• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Anyone Else Gender-Confused?

LinDUNguin

Bait-Snatching Grandpa
Bells
White Cosmos
Tasty Cake
Dusty Scroll
Yellow Candy
I don't know if it's just me, but I often mistake certain villagers for the wrong gender. For the longest time (Until I became familiar with each personality's dialogue and that the color of his/her name box corresponds with his/her gender) I thought Robin was a guy. It was a HUGE surprise for me when I found out that wasn't the case. I thought the same thing with Twiggy, who I'd seen in other people's towns; She just showed up in my campsite and I figured out she's peppy!

Anyone else experience this with their villagers? Personally or otherwise?

I was surprised to see Stitches was a guy! I thought it'd totally be a girl. Though I'm always pleased to see the more boyish-looking ones actually be girls. They're so cute that way!

I thought twiggy was male.
And JUST now. After years of believing twiggy was male now shes female!

I thought Molly would be male when I first saw that one thumbnail of her before the game was released here. Her back was slightly turned, but she looked like she could be male.

Also Pate.

Idk man I thought tabby was a boy for years. I didn't find out it was a girl until a few weeks ago.
I also thought zell was a girl, whoops.

Last edited:
Zell was the first to move into Mary after the original five of my residents. I thought he was female then, and my brain is still convinced that he's a she despite several of my other residents talking about him as 'he' :)

Ed_NewLeaf_Official.jpg

I was pleasantly surprised by Nintendo when I 1st met him. He's partial to wearing dresses too. =}

Last edited:
Considering they're pixels and lines of code, they're not really either one. ^_~ It's on a whim that they get assigned one or the other based on personality.

Personally, I have a hard time not thinking Ed is secretly Justin Beiber....

Back when I was playing wild world I thought Agent S was a boy for a long time.

There were a couple I was slightly confused about till I realised the bit around their name was colour co-ordinated for male and female...

I was confused about Coco's gender once. I always thought she was a girl (which she is), but one of my villager always said "him" when talking about her and I was totally confused and then thought she was a boy for some time until I realized that the pink box means she is indeed female <<;

Yeah, look at their name box when you talk to them. If it's blue, the villager's a boy and if it's pink it's a girl. Simple :)

I thought Pate was a boy in the GameCube version. The fact that she is a girl made things worse..

When I first had Agent S as one of my original five I thought she was a boy until I realised you could slightly see her face underneath her visor and she looked female

In regards to non-villagers, what gender do you think Saharah is? For me personally I see Saharah as a male

Back