• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Anyone else feel Isabelle is pointless?

Altarium

輝く月がまた雲に隠れた
Bells
Switch
3214-2832-1333
White Lily
Tasty Cake
White Cosmos
New Horizons Token
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
Hey all!

Now hear me out, I by no means hate Isabelle, I think she's adorable and very fitting as the franchise's mascot. However, her role in NH so far has been really underwhelming.

Is it just me, or she's basically pointless? Like the whole island flag and tune things could be perfectly handled by Nook, but what has me most concerned are the daily announcements. In NL she did this too, and she used to tell you about stuff like "looks like Sahara's visiting today" or "looks like someone washed up on the beach". In NH though, she doesn't tell you any of this, and only resorts to talking about campsite visitors, villagers move-ins and move-outs, and I assume holidays, but most of these things don't happen that often. Most days she just says there's nothing to announce and instead talks about her magazines, TV shows or crossword puzzles, which do give her character, but pretty much make the daily announcement pointless.

It does feel like they initially planned to cut her from the game and put Nook at the center, but decided to add Isabelle last minute, thus giving her a minor role, so the fans wouldn't complain (which I think would've happened if they removed her, lol)

As it stands, if she was removed, not much would change, and I think that's a shame.

Do you think they should give her a bigger role? And do you think they will?

She would be more useful to me if she actually made more than one announcement in a single day...

I am a bit disappointed as I think I've only talked to her like 2-3 times total so far. I've never been a HUGE fan of hers, but I dont hate her or anything so I'm not too bothered by it. 🤷‍♀️

I never liked her, and probably never will, so I can't complain over her new role, though she is continuing to be very annoying as I work on the town ratings.

Yeah sadly I agree. There's no reason Tom Nook couldn't deal with the things Isabelle does and her morning messages are kind of pointless when you don't have a villager moving. It's a shame really.

I do think they should give her a bigger role. I do agree that at the moment she seems to be here just for sake of being here.

I agree with you. In fact, I was thinking about how useless she is just last night. It would have been nice if she could actually get unwanted villagers to move. Use some of that charm to persuade them into leaving or something.

something i wish they'd add to her is a weather forecast thing in her daily announcements! i think that would be cute and somewhat useful

i dont think she should be able to just point blank kick a villager out, i think this would ruin the game play in a lot of ways (they even slowed down, or attempted to, amiibo move ins by adding the 3 day crafting mechanic) but i think adding some things to her announcements such as weather forecast and more npc visiting announcements would be cool

I agree with you. In fact, I was thinking about how useless she is just last night. It would have been nice if she could actually get unwanted villagers to move. Use some of that charm to persuade them into leaving or something.

You can make villagers leave yourself through: random campers, amiibos, TT, or normal play.

I loved Isabelle in New Leaf but that's the thing.. She should have stayed in New Leaf. She just sits behind the office desk and doesn't really do much, I've rarely needed her for anything. It would have been cool if we got Digby or a new character as a desk assistant instead.

Story wise, it's odd how all of the NPCs abandoned the town they were at and it's especially sad that Isabelle abandoned the mayor to go live on an island with everybody else. I know AC doesn't care about story stuff, but it's still a little depressing to think about. I liked the direction they were going by replacing Joan, Chip, and Nat with fresh, younger NPCs so I kinda wish they did the same thing with Isabelle.

Again, no hate to Isabelle, I just feel like they could have done something different. Her golden years are over tbh, she's just here for fanservice.

You can make villagers leave yourself through: random campers, amiibos, TT, or normal play.

I've had the campsite up for almost two weeks now, and haven't had a single camper since the first mandatory one. I don't have amiibo nor do I prefer to TT. The first villager who asked to move didn't ask until about 2 weeks into the game. There's nothing wrong with giving players more options.

I've had the campsite up for almost two weeks now, and haven't had a single camper since the first mandatory one. I don't have amiibo nor do I prefer to TT. The first villager who asked to move didn't ask until about 2 weeks into the game. There's nothing wrong with giving players more options.

True, but adding an option to straight up ask Isabelle to remove a villager is more than weird.

I think they need to make her more useful by having her announce visitors like Flick, Gulliver, Wisp, etc. Right now she only seems to make announcements for campers and sometimes Celeste/meteor showers....

It would be much better if I know who was visiting that day. I had one time when Flick was visiting, but I didn't find him until after I'd sold my full inventory of tarantulas at Nook's Cranny.

Thankfully the game hadn't auto-saved yet, so I could reset. But otherwise would have been really frustrated.

I'd say that Isabelle is here to make fans happy, she got scarily popular fast, which explains why she handles announcements- there's no logical in universe reason to switch it, they were just giving her the spotlight. Not that I dislike her, she's wholesome as fricc, but this is just how I feel about her method of inclusion.

From view she isn’t do more or less then she in NL only thing really missing is her announcing visitor like flick but does announce camp site visitors.

Back