• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

most expensive game you own?

I have a decently expensive collection just by virtue of being a gamer my whole life and being someone who never sells/trades in their games. I’m frequently shocked by the price of a lot of the games I own (especially some of the Gamecube games) but I have no idea which one is worth the most.

Some of the most expensive games I have off the top of my head would be: Conker’s Bad Fur Day for the 64, all the GBA mainline Pokémon games, Heartgold/Soulsilver/Platinum on the DS, Chibi Robo, and Pokémon Colosseum and Gale of Darkness on Gamecube. I also still have the box for Soulsilver in mint condition lol it’s just such a nice box and also a remake of my favorite (and first) Pokémon game so I kept it all these years.

Phantasy Star Online for the gamecube. It can easily go for $500 apparently if Ebay or Amazon are anything to go by.

I just remember that I’ve got the Switch version of Starlink Atlas digitally but bought the game physically at first before trading it in at GameStop to get the dual pack of Pokémon Sword and Shield and kept all the physical parts for the controller. I have almost all of the ships and all of the weapons and pilots that were available to buy with the one I’m missing needing to be returned to the store because it was defective and not working at all And the other I don’t have because it was sold only in the starter pack for PS and Xbox. I don’t have any of the second season ships or parts. Most of them i bought on clearance but I’m sure it is still over $100 worth of parts for playing the game.

If you count toys to life games, then Skylanders would be 1#. I don't know how much I spent on the figures and games themselves, but I know it was a lot, and I still collect them to this day. Amiibo also count, but I stopped collecting them as I don't play smash bros since that game prioritizes on Amiibo.

If you don't count toys to life games, then let's say the Japanese copies of Pokemon Black/White and their sequels. Separately they were at least 90$ or more. Adding them all up brings a total of 360$. Still a lot, but not as much as my favorite toys to life game series that is now dead.
I got my copy of pokemon black much cheaper than that, forgot how much i paid for it but it was alot cheaper at the game store i got it from.

Several of my DS and 3DS games are going for a lot on the second market. I still have copies of Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver with each still having the Pokéwalker accessory, Platinum, BW/BW2, and Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. The Sinnoh games I got used from GameStop years before the value had skyrocketed and the rest I bought brand new and just kept them. Kirby Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot I had preordered and the two Style Botique games that were released physically in the US I bought directly from my local Toys R Us before the bankruptcy. In fact that store is where I got a majority of my Lego Dimensions sets and my physical collector edition of Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero for the PS Vita. I also got the Bowser Jr Amiibo when it was still a store exclusive and the first three pack of the Inklings and Marie and Callie packs.

I think it's Suikoden II for PS1. Still one of my favorit games. The price will fall once the remaster is released tho :)

I have a collector’s edition of Xenoblade 2 (PAL edition), HeartGold and two copies of SoulSilver CIB, and I have Skylanders Imaginators Switch CIB which is expensive because of a short print run

btw i have all the skylander toys except some chase variants, all smash amiibo and a few random other amiibo if you count them. I count them as merch in discussing rarity tho. The distribution was way too different from game carts

I honestly don't know. Never something I looked into. I don't have any of my really old games anymore. Oldest stuff I still have are some Sega Genesis, PS1, and GBA games. So...maybe one of those? Or one of the Limited Run or other small bath physical switch games? No clue.

Off the top of my head from what I remember I have these:
  • Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door complete: ~$90 USD (pretty sure this has already dropped in value since the announcement of the Switch remake/port)
  • Pokémon Black complete: ~$90 USD
  • Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn complete: ~$110 USD
  • Pokémon Platinum complete: ~$115 USD
  • Chrono Trigger DS complete with exclusive poster: ~$120 USD
  • Pokémon Firered loose with manual: ~$120 USD
  • Pokémon Crystal loose with manual: ~$130 USD
  • Pokémon Colosseum complete: ~$140 USD
  • Pokémon Black 2 complete: ~$150 USD
  • Pokémon XD Gale of Darkness complete: ~$170 USD
  • Pokémon Soul Silver complete with Pokewalker: ~$180 USD ($150 for most copies with box and manual but I also have the exterior box with Pokewalker)
  • Pokémon Emerald loose with manual: ~$200 USD
  • Fire Emblem Path of Radiance complete: ~$210 USD
My S/O also has a decent collection of valuable GameCube, N64 and SNES games. The ones listed above are just the ones from my collection personally.

^ Emerald loose is worth that much?!! I have it too. I have Blue CIB but the box has sticker residue on a spot

My Amiibo collection is quite interesting and large. I’ve managed to get all of the BotW Amiibos including the Four Champions and Guardian and got the 8 Bit Link and Young Link with Mask from the Anniversary release. I’ve also got a first print Wii Fit Trainer although she was extremely thin in her leg and snapped there but I will glue her together eventually, the single pack of Mr Game and Watch which I’m planning on turning the Hammer insert into a Paper Mario Amiibo using a printout of Paper Mario and taping it on to the figure, Gold Shovel Knight, first print Bowser Jr, and Banjo Kazooie. I also have Bayonetta, Cloud, and Sephiroth which I plan on displaying them facing each other as if they are about to fight. I also have all of the Kirby Planet Robobot Amiibos and some of the Splatoon Amiibos. I will only buy the Amiibo figures that I like or I really want.

I have a physical copy of Indivisible for the Switch which I bought for $20 and the last copy in the Best Buy where I found it. I think the price was dropped from the original price. I almost traded it in at GameStop until I saw online that very few physical copies of the game exist and I realized that I had a rare game and it could become valuable in the future judging by what is currently happening with DS and 3DS games right now. I also spent a lot of money on Super Smash Bros Ultimate and 3DS. I bought every single DLC for those two games. After that it would be Pokémon Sword and Shield and Scarlet and Violet because I bought all four games and then the DLC for each. The Switch is the console I’ve spent the most money on given I keep buying digital games whereas the 3DS and DS I mostly bought games used and only a few were brand new.

I don't really consider myself a collector because I only buy games I'm interested in playing and I don't keep them sealed. But with that being said, it seems like a lot of the games I enjoy have went WAY up in price online and in person over the past few years.

The most expensive games I own are probably Pokemon Yellow, Gold, and Silver complete in box with the manuals and pamphlets inside. I'm really glad to have them because had I not bought them I probably wouldn't be able to afford to buy and play some of these games anymore.

A little amiibo story: I don't own that many amiibos besides the Animal Crossing ones but I did get the special edition of 3DS Yoshi's Wooly World as a gift when it came out and it came with the Poochy amiibo. A couple of years ago I stopped in a retro gaming store that sold loose amiibos and saw the same one for $200. 🫣

Pretty much a lot of the games from when I was younger have gone up in price by a lot, its crazy how ps2, wii or nintendo ds prices have escalated these last couple years 💀

Back