Coral Key
Fortune Cookie
Holiday Candy Cane 2023
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
I have been playing everyday since 4/8 and I've never had shooting stars on my island. I had Celeste visit without stars only once but that was weeks ago. Has anyone else been playing for a while and also hasn't had a meteor shower? I'm starting to feel left out!

i had one on the 18th and a visit form celeste. the acnh guide book says that june & july r kinda rare for meteor showers so if u dont get one then thats not uncommon!!

No meteor showers yet, been playing since release day. But I do find stars on clear nights usually after 10 PM (with or without Celeste) & I can usually make my max 20 wishes that way. Granted it will take a long time versus having a meteor shower.

My wife started the same day as I did. I've had 3 meteor showers and she's had none. It's weird that they didn't guarantee at least one for every player.

i had one on the 18th and a visit form celeste. the acnh guide book says that june & july r kinda rare for meteor showers so if u dont get one then thats not uncommon!!
That's really good to know, thanks!
Post automatically merged:

No meteor showers yet, been playing since release day. But I do find stars on clear nights usually after 10 PM (with or without Celeste) & I can usually make my max 20 wishes that way. Granted it will take a long time versus having a meteor shower.
Great tip! Maybe I'll try to play late tonight and see what happens. I find my island is always rainy so clear nights are rare. I always have loads of flowers but no stars, haha!

My wife started the same day as I did. I've had 3 meteor showers and she's had none. It's weird that they didn't guarantee at least one for every player.
Glad to know I'm not the only one! Thanks!

I've had two, and missed one, to my intense regret. They're a really rare occurrence - perhaps once or twice in a month if that.

Seeing Celeste once in two months must be broken, she should at least show up once per month for the zodiac item. Personally I had two meteor showers, but outside their prettiness they seem rather useless. You can only get like 20-30 stars anyway and I'd rather just have Celeste.

I haven't had one either. Played daily since march 20th.
I had Celeste like 5 times though, but I only saw one light shower, in which I managed to see 2 shooting stars. That's it, that's all :ROFLMAO:
Tried the weather seed thing, but I don't have enough information to complete it. With my luck, I probably have one of the 2 seeds that have no showers until 2022 :unsure:

Good luck for you!

I’ve seen Celeste at least 4 times since release day but zero meteor showers. it’s really cramping my style, I hate asking for fragments 🙄

just glad I’m not the only one! it’s really weird that they seem to be completely random as opposed to, say, once or twice a month.

Same here! No meteor showers, not a single shooting star, and I have played daily since launch. I visited one other island (thank you wonderful person for opening your island during the meteor shower!), and got enough star fragments to make a wand. I feel like I'm missing out, as I have only seen celeste a couple times as well.

I am currently in the process of entering my weather data into an online thingy that's supposed to be able to predict weather and meteors. We shall see.....

I haven't had one either. Played daily since march 20th.
I had Celeste like 5 times though, but I only saw one light shower, in which I managed to see 2 shooting stars. That's it, that's all :ROFLMAO:
Tried the weather seed thing, but I don't have enough information to complete it. With my luck, I probably have one of the 2 seeds that have no showers until 2022 :unsure:

Good luck for you!
No meteor showers until 2022?! If I end up with one of those weather seeds I might have to get another switch (can't start over, other people in the town). I'm close to having enough data to find out.....

I have been playing everyday since 4/8 and I've never had shooting stars on my island. I had Celeste visit without stars only once but that was weeks ago. Has anyone else been playing for a while and also hasn't had a meteor shower? I'm starting to feel left out!
Hi! so, like you, I hadn't seen a meteor shower ever in my town. Now I know there are several factors involved in this:
1. There are two types of showers: light and heavy. Light showers drop abt 5 stars a minute in short and spaced periods of time, and heavy around 8 stars for extended and more frequent periods of time. Perhaps you've had lots of light showers but maybe they were scheduled for, say, 2 am, so ofc you wouldn't see them. Also, Isabelle doesn't announce these.

2. Isabelle does announce heavy showers, but guess what? if there is another announcement, like someone moving in or out, or a camper, she will not say anything abt the meteor shower. This is specially significant since in the first months the announcements seem endless! Apparently I had a shower in april i missed bc of this.

3. So, the best way to not miss them is finding your weather seed. this thread has all the info you need to get yours.
4. celeste ONLY appears when there is a shower, be it light or heavy.
1593031361790.png
I too had never seen a meteor shower on my town and thought it was bc I hadn't had any, but turns out I only had one in april and missed it. Over all, your seed might be like mine with just very few showers during the year, so I advise you find your seed and keep close track of light showers so you actually collect star fragments

I've had 2 so far but the first, I got too impatient and the second, I completely forgot about it and time traveled to the next day :')

i agree, the game should improve the RNG so you are at least guaranteed one shower that you will have announced - regardless of whatever else isabelle needs to announce. that seems a very strange thing to decide, anyways, lol.

i do think popping over to other people's islands to wish on stars is such a delightful thing to do - one of the few ways to be social on AC:NH. i always keep an eye out here on tbf for whenever someone says they have one. inevitably tho, i tend to go to someone's town for a shower/celeste visit, and THEN play at night the same day in my island and lo and behold, who shows up but celeste and i can't get a DIY from her, lollll. rng! it happens so many ways.

I just had my first one yesterday. Pretty great, considering I have been playing since launch.

Nope, haven't had one either. Seen Celeste a handful of times but not necessarily when it was clear. Eh.

I've also never had one, on either of my islands. Celeste will come to my island and give me recipes, but it will never be on a clear day.

Hi! so, like you, I hadn't seen a meteor shower ever in my town. Now I know there are several factors involved in this:
1. There are two types of showers: light and heavy. Light showers drop abt 5 stars a minute in short and spaced periods of time, and heavy around 8 stars for extended and more frequent periods of time. Perhaps you've had lots of light showers but maybe they were scheduled for, say, 2 am, so ofc you wouldn't see them. Also, Isabelle doesn't announce these.

2. Isabelle does announce heavy showers, but guess what? if there is another announcement, like someone moving in or out, or a camper, she will not say anything abt the meteor shower. This is specially significant since in the first months the announcements seem endless! Apparently I had a shower in april i missed bc of this.

3. So, the best way to not miss them is finding your weather seed. this thread has all the info you need to get yours.
4. celeste ONLY appears when there is a shower, be it light or heavy.
I too had never seen a meteor shower on my town and thought it was bc I hadn't had any, but turns out I only had one in april and missed it. Over all, your seed might be like mine with just very few showers during the year, so I advise you find your seed and keep close track of light showers so you actually collect star fragments
This was really helpful.
Especially … 4. celeste ONLY appears when there is a shower, be it light or heavy.
I've missed loads of light showers.

Back