• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Another "What 3DS game should I get?" thread.

Nerd House

Content Creator
Bells
Switch
5177-1958-9486
New Horizons Token
Purple Violet
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Winter Mittens
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
Famous Mushroom
I have a budget of about $30 now, so I'm looking at picking up a new game.

Kind of eyeing the Ace Attourney Trilogy and Harvest Moon 3D: A New Beginning. Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect from both of these? I mean like go into detail of what the game is like, how it plays, what there is to do, etc.

Or, if you have another recommendation for another $30 game, please tell me!

Here's my list of games that I already own:
DIGITAL
Super Smash Bros 4
Final Fantasy Theatrythytm: Curtain Call
Zelda: Majora's Mask
Pokemon Y
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Shovel Knight
Etrian Odyssey Untold
Etrian Odyssey IV
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Bravely Default
Mario and Luigi: Dream Team
Super Mario 3D Land
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Rune Factory 4
Fantasy Life
Nintendogs + Cats: French Bulldog Version
Donkey Kong Country 3D Returns
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Starfox 64 3D
Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL: World Duel Carnival
Pokedex 3D
KAMI
Pokemon Battle Trozei
Pokemon Shuffle
Mario VS Donkey Kong: Minis March Again! (DSi)
Zelda: Oracle of Ages (GBC)
Zelda: Oracle of Season (GBC)
Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (GBC)
The Legend of Zelda (NES)
Metroid II: Return of Samus (GB)
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (GB)
Warioland (GB)
Zelda: Four Sword Anniversary Edition (GBA)
Donkey Kong (GB)
Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters (GB)
3D Classics: Kid Icarus
Gargoyle's Quest (GB)

PHYSICAL
Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Oh, not interested in Mario Kart 7. ^^;;

Last edited:
Posted a thread elsewhere, got lots of replies. Decided to go with Ace Attorney Trilogy.

I was just about to suggest Mario Kart 7....and then I read the last two lines. :D

Hope Ace Attorney Trilogy works out for ya!

Ace attorney you can play on an emulator for free or smartphone for less, It's not a game that you'll want to replay since its more a visual novel than a game. Harvest Moon ANB is great, but I think you should wait for Story of Seasons since it has lots of improvements from what i've seen so far. ANB has a VERY slow start, and some goddamn long tutorials that you can't skip, but after a in game month it starts to become really good... I dont play it for a year so I can't give more details about it, I just remember that it was one of my favorites HM games so far

Last edited:
Ace attorney you can play on an emulator for free or smartphone for less, It's not a game that you'll want to replay since its more a visual novel than a game. Harvest Moon ANB is great, but I think you should wait for Story of Seasons since it has lots of improvements from what i've seen so far. ANB has a VERY slow start, and some goddamn long tutorials that you can't skip, but after a in game month it starts to become really good... I dont play it for a year so I can't give more details about it, I just remember that it was one of my favorites HM games so far

I've never played a Harvest Moon game before, so I have nothing to compare it to. I do have Rune Factory 4 though, which is apparently similar, and I love it.

I'll get Harvest Moon next, since I already bought the Ace Attorney Trilogy. I prefer not to use emulators, except for NES/SNES/GB/GBA/N64 games that are super rare/expensive nowadays.

Everyone says to just use emulators but I can promise you that the Ace Attorney trilogy is worth the $30 you'll be putting into it. You get three full games, and then there's also the fourth and fifth games, and the Investigations game to delve into!

Everyone says to just use emulators but I can promise you that the Ace Attorney trilogy is worth the $30 you'll be putting into it. You get three full games, and then there's also the fourth and fifth games, and the Investigations game to delve into!

The only one I've played is the Miles Edgeworth Investigations (which I loved), so the trilogy seems like a great purchase.

I've never played a Harvest Moon game before, so I have nothing to compare it to. I do have Rune Factory 4 though, which is apparently similar, and I love it.

I'll get Harvest Moon next, since I already bought the Ace Attorney Trilogy. I prefer not to use emulators, except for NES/SNES/GB/GBA/N64 games that are super rare/expensive nowadays.

Oh I see, I told you to play on the emulator because the trilogy is a remake and yes, they made a lot of changes in the dialogues which made most fans angry, also the new graphics are so weird like it looks like they just traced over the pixels, I don't think it's worth the money, but you already bought so...

Story of Seasons will be released in March 31 btw (its the new HM game, but they are not called HM anymore)

Last edited:
Story of Seasons will be released in March 31 btw (its the new HM game, but they are not called HM anymore)

I'll probably get that in a few weeks, after Etrian Mystery Dungeon and Xenoblade Chronicles 3D.

Back