Anyone Else Gender-Confused?

I wasn't aware of the colored boxes. It's not that easy to spot, you know.

It's... not? Maybe I'm just over-observant?

tumblr_mqqfmqvS6Z1sy372yo1_400.jpg
HNI_0029.jpg

Last edited:
I thought Robin was a guy and Fang was a girl right away.

Nintendo can make some weird villagers lots of times.

Last edited:
Gabi's a she. :p

Omg, seriously? I swear I need to hold some villagers upside down to be sure....

Oh and to the last reply about Fang.... He does like his dresses, haha. But he sounds very manly imo.

THE NAME OF THE VILLAGER WHEN THEY SPEAK, IF IT'S PINK, THEY ARE A GIRL, IF IT'S BLUE, THEY ARE A BOY, SIMPLES :D yay!

The people who keep repeating that the gender of a villager is indicated by their box color are missing the point of this thread. It's asking if people who hadn't talked to a villager before thought they would be the gender they aren't, or were confused prior to figuring out the name colors. The OP even specifies that the box indicates the gender, it's just to share experiences.

i think the villagers might be gender confused i had lucky saying that flora he is a great friend that guy is so much fun .... i thought flora was a girl 0.0????

Ever since WW I thought Goldie was a boy! I was so shocked when I realised she was a girl. It still feels odd calling her a girl.

I don't think I've ever been gender-confused in AC. Someone I know is absolutely convinced that Paula is male, though, and won't listen to explanations about how the personality/gender system works in New Leaf (that all Uchis are female), or the simple facts that Paula is a female name, looks feminine (not the cutest neighbor ever, but she doesn't look like a boy character), and the pink speech-box color. It's a little annoying to me because Paula is a neighbor in my town, and I like her, so I have to hear from this person all the time how she's really a boy and so on. :s

First time i thought Marshal is a girl.. same for Fang. On the other side Truffles looks boyish to me. Oh and in germany there are some translatermistakes in some versions, Ruby's german name was in WW "Tommi", later in CF Rubina, Moe was Mia, now Tristan and Kid Cats german name was PETRA.. they took that mistake to CF and just switched it now to Pit. Oh and Lolly's name was Ferdi, now Feline. These few villager mistakes made me think they have another gender for a long time :p

I always thought bangle was a dude. I did forever until it was her birthday and they said "her" I was so surprised lol I rather think its a guy. Doesn't look like a girl at all.

IS BLANCA A GUY OR A GIRL I AM VERY CONFUSED AND IT SCARES ME A BIT
It says it's a guy in Japan, but here I am in NA and it sounds like a jock. O_O

Back