• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Anyone Else Gender-Confused?

I thought Pango was a guy... No clue why because she's a peppy which is a female only personality... And I thought Cookie was male for a little while because one of my villagers referred to her as "he" once, which is weird.

Dude Robin and Twiggy were the same for me. Back on the GC I was thoroughly convinced that Nintendo was tricking me into believing Robin was a girl.

No, but apparently Diana is confused with Muffy's gender....................
HNI_0051.JPG

I thought Eunice was a girl before my guy friend told me... That was a little embarrassing on my part.

I don't see how anyone can get confused over genders. Their names are either in pink or blue when you talk to them, not to mention their voice pitches are slightly different. I thought Pate was a dude before I talked to her. Imagine my surprise :eek:

Last edited:
I've never had Lucky, I've always seen him from afar and thought of him as the 'Poor Cute Bandage Dog'.

Then my brother got him in New Leaf, I always assumed he was a girl. :O

I don't see how anyone can get confused over genders. Their names are either in pink or blue when you talk to them, not to mention their voice pitches are slightly different. I thought Pate was a dude before I talked to her. Imagine my surprise :eek:

I only realized that they had colored boxes in NL, and a lot of other people didn't know that beforehand. And the voice types correspond to specific personalities, all of which are specific to certain genders.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I thought Eunice was a girl before my guy friend told me... That was a little embarrassing on my part.

Wait, I thought Eunice is a girl?

I wasn't aware of the colored boxes. It's not that easy to spot, you know.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I meant I thought Eunice was a boy. She is actually a girl.
-embarrassed again-

I actually like these gender-ambiguous characters. They're nice and great for kids who might be more of an Agent S than a Fuchsia, or more of a Julian than a Eugene.

(Also I have Gabi in Dreamsie and I never thought she was particularly masculine, but I've met a few people now who've mistaken her for a boy. XD I must be odd)

I used to think that the cranky villagers were all guys. LOL!
I learned slowly while playing the first animal crossing games that some were girls and some were boys.
Though I tend to mess up peoples genders IRL some times too.

I learned slowly while playing the first animal crossing games that some were girls and some were boys.
Same xD

I thougth Sydney was a ubercute boy at first. When i found out She was ? girl i was really happy because She is so cute whitout being that makeup/feminime kind of girl.

For a long while i thought Twiggy was male also. It didn't help that my villagers kept using him/he pronouns when talking about her!!

I had the same Problem with Kid Cat ( in German: Petra)
Petra is a female Name... Therefore i thought Kid Cat was female.

Gotta be Agent S. I always thought she was a boy. Till now I couldn't accept she is a peppy villager. Her house is too boyish.

Well, all the cranky villagers are male. You can't have a female cranky, just like you can't have a male peppy. Personalities are gender-exclusive in all Animal Crossing games.

Back