Anybody Else Restarting Their Town for The New Year?

i will never ever reset violet. i’v had it since 2013. i have another cartridge and a digital copy, though i’ve heard horror stories of digital copies corrupting and precious towns being erased so i’ll likely create a new town on the cartridge and ignore the digital version. i’m excited to choose a map and a whole new set of dreamies!

I am currently in the map search phase of resetting one of my towns. I am extremely picky, so I started the process on New Year's Eve with the hope of being able to choose a map by tomorrow.

I'm actually going to make an African themed town. I'm planning to use villagers I never used before, such as Zell, Lopez, Beau, Bruce, Tank, and Savannah. I'm not sure how the town will look like though. I'll hopefully livestream the town to.

Nah, I already have a newer town.
I might just work on it.

I won't restart my older towns ever, even though I use to with one a lot.

Last edited:
I'm not restarting for New Year because I'm afraid that the town anniversary day would clash with the New Year celebration in unpredictable ways. I'm thinking of restarting on my half-birthday instead!

No, I have reached my maximum capacity of resetting my main town since 2015.

But I am going to try and get all badges, everything donated in the Museum and legitimately gain all gold tools before AC Switch releases.

My town layout is absolute perfection. I'd never restart. I've had Retro for years.

I'd only make a new town if I bought a second copy.

I did this last new years, and it was really refreshing. Sadly the card got ruined, but I found my oldest card with my first New Leaf town, which I could never restart ♡

I decided to restart my town on Christmas. It's been looking pretty good lately.

I might restart my 2nd town but I might be too lazy to even do that ;P Im definitely keeping my first town though since the towns second anniversary is just 3 months away *^w^*

Back