• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Aquilla's artistic adventures 🎨

Wow 🥺💜 Your art is just breathtaking. The moth is so realistic it is incredible. It does look like a picture taken with a soft lense. The postcard is fab! I love that you are swimming with the oarfish and jellyfish.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful art. It makes my heart smile 😊 💫💜💫

Long time no post! I thought it would be nice to share all my drawn entries I created for the last event Camp Belltree so that I have them all in one place ~ 😊

Forest:

View attachment 397910
Evergreen Team flag

View attachment 397911
Atlas Moth (Bookful of Bugs)

Ocean:

View attachment 397913View attachment 397912
Tales from our travels

View attachment 397914
Koi (Aquatic Album)

While I was quite happy with how most of my entries turned out, I was rather disappointed in my Koi. I worked on it even longer than on the moth - but the colours look muddy and the scales and eyes didn't turn out the way I wanted. I attempted to draw Lilly-pads as well but that was a disaster. I had to submit it like this because I ran out of time (and had already changed it many times). Hopefully I can create something I'm happier with next time around :>

Non event-related art:

View attachment 397918

I recently got to draw a new pfp for @thetessagrace which was incredibly fun to draw ^u^
Looking forward to creating more chibis soon ~

Notes to self: add dates to these!!!
These are all incredible! 😍 I especially love your postcard and the way the light hits your oarfish. The pearl stamp is also so beautiful! All of your work is beautiful! 😍

Long time no post! I thought it would be nice to share all my drawn entries I created for the last event Camp Belltree so that I have them all in one place ~ 😊

Forest:

View attachment 397910
Evergreen Team flag

View attachment 397911
Atlas Moth (Bookful of Bugs)

Ocean:

View attachment 397913View attachment 397912
Tales from our travels

View attachment 397914
Koi (Aquatic Album)

While I was quite happy with how most of my entries turned out, I was rather disappointed in my Koi. I worked on it even longer than on the moth - but the colours look muddy and the scales and eyes didn't turn out the way I wanted. I attempted to draw Lilly-pads as well but that was a disaster. I had to submit it like this because I ran out of time (and had already changed it many times). Hopefully I can create something I'm happier with next time around :>

Non event-related art:

View attachment 397918

I recently got to draw a new pfp for @thetessagrace which was incredibly fun to draw ^u^
Looking forward to creating more chibis soon ~

Notes to self: add dates to these!!!

i still can’t get over just how real your atlas moth drawing looks. it looks like a photo of an actual atlas moth! it’s so gorgeous. 😭

i’m sorry to hear that you aren’t too happy with your koi, but i think you did an amazing job! it’s such a beautiful drawing and the colour palette is just *chefs kiss*. you’re super talented, love. <3

All your artwork is amazing! I really enjoyed viewing each piece and admiring all the work that went into them, you're definitely a really talented artist 🥰

I really love both drawings of your cat, he's a Maine Coon? I have two and they're a really lovely breed, yours looks absolutely adorable in your artwork 💙

All your drawings from the Bell Tree Championships and Camp are fantastic, I particularly love your flag entry and Espeon and Shaymin are really cute (I wish a purple Shaymin existed in Pokemon now 🥺) and I really like how your moth and koi turned out for your camp entries, now you're not as happy with the fishy but I think it looks really sweet swimming around in the water :giggle:

The entry for Pupperinas art contest is incredible and really detailed and the food art looks very realistic and tasty! Really look forward to seeing all your future artwork, it's all really lovely to see :giggle:

Wow 🥺💜 Your art is just breathtaking. The moth is so realistic it is incredible. It does look like a picture taken with a soft lense. The postcard is fab! I love that you are swimming with the oarfish and jellyfish.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful art. It makes my heart smile 😊 💫💜💫
Thank you so much Roxxy! 🥺💚 You are too kind!

These are all incredible! 😍 I especially love your postcard and the way the light hits your oarfish. The pearl stamp is also so beautiful! All of your work is beautiful! 😍
Thank you S.J. - it means a lot to me when people find the little details I include! I was pondering a lot over how to make the water surface reflect on the oarfish body so I'm happy you appreciate it 🥰
Post automatically merged:

i still can’t get over just how real your atlas moth drawing looks. it looks like a photo of an actual atlas moth! it’s so gorgeous. 😭

i’m sorry to hear that you aren’t too happy with your koi, but i think you did an amazing job! it’s such a beautiful drawing and the colour palette is just *chefs kiss*. you’re super talented, love. <3
You're a dear Xara 💚 thanks a lot! Hearing all the support about the Koi makes me feel better about it. I will re-do it one day and post it here with the goal that it looks just as real as the moth ^^

All your artwork is amazing! I really enjoyed viewing each piece and admiring all the work that went into them, you're definitely a really talented artist 🥰

I really love both drawings of your cat, he's a Maine Coon? I have two and they're a really lovely breed, yours looks absolutely adorable in your artwork 💙

All your drawings from the Bell Tree Championships and Camp are fantastic, I particularly love your flag entry and Espeon and Shaymin are really cute (I wish a purple Shaymin existed in Pokemon now 🥺) and I really like how your moth and koi turned out for your camp entries, now you're not as happy with the fishy but I think it looks really sweet swimming around in the water :giggle:

The entry for Pupperinas art contest is incredible and really detailed and the food art looks very realistic and tasty! Really look forward to seeing all your future artwork, it's all really lovely to see :giggle:
OOOH can I see your cats?? I will pm you in a bit - I need to know EVERYTHING about them 😂💚 Yes, he is a Maine Coon! He is very old now - we only adopted him when he was already 10. I wish I had seen him as a kitten! Thank you for all the lovely compliments 🥺💚

It's been a hot minute since updating this thread - phew! Kinda been in a drawing slump lately, but have been picking it back up slowly but steadily. Then, after having a motivational chat with my dear @Roxxy I finally have been struck by inspiration again and spent the evening drawing some cute girls~
1roxxy.png

Here's Roxxy's precious Pocket Camp avatar - our iconic galaxy queen 💜

cuties.jpg

I have been trying to find a style that I like and currently my obsession is drawing cute hairstyles. There might be more of these random OC's in the future!

dunq kitty.jpg

Drew @Dunquixote's late kitty recently and had such a wonderful time <3 it was so nice to just draw an adorable animal for a change.

goomy3.jpg
And this is a commission I made for @your local goomy a few weeks ago. I tried to mimic the typical Pokémon character style - and with the detailed background this was quite out of my comfort zone ^^' I visited an anatomy seminar straight after because the body proportions were killing me. Also: clothing folds. Why do they have to exist?

That's it! *proceeds to disappear for another month*

I really like your art! It's so beautiful, and the realistic animals are all so lifelike! And of course I love the foods that you drew for me. ^_^
I saw that you're starting up an art shop; you can bet I'll be in there to commission something as soon as it's open!

I really like your art! It's so beautiful, and the realistic animals are all so lifelike! And of course I love the foods that you drew for me. ^_^
I saw that you're starting up an art shop; you can bet I'll be in there to commission something as soon as it's open!
Thank you so much! 🥰 animals are one of my favourite motifs and I am planning on offering animal portraits as well ~ drawing your food was a refreshing change too. I haven’t gotten around to making a second dish, but hopefully I will once I meed a break from chibis and cutesy things :’D

Time to revive this thread! It's been almost a year since I last updated my art journey here ^^'. Between opening my art shop and having to pause it again because of a lack of free time, I didn't actually draw an awful lot outside of tbt events. I'm hoping to change that in the coming months! I'll make several posts for structure as I think one big one would be too much.

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

These here were some art gifts for my friends and guild mates from an online game I've been playing. I thought it could be interesting to see the reference as well!

reference
8bR4yzB.png

this was one of my first drawings using procreate - it was such a massive change from using krita and really hard to get used to at first!
Oig0CSQ.jpg
pHUkopP.png
qtcyFra.jpg
FiRJncV.jpg

Ugh this one was so challenging! I rarely draw male characters, let alone super high tech mecha armor. I see many areas that need improvement here, but at least I learned about how to make things glow haha ^^
w8BhX7B.jpg
ZXiLN3a.jpg

Next are some pieces I did over the last few months.

Hit4e0b.jpg

celebrating diversity 2022

iCsgBeG.jpg

iFVpVhb.png

some art for Blonk

bf3JBb2.png

gift for S.J.

e4hyQzC.jpg

gift for Roxxy

I've been super busy with my art portfolio for uni, as I had to submit it this semester. This is why I've not had much time for digital art and had to focus on traditional art. Here are some impressions from my portfolio for those who care:

some studies with a brush pen

WsErteY.jpg

lino cut: plant prints

WWDftQl.jpg

pVrjrqd.jpg

xy0jCQr.jpg

j6ZKM91.jpg

1jji0cC.jpg

some art with social commentary:

0PGKPkb.jpg
n0PU8PB.jpg

currently working on:

art trade with jadetine!

hxfcTpq.jpg
O7OXYHd.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my portion of the art trade with @/jadetine 💜 this was the most fun I've had with art in a long time!

ug2dN1d.png

gif version:

SmB0tCz.gif

Somehow the exported gifs look much more muted compared to the normal .png. If anyone has an idea why this happens with procreate, I'd be interested in knowing how to fix that ;-;

gogOiM2.png
7SGMDaK.gif

Behold!! I have drawn… a MAN!!!!
Thank you @kiwikenobi for regularly challenging me to break out of ALL of my comfort zones at once xD I dreaded everything about this piece - a more detailed background, more masculine features and *shudder* clothes... In the end I had an absolute blast with it! I will try and challenge myself more in the year to come.

QhNqsZj.png

I also made this, to round up my art year! I still have far to go and loads to learn, but have come a long way as well :3 I can physically feel improvement with every drawing I make and while I still struggle to find and stick to a style, other aspects become easier day by day. I have managed to draw not only every single month this year, but also every single week. Not daily, but every other day or so. For me that's absolutely astonishing, as I can't stick to anything for longer then two consecutive weeks usually. So I'm proud of my endurance!

Looking at this I can notice a pattern of frontal or 3/4 view faces and round, simple backgrounds. Time to mix it up!! I also need to work on expressions to make them less generic and decide on ONE (max two) style of eyes ffs. I seem to change them every other drawing xD

FI5vXH4.jpg

Thank you to everyone who keeps supporting me! Every reaction and encouraging comment makes my day/week/month and without this forum I don't think I ever would have picked up digital art. The kindness and immense creativity of the members here are what make me want to go above and beyond (plus ultra??) :3 <3 I never thought I'd find a community this wholesome and nice when I randomly stumbled upon this forum in the search of Marshal years ago.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for drawing Jericho for me! It's such a gorgeous work of art! So dark and moody, with the glowing lights standing out in the middle of it, and Jericho using his magic and looking so small and alone. The lighting makes it all look so real. I'm so, so happy with it! You're amazing! Thank you! ^_^

Thank you so much for drawing Jericho for me! It's such a gorgeous work of art! So dark and moody, with the glowing lights standing out in the middle of it, and Jericho using his magic and looking so small and alone. The lighting makes it all look so real. I'm so, so happy with it! You're amazing! Thank you! ^_^
You are too kind! Thank you for your words, I'm so happy that you like the composition. I was worried that the background and landscape might swallow him up, but the way that you put it makes it sound like I did the right thing!

Yes, you made some excellent choices with the way the whole scene is arranged! Jericho is a lonely wanderer, so it really captures the mood that he's in well!

Happy new year! Lemme just dump what I've drawn recently~
man I should really update this more often

75395D1F-38F7-44F3-BA4C-420270D040DD.png

This was a quick 1 hour project because I needed a new discord pfp.
This is my main in an online game I’m playing ^O^

SJARRT.jpg

Birthday art for S.J. <3
I’m in my big spikey lashes and random rimlight era

💅🏼
✨

wsnvA1e.png

Secret Santa for Firesquids <3

D183B1D6-2D0F-4DC4-BB21-0C713EC1E03C.jpeg

Wip for Franny <3

EC784575-7319-4C0C-98B4-C76BFD2F7AAD.jpeg

F520D5A9-2ABF-4EA2-9FA6-CE6740DC20F2.jpeg

Random wips of random new OCs

9CDC8FFD-07AF-4649-9A00-6B82B1C2C3E9.jpeg

And lastly this wip for Kiwikenobi that’s been killing me (but in a good way) 🙃

Last edited:
Happy lunar new year 🪐🐰👾

DDEA8C65-BBF2-4876-AF81-91A5F72DA5AE.jpeg

This is a very no thoughts head empty one hour doodle. I just turned on some house music and found myself drawing a glitchy space rabbit. Or is it underwater? Nobody knows. Nice to draw without expectations and references or a particular idea to chase for a change - I needed that after working on commissions non stop.

Some more art I finished over the last few weeks~ I've been insanely busy at work so I only have half an hour a day or so. Looking forward to the holidays so I can properly dive back into art ^o^

uHNk7rO.jpg

Gift for Foreverfox, in loving memory of her beautiful pup <3

MABrxW8.png

Commission for Franny
This was the most fun with hair I've ever had :3

Kiwiart.jpeg

Commission for Kiwikenobi ~ remind me to never draw a full Pokemon team again lmao this took 1 1/2 months

It's gorgeous! And it's really so much more than I asked for! I didn't expect you to do a full background and all of that amazing lighting and everything. You really went wayyyy above and beyond! Thank you so much! ^_^

Back