Anybody Else Restarting Their Town for The New Year?

Milsean

Last in Mario Kart
Bells
Switch
2448-3155-4610
New Horizons Token
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Just out of curiosity, is anybody else thinking about restarting their town for the New Year?
I've been thinking about this for a while now with my town of Koekoy, just thinking about restarting my town all over again, experiencing everything from the very beginning would be amazing... But that'll be so many hours gone within a flash.

Is anybody else thinking about doing the same?

I might actually restart my 2nd town! I never use it haha so maybe restarting it for the New Year will motivate me to use it :p Although I'm quite picky, so it would take me a while to decide on a town name / theme...

I'm starting my 3rd town this new year, and I also plan to buy my fourth copy when I turn 16, which is in less than a month!

Maybe! I've been thinking about creating a new town after not playing for a while and that would be a neat time to do so. I've already reset on New Year's on 3 different years and maybe it's just me but it has always felt more special doing it then. :p

I will do this on 1 January using a fresh blank cartridge. I'm currently playing the town of 2018 that I started on the morning of 1 Jan '18. I have been playing this game *every*single*day*, EXACTLY as the year has progressed and NEVER TTing, even for a minute. 2018 has 4 "characters", Mayor January began the year with the addition of April, July and October added quarterly. 2018 has NO contact with any other town. Amiibo cards are used to build up Meow coupons for each character. What will happen to this little village next month has not been decided.It's been a fun ride and very satisfying to have accomplished this. Well, it will be accomplished in another 4 days. Please note that I have MANY more cartridges with towns that have no, or very few, restrictions that allow me to experiment and wipe/reset at will. Take my word for it that, if I only had this one town, I'd be bored to tears and would never have (almost) completed the year. Try it. Enjoy it. If you have an extra cartridge,it's worth it.

I'm planning on restarting my town before the new year so I have time to set up my town (plus I want to be able to experience New Years Eve/Day bc i've never experienced it before)

EVERY year I'm tempted. Last year I restarted one of my towns for the 1-year horror challenge and failed TT_TT I'm not going to restart again but next year is the year I finally start working on my second town because it has been neglected for too long.

i put too much time into my main town to feel okay with resetting it (even if it doesnt look so great + i messed up on my mayor?s face back when i first got the game) i recently bought a 2nd cartridge but i?m honestly considering getting a 3rd one lol

I will not, but it's a nice concept to start a new town on New Years. :)

Yeah!! I love the whole idea of restarting it for the New Year, but all that progress and effort would be gone within a flash! I have a 2nd cartridge but since that's a work in progress, I don't think I'd restart either. ;v;

Last edited:
Sounds like a good concept, and I'm never usually opposed to buying a new cartridge :p Maybe I will give it a chance, even though I might take stuff from my time travelling towns :p

I won't restart my town because I've worked so hard on it and it's very close to being finished. But I have been wanting to start a new town for a while now so I may use my Christmas money to pick up a 2nd cartridge. I haven't decided yet.

Nope, not planning on it. But I do wish all the people who are restarting luck. Don't get stuck in a map reset time warp like I tend to do. :)

EVERY year I'm tempted. Last year I restarted one of my towns for the 1-year horror challenge and failed TT_TT I'm not going to restart again but next year is the year I finally start working on my second town because it has been neglected for too long.

What is the 1-year horror challenge?

Also, I love your signature. I recently added Dizzy to my town and he is wonderful. <3

What is the 1-year horror challenge?

Curious about this challenge too! I was about to ask haha.

I have been displeased with my recent playing on my baby file, so I have already decided to restart my town. I had planned to restart it earlier, but starting a town on New Years sounds interesting! However, making time to restart and finding a map all in one day sounds challenging! I'm nervous, but excited!

Back