. He's a very smart guy. :b

As for me, I am currently learning french, hard af but I have no choice. x)

Back