Anyone Else Gender-Confused?

LinDUNguin

Bait-Snatching Grandpa
Bells
White Cosmos
Tasty Cake
Dusty Scroll
Yellow Candy
I don't know if it's just me, but I often mistake certain villagers for the wrong gender. For the longest time (Until I became familiar with each personality's dialogue and that the color of his/her name box corresponds with his/her gender) I thought Robin was a guy. It was a HUGE surprise for me when I found out that wasn't the case. I thought the same thing with Twiggy, who I'd seen in other people's towns; She just showed up in my campsite and I figured out she's peppy!

Anyone else experience this with their villagers? Personally or otherwise?

I was surprised to see Stitches was a guy! I thought it'd totally be a girl. Though I'm always pleased to see the more boyish-looking ones actually be girls. They're so cute that way!

I thought twiggy was male.
And JUST now. After years of believing twiggy was male now shes female!

I thought Molly would be male when I first saw that one thumbnail of her before the game was released here. Her back was slightly turned, but she looked like she could be male.

Also Pate.

Idk man I thought tabby was a boy for years. I didn't find out it was a girl until a few weeks ago.
I also thought zell was a girl, whoops.

Last edited:
Zell was the first to move into Mary after the original five of my residents. I thought he was female then, and my brain is still convinced that he's a she despite several of my other residents talking about him as 'he' :)

Ed_NewLeaf_Official.jpg

I was pleasantly surprised by Nintendo when I 1st met him. He's partial to wearing dresses too. =}

Last edited:
Considering they're pixels and lines of code, they're not really either one. ^_~ It's on a whim that they get assigned one or the other based on personality.

Personally, I have a hard time not thinking Ed is secretly Justin Beiber....

Back when I was playing wild world I thought Agent S was a boy for a long time.

There were a couple I was slightly confused about till I realised the bit around their name was colour co-ordinated for male and female...

I was confused about Coco's gender once. I always thought she was a girl (which she is), but one of my villager always said "him" when talking about her and I was totally confused and then thought she was a boy for some time until I realized that the pink box means she is indeed female <<;

Yeah, look at their name box when you talk to them. If it's blue, the villager's a boy and if it's pink it's a girl. Simple :)

I thought Pate was a boy in the GameCube version. The fact that she is a girl made things worse..

When I first had Agent S as one of my original five I thought she was a boy until I realised you could slightly see her face underneath her visor and she looked female

In regards to non-villagers, what gender do you think Saharah is? For me personally I see Saharah as a male

Back