Anyone play indie games? Or other none main stream games?

I watched day of the devs yesterday and I really look forward to knowing more about beastie ball.
I also watch another showcase recently (can't remember the name) that showed Dinoblits, My Familiar, and Mini shoot Adventure. They have demos and I really liked them.

I have a bunch of indies on my Switch. Some of my favorites are Iconoclasts, SteamWorld Dig 1 & 2 and The Escapists 2.
Really looking forward to playing Celeste as well. I've had that one in my backlog for way too long.

Yes, I love indie games! I almost exclusively play indie games nowadays! Here is a list of my favorites;

Wylde Flowers - super cute farming and witch sim that I think Animal Crossing lovers will adore! You can date love interests of all genders, and there is a lot of good representation, both LGBTQ+ and POC.

Close Your Eyes - Favorite horror game by far that doesn't have too many jumpscares or anything. I just love the story and the characters, plus, it's free!

Tattletail - Another horror game I thought was really fun and the hidden lore intrigues me!

Our Life: Beginnings & Always - Free dating sim with lots of customization options and LGBTQ+ friendly. There's only one love interest if you don't buy the DLCs, but, said love interest changes based on your choices, it's super cool!

Off-Peak - I love both Off-Peak games, though just Off-Peak is free and a good introduction to the weirdcore world of that creator's games. Really interesting commentary on art and I love the randomness yet charming nature of the world and characters.

Calico - Fairly janky, but I'd still recommend it for those who just want to run around a cute world with cute animals and characters. Although fair warning the character creator is kind of feminine leaning (unsure if they have changed this).

Wandersong - Haven't gotten far in it, but so far it's pretty fun. You basically make your character sing to beat bosses and influence the world around you.

Smile For Me - Weirdcore game with a really interesting story and fun gameplay that involves problem-solving via collecting the items in your environment. Super fun and cute, though it has a creepy underbelly so fair warning.

I use to be the queen of indie games and played a bunch like Eqqo, Tangle Tower, Night in the Woods, Roki, Turnip Boy commits tax evasion, Raji an Ancient Epic, Spiritfarer, Deadcells, Eastward, Journey, and several others. I have some more downloaded that I haven't gotten around to playing yet since my schedule changed. I use to love finishing an indie game in one sitting since they are usually short but like I said its hard for me to do that right now, especially since I mainly spend my gaming time playing animal crossing or Valorant.

Never actually played them although I really want to, but Hollow Knight and Cuphead are my favorite ones. They also both have really good music.

Back