Anyone Else Gender-Confused?

Not so much in New Leaf but back when I was playing GC. Before I figured out that blue name tag = boy and pink name tag = girl I thought Claude was a girl.

I thought Beau was female. He does look quite feminine come to think about it.

I still have one question... IS PIETRO MALE OR FEMALE?

I was/still am confused about Gracie's gender (If npc characters can be included). Most of the times I can pick out wether villagers are boys or girls. o;

Nope, never had this problem.

Villagers have coloured name tags and a different pitch in voice for a reason.

I have however confused a villager's personality type before, several times.

I was/still am confused about Gracie's gender (If npc characters can be included). Most of the times I can pick out wether villagers are boys or girls. o;

Gracie is male in the Japanese versions of the games.

Gabi confused me for like a month, but I`m pretty sure now its a he. :)

Gabi confused me for like a month, but I`m pretty sure now its a he. :)

Gabi's a she. :p

I almost forgot, Bluebear confused me back in GC. I never really talked to her since she was in my friend's town and not my own. It took me until City Folk to realize she was a peppy character since I never met her in Wild World and didn't look up the villagers on the internet then.

Like someone else said, Twiggy does NOT seem like a girl. Ee. The only way I could tell she was was when she came into my town and her name was in pink.

Last edited:
I thought Pate was a guy. Now, unless it is REALLY obvious, I wait until they speak or somehow otherwise indicate their gender. For the few villagers I have had experience with, I've mistaken almost half of them. Well, not the pink ape in my campsite one time, but others!

When I first had Agent S as one of my original five I thought she was a boy until I realised you could slightly see her face underneath her visor and she looked female

In regards to non-villagers, what gender do you think Saharah is? For me personally I see Saharah as a male

I've always figured Saharan for a female, but I've never really thought about it. Don't the other villagers refer to Saharah as "she" and "her" though?

Chops. Came off as a flamboyant, prissy girl. Ended up being a dude.
Canberra. Very rough and kind of crazy. Had a Jock-like feel. Ended up being a girl.
Syndey. Talked about getting out and catching all the fish and bugs, thought it was a Smug/Jock. Ended up being a girl.

Edit: Also, Tangy. It wasn't until I spoke to her that I realized she was female.
Bob also looked female to me until I spoke to him. Eurgh. That voice.

I don't know what to think anymore.

Last edited:
Also, the blue and pink name tags have always been around? I didn't notice them in the past games :/

I thought this topic was going to be something else at first... maybe I need to get off of Tumblr.
I can't remember any time I mistook a villager for the wrong gender. I've never had "out there" villagers, though. I always get simple ones. Bob, Biskit, Tabby, Lobo, Anchovy, Scoot, Derwin, Apollo, Whitney, etc.

Back