Anyone Else Gender-Confused?

I thought Pango was a guy... No clue why because she's a peppy which is a female only personality... And I thought Cookie was male for a little while because one of my villagers referred to her as "he" once, which is weird.

Dude Robin and Twiggy were the same for me. Back on the GC I was thoroughly convinced that Nintendo was tricking me into believing Robin was a girl.

No, but apparently Diana is confused with Muffy's gender....................
HNI_0051.JPG

I thought Eunice was a girl before my guy friend told me... That was a little embarrassing on my part.

I don't see how anyone can get confused over genders. Their names are either in pink or blue when you talk to them, not to mention their voice pitches are slightly different. I thought Pate was a dude before I talked to her. Imagine my surprise :eek:

Last edited:
I've never had Lucky, I've always seen him from afar and thought of him as the 'Poor Cute Bandage Dog'.

Then my brother got him in New Leaf, I always assumed he was a girl. :O

I don't see how anyone can get confused over genders. Their names are either in pink or blue when you talk to them, not to mention their voice pitches are slightly different. I thought Pate was a dude before I talked to her. Imagine my surprise :eek:

I only realized that they had colored boxes in NL, and a lot of other people didn't know that beforehand. And the voice types correspond to specific personalities, all of which are specific to certain genders.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I thought Eunice was a girl before my guy friend told me... That was a little embarrassing on my part.

Wait, I thought Eunice is a girl?

I wasn't aware of the colored boxes. It's not that easy to spot, you know.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I meant I thought Eunice was a boy. She is actually a girl.
-embarrassed again-

I actually like these gender-ambiguous characters. They're nice and great for kids who might be more of an Agent S than a Fuchsia, or more of a Julian than a Eugene.

(Also I have Gabi in Dreamsie and I never thought she was particularly masculine, but I've met a few people now who've mistaken her for a boy. XD I must be odd)

I used to think that the cranky villagers were all guys. LOL!
I learned slowly while playing the first animal crossing games that some were girls and some were boys.
Though I tend to mess up peoples genders IRL some times too.

I learned slowly while playing the first animal crossing games that some were girls and some were boys.
Same xD

I thougth Sydney was a ubercute boy at first. When i found out She was ? girl i was really happy because She is so cute whitout being that makeup/feminime kind of girl.

For a long while i thought Twiggy was male also. It didn't help that my villagers kept using him/he pronouns when talking about her!!

I had the same Problem with Kid Cat ( in German: Petra)
Petra is a female Name... Therefore i thought Kid Cat was female.

Gotta be Agent S. I always thought she was a boy. Till now I couldn't accept she is a peppy villager. Her house is too boyish.

Well, all the cranky villagers are male. You can't have a female cranky, just like you can't have a male peppy. Personalities are gender-exclusive in all Animal Crossing games.

Back