• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Aquilla's artistic adventures 🎨

Aquilla

the most wonderful time of the year 🌸
Bells
Switch
3591-5022-2346
Black Hybrid Rose
Yellow Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
White Lily
You’ve found my little art gallery! 🌸
I have been doing digital art since 2021 after many many years of traditional art.
First I started out with a cheap Huion tablet and Krita and now I use Procreate and an iPad.
Typically I use this thread to look back at old art and analyse what I have already improved at and what I still need to learn.

IMG_4762.jpeg

The time has come - after months of contemplation and procrastination I hereby present my humble digital art collection ~
For many years I wanted to learn digital drawing after doing traditional art most of my life. I kept coming to the museum and stare in awe at the beautiful artworks created by the amazing artists here on tbt. ✨ I always felt intimidated by digital drawing because of the many unknown mechanics and complicated looking program interfaces. Because I'm so critical of my art I was afraid I'd never be satisfied, as with digital art it seems like it could always be improved on a new layer whereas on paper there's only so much you can do until the paper is full. So, about two months ago in April I finally picked up my tablet and started exploring ~

Originally I wanted to wait until I create more artwork I truly like before showing it online and daring to make a thread but I think if I go down that road, I'll never upload anything because sooner or later I always start disliking my art. 🙃

I want to take this as a learning opportunity, to look back on old pieces and to be able to (hopefully) see my improvement over time. The past two months have been a very steep learning curve and I still discover new features in my art program every time I use it. There is still a lot to learn, for example how on earth to shade properly, actual anatomy and developing a more distinct artstyle. For now I'll just have fun and use this thread as a little art diary/gallery ✨

Thank you for checking it out 💜

The TBTWC really pushed me out of my comfort zone and helped me find motivation to draw every day

rosie.jpg

static.jpg

bellflowers.jpg

flag design entry

bellflowercircle.jpg

psiana.jpg

shaimin.jpg

étoile.jpg

bob.jpg

cheer 17.5..jpg

mewtwo.jpg

moremoredrawing.jpg

flowersunset.jpg

enekoro.jpg

master.jpg

group poster.jpg

21/04/21 turtleyawesome's OC
bunnygirl.png

27/04/21 SakuraMoon's rep
sakuramoon.png

02/06/21 MC from Dragon Quest XI for Iki

eleven.jpg

03/06/21 Mistreil's OC
mistreil.png

Ah there's an attatchment limit ;u; so I'll have to add the remaining drawings to a post below.

Last edited:
I love your style! Your bellflower flag makes me feel cozy, and the mega mewtwo is spot on.

Last edited:
Part two ~

12/05/21 art trade with Jadetine 💜
ren.jpg

15/05/21 gift for CylieDanny 💜
squirrel commission.jpg

14/06/21 Sig for Lumi 💜
lumi.png

14/04/21 My first ever digital doodle (it's my cat)
Maddy doodle.jpg

16/06/21 re-draw two months later
Maddy2.0.jpg

21/04/21 my first *own* sig :D (that was a good day)
signature.png

15/06/21 current sig
june sig.png

02/05/21 some villager icons for my friend's birthday
elena amiibo.jpg

18/04/21 fanart of Plume's OC xD
plume.png

I am so glad you decided to share your art! I love it! The colors are so vibrant and gorgeous! All your characters are full of life and have great expressions (and they are all extremely adorable 🥺). Beautiful artwork! I can’t wait to see more 😊. Thank you for sharing :). You are so talented!

I love your style! Your bellflower flag makes me feel cozy, and your the mega mewtwo is spot on.
Thank you so much 💜🥺
Post automatically merged:

I am so glad you decided to share your art! I love it! The colors are so vibrant and gorgeous! All your characters are full of life and have great expressions (and they are all extremely adorable 🥺). Beautiful artwork! I can’t wait to see more 😊. Thank you for sharing :). You are so talented!
thank you for your kind words 💜 it means a lot to me!

Oh my goodness yay!! I love art threads and I’ll be sure to put yours on Watch so I can keep an eye on it. Your art style is so cute and I can’t wait to see more of your posts. I loved seeing what you’d make for the Bellflowers (I voted for your flag design 🥺💕) and I’m curious if our new summer camp themed event will also include art so I’ll get to see more of your creations!

Oh my goodness yay!! I love art threads and I’ll be sure to put yours on Watch so I can keep an eye on it. Your art style is so cute and I can’t wait to see more of your posts. I loved seeing what you’d make for the Bellflowers (I voted for your flag design 🥺💕) and I’m curious if our new summer camp themed event will also include art so I’ll get to see more of your creations!
thank you so much Lumi 💜 you are so sweet! It means so much to me that you are using my art on your profile - that's the greatest compliment I could think of :) I'm so excited for the camp event as well! Hopefully we can be on the same team again ^u^

Yusssssss welcome to the fray!!!
I ofc love your art, and am so happy to see you here. TBT is such a kind and caring place to develop art. You already seem to have plenty of skill, so I look forward to seeing your masterpieces. 😁

I love your art so much it's so cute!! I'll never get over how adorable my OC looks in your style and I can't wait to see more of your amazing work!

Yusssssss welcome to the fray!!!
I ofc love your art, and am so happy to see you here. TBT is such a kind and caring place to develop art. You already seem to have plenty of skill, so I look forward to seeing your masterpieces. 😁
Haha thank you! ^u^ and it's true - if it weren't for the super supportive community I don't think I would have dared. I love to see when artists lift each other up! 💜
Post automatically merged:

I love your art so much it's so cute!! I'll never get over how adorable my OC looks in your style and I can't wait to see more of your amazing work!
thank you 💜 I'm glad you like her - I had so much fun drawing her cute little face :)

Your art is so cute!! I remember seeing your stuff in TBTWC and really liking it but I didn't get to see your flag entry and it is absolutely stunning!

I think it's also just fascinating to see the changes in your art and in only a short time, like the difference in the cat drawings, wow! It's cool to see you trying new things 😄

Your art is so cute!! I remember seeing your stuff in TBTWC and really liking it but I didn't get to see your flag entry and it is absolutely stunning!

I think it's also just fascinating to see the changes in your art and in only a short time, like the difference in the cat drawings, wow! It's cool to see you trying new things 😄
thank you for the kind words 💜 It's a lot of trail and error right now! :D especially when drawing humans I don't really have a blueprint I stick to. It's something I'd still like to develop: a more coherent style. But then again art has no limits so why narrow myself down to one ^^

When drawing my cat the second time the cats from Disney's Aristocats were in my head and I think that's visible 😂

AQUILLA PLS YOUR ART IS SO GOOD 😭😭😭😭!! your art style is just,, incredible omg. i’m also lowkey still sad that your flag design didn’t win - it’s so cute. 🥺

Didn't see this thread before!

As I already mentioned before, your art is awesome!! Everything you do turns out so cute. 💜
Can't wait to see more!! :giggle:

AQUILLA PLS YOUR ART IS SO GOOD 😭😭😭😭!! your art style is just,, incredible omg. i’m also lowkey still sad that your flag design didn’t win - it’s so cute. 🥺

Didn't see this thread before!

As I already mentioned before, your art is awesome!! Everything you do turns out so cute. 💜
Can't wait to see more!! :giggle:
You both are so kind! Your lovely feedback really made my day today. Thank you for your kind words and support 💜

Wow, your art is adorable 🥺💜 You have an amazing talent so please keep sharing ( love that there is so much purple 😍💜)

Wow, your art is adorable 🥺💜 You have an amazing talent so please keep sharing ( love that there is so much purple 😍💜)
Thank you Roxxy 💜 lol thanks to the tbtwc purple became my entire personality. After the event ended it was hard to shake it off. I had a purple phase when I was about 14 so this uncovered some long lost memories :D

I drew a bunch of Bobs for Makoto! I had so much fun experimenting with styles and expressions. I'm glad about this little experiment - I have been so busy with other things that drawing fell off my radar. Hopefully I'll have some more time in the weeks to come.

Bob1.png

Bob3.png

Bob4.png
I think I naturally lean towards a more detailed style, but wanted to attempt something more minimalistic with the little headshots.
I also wanted to dump a wip here. It's completely different and has nothing to do with animal crossing whatsoever but eh 🤷‍♀️ I'm currently working on a meal for Kiwikenobi so here's some wip sushi ~

sushi.jpg

Last edited:
I drew a bunch of Bobs for Makoto! I had so much fun experimenting with styles and expressions. I'm glad about this little experiment - I have been so busy with other things that drawing fell off my radar. Hopefully I'll have some more time in the weeks to come.

View attachment 382870
View attachment 382871
View attachment 382872
I think I naturally lean towards a more detailed style, but wanted to attempt something more minimalistic with the little headshots.
I also wanted to dump a wip here. It's completely different and has nothing to do with animal crossing whatsoever but eh 🤷‍♀️ I'm currently working on a meal for Kiwikenobi so here's some wip sushi ~

So cute! 😍💜

Oh wow! I am now very hungry for sushi! That looks delicious 🤤! I can’t wait to see it when it’s done!

Can’t wait to see more of your art 😊. Great job!

So cute! 😍💜

Oh wow! I am now very hungry for sushi! That looks delicious 🤤! I can’t wait to see it when it’s done!

Can’t wait to see more of your art 😊. Great job!
thank you for your kind words 🥺 💜 I also got really hungry, especially when looking up references haha ^^

Back