Anyone else never had a meteor shower?!

I've had one so far. But I found the seed of my game and looking at it, I apparently missed on earlier in May, but it could have been because I was working and didn't play that night.

I should be having one in July, and then none until October ):

Wow that is super unlucky 😬 I've had two of them so far and plenty of Celeste visits, maybe later you will just get like 2-3 in a month or something, it will happen eventually! I've heard of a site online that can predict your weather patterns if you give it some of your weather info if you wanted to find out when your next meteor shower will aprox be

I've had one or two that Isabelle actually has announced, and on clear nights I'll occasionally get one or two shooting stars.

Unrelated but kinda related, I've never had a thunderstorm in my town at least to my knowledge. Like might have had one when I wasn't playing but I've never seen one in my town.

I had one last night and got about 200 wishes.

This morning I had a lousy 15 star fragments.
No big ones, and no zodiac fragments.

Hi! so, like you, I hadn't seen a meteor shower ever in my town. Now I know there are several factors involved in this:
1. There are two types of showers: light and heavy. Light showers drop abt 5 stars a minute in short and spaced periods of time, and heavy around 8 stars for extended and more frequent periods of time. Perhaps you've had lots of light showers but maybe they were scheduled for, say, 2 am, so ofc you wouldn't see them. Also, Isabelle doesn't announce these.

2. Isabelle does announce heavy showers, but guess what? if there is another announcement, like someone moving in or out, or a camper, she will not say anything abt the meteor shower. This is specially significant since in the first months the announcements seem endless! Apparently I had a shower in april i missed bc of this.

3. So, the best way to not miss them is finding your weather seed. this thread has all the info you need to get yours.
4. celeste ONLY appears when there is a shower, be it light or heavy.
I too had never seen a meteor shower on my town and thought it was bc I hadn't had any, but turns out I only had one in april and missed it. Over all, your seed might be like mine with just very few showers during the year, so I advise you find your seed and keep close track of light showers so you actually collect star fragments

Another very important, hidden detail is that making a new character on the island will reset the weather for the rest of the day. So if you were suppose to have a shower, but you also made a new character, you just ended your chance of experiencing that shower.

You should find your weather seed so you can ensure you don't make this mistake on meteor shower days. Had I known this fact back in May, I could have experienced my first heavy shower.

I had one last night but it was unannounced since since the upgraded Resident Services will only be up the next day .

No Celeste too but I made a ton of wishes to finish the entire achievement card but the star fragments I received today was only maybe 20 ? I expected more since I probably made atleast 80 wishes .

Then again could it be possible that the game auto sends the fragments to you into your inventory after logging in and out ?? I doubt so right ??

@OceanTyrant dis you keep checking your beaches? They don't spawn all at the same time but they should keep washing up after you picked them up until you get all the stars fragments you wished for.

I also want to add that you can have a heavy meteor shower without Isabelle announcing it.
I had one beginning of the week and my villagers all told me about it but Isabelle never mentioned it...
And no, it wasn't a light one, I used it to find my seed and it was definitely a heavy shower.
So... Definitely don't rely on Isabelle for meteor showers.

Oh wow I didn’t realise they were so uncommon for some people. I’ve had about 3-4 full blown meteor showers before rainy season where Isabelle announced it and a lot of medium-light showers scattered throughout. I haven’t seen many shooting stars recently because of all the rain but I already have so many star fragments saved from past showers. I think Celeste has visited a handful of times as well.

one or two light showers from tt-ing; other than that theyre the rarest thing on my island with regular wood at second

I had a heavy shower in May when I started the game but no Celeste, so I have Taurus fragments but not the DIY. Now I see Celeste more often but haven't seen a single shooting star since. I have to assume all my stars were when I was asleep. I've tried getting my weather seed but because I don't have much meteor/rainbow data, only endless rain, I never get a result out of it. I wish they just put a weather forecast in the game, it could be a nookphone app.

I haven’t had one yet and I’ve been playing since the day after the game got released! I’ve gotten Celeste plenty of times and everytime I get her I get stars, but never an actual meteor shower. Isn’t there only like a 1-5% chance of getting one?

I think I had my light one a day or so ago. Got 16 star fragments. is that a shower or just a typical shooting star night?

No meteor showers for me either, and I've been playing since the day it came out!! But I have had Celeste a few times, I'll be going back on later and hopefully Celeste will be there ✨

I, too, never got a meteor shower in my island; or at least didn't notice any.
I'm trying to fill a form over the days that will help determine my island unique weather seed and eventually when I'll get stuff like meteor shower and rainbows... Hoping it'll help me see one!
(I mean it's just like in real life, I've seen people talking about meteor shower but I've never seen a shooting star of my entire life haha)

i haven’t, at least, i don’t think so - some nights have more shooting stars than others but i don’t think i’ve had a proper meteor shower yet ;u;

I, too, never got a meteor shower in my island; or at least didn't notice any.
I'm trying to fill a form over the days that will help determine my island unique weather seed and eventually when I'll get stuff like meteor shower and rainbows... Hoping it'll help me see one!
(I mean it's just like in real life, I've seen people talking about meteor shower but I've never seen a shooting star of my entire life haha)
I finally got my correct weather seed! It is definitely worth figuring out, as it includes the meteor times down to the second. It took me a while and I did have it wrong a few times, but is now the right seed. Best tool ever..

I finally got my correct weather seed! It is definitely worth figuring out, as it includes the meteor times down to the second. It took me a while and I did have it wrong a few times, but is now the right seed. Best tool ever..
I'm really going to have to try to plot mine out! I've still not had one and I posted this weeks ago! I'd love to see in advance when I'm supposed to get my first!

Nope, and I've played every day since launch. I'd really love to have one soon, if only to host my friends back from the times they've had star-catching parties

I'm really going to have to try to plot mine out! I've still not had one and I posted this weeks ago! I'd love to see in advance when I'm supposed to get my first!
I would say go for it. I msde some mistakes with cloudy/rain clouds, and using pics from my album, and had it wrong a few times. I started over and just put in a couple data points (left out when unsure) to narrow down the day a bit. Then about 6 days later had my correct seed.

It really does tell you exactly when the meteor appears. I was able to confirm my island has had no heavy showers since launch, but did notice that there have been light ones. But since I didn't play at exactly 10:22:26pm, lol.... missed out on them.

I would say go for it. I msde some mistakes with cloudy/rain clouds, and using pics from my album, and had it wrong a few times. I started over and just put in a couple data points (left out when unsure) to narrow down the day a bit. Then about 6 days later had my correct seed.

It really does tell you exactly when the meteor appears. I was able to confirm my island has had no heavy showers since launch, but did notice that there have been light ones. But since I didn't play at exactly 10:22:26pm, lol.... missed out on them.
That's amazing how exact it is! I do take loads of pictures so hopefully that will help me figure it out!

Back