• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Anyone sad the Town Tree doesn't make a return in any form?

CodyYuki

Bells
I'm not sure with others but I liked having a Tree representing the time and effort of your town. Even though It might have took up space it could have been changed into something else like the resident services area being more than just a Town hall with it growing and adding new things the more time you spend on the game.

Maybe this is just a me thing though, What do you think? Worth having or better that its gone?

I really miss the Town Tree! I also love seeing the town history that rolls by when you sit by it (if my signature is any indication). I'm honestly really surprised that it doesn't seem to be in the game?

Also, my town is The Shire, and I was really excited to hear that you could now decorate with furniture everywhere, so I was really hoping to turn the Town Tree into the Party Tree and decorate all around it, but nope.

I really liked the town tree in the plaza, I know they won’t bring it back, but I liked it a lot!

Yessss, I really miss the town tree ;__; it was such a lovely thing, I loved sitting down and feeling emotional while thinking about all that I've been through with that tree lol.

Yes I loved the symbolism of the town tree in New Leaf and I created a similar area on my island with a central tree, cobblestone, and some benches near my shopping area. I wish something similar would exist in New Horizons since we literally start on a deserted island. I know Residents Services upgrades, but I wish it was something more nature themed.

I miss it as well! I liked that it showed your progress throughout the game as it grew bigger, your town did too

Not really hopeful that we'll have anything similar again since the game as already launched but it would have been nice if there was an equivalent symbolic thing to start our journeys on our islands

It was one of my favourite things about New Leaf :') I have so many photos of my character sitting under the tree as the years ago by ;o;

I miss the tree so much! I liked just sitting on it and the credits rolling along with showing the history of your village. It makes me feel so nostalgic and look back on happy memories. I'm sad we don't have that anymore):

I also loved that after a year there was like a small anniversary thing and even in the second year!

We should get a new symbol of the Town Tree like a volcano. As times goes, the volcano grows and rumbles.

We can all sit in fear and anticipation until it erupts.
--
But yeah. I liked the tree. Maybe it can be released as an item or like a public works sorta thing. Optional to have.

I loved the town tree a lot and I kind of miss it but I would also like something new rather than something that was in the previous iteration of the game especially since it wouldn't make sense in this game.

Last edited:
I loved that tree and the fact that you could sit down and look at the "credits" of your island, who moved in when and which shops were built when. It was a cute tree that you could watch grow with your town. I miss it!

one of those decisions that i don't know what were they thinking. it's obviously an animal crossing staple??? there's even an item on pocket camp like it.

We should get a new symbol of the Town Tree like a volcano. As times goes, the volcano grows and rumbles.

--
But yeah. I liked the tree. Maybe it can be released as an item or like a public works sorta thing. Optional to have.

your posts always provide the laughs hahaha <3

sincerely yeah, enough to make a smaller dupe version of it in my town recently lol

--
That's why we have a makeshift Godzilla in the game and a mecha (the robot hero).

People will place them on their islands innocently, but, as soon as your island gets developed enough, both of them will start a ferocious battle that will completely destroy your island.

I miss it :c I miss seeing a giant tree and being reminded of my town's age, haha! xD Also, I liked that sitting at it gave a history of your town and when your villagers arrived QuQ

--

I say we use it as a place to make sacrifices to the great tiki gods of the island.

Back