• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

most expensive game you own?

I'd definitely say I'm a collector of games and game merch! I have a few pricey games:
  • Pokémon HeartGold complete with case, manual, and Pokewalker
  • Pokémon SoulSilver, cartridge only but I bought it just before they really shot up in price so I lucked out a bit
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twighlight Princess for the GameCube, complete with everything
  • Pikmin 1 for the GameCube, complete
  • All 4 GameCube Mario Parties, all complete
  • Silent Hill 2 for PS2, missing the manual unfortunately
  • Silent Hill 3 for PS2, disk only
  • The first 3 Fatal Frame games for the PS2, complete, with Fatal Frame 3 still sealed and an extra disk of FF3
  • Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door for the GameCube, complete and it's black label
  • Super Princess Peach for the DS, complete
  • Metroid Fusion for GBA, two copies
  • Metroid Zero Mission for GBA
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD for WiiU? Not too sure about that one, but I Googled it recently and it seems to be selling for a lot now?
Those are off the top of my head, I might have others but I can't remember atm
Compared to others who are real serious collectors, this is pretty tiny in comparison, but I'm happy with it 😄

I hope to get my grails someday though: Kuon, Haunting Ground, Rule of Rose, and filling out my Silent Hill collection 😌

I don't really consider myself a collector because I only buy games I'm interested in playing and I don't keep them sealed. But with that being said, it seems like a lot of the games I enjoy have went WAY up in price online and in person over the past few years.

The most expensive games I own are probably Pokemon Yellow, Gold, and Silver complete in box with the manuals and pamphlets inside. I'm really glad to have them because had I not bought them I probably wouldn't be able to afford to buy and play some of these games anymore.

A little amiibo story: I don't own that many amiibos besides the Animal Crossing ones but I did get the special edition of 3DS Yoshi's Wooly World as a gift when it came out and it came with the Poochy amiibo. A couple of years ago I stopped in a retro gaming store that sold loose amiibos and saw the same one for $200. 🫣
I wouldn't really consider myself a collector either.

I have no idea, maybe some of my Wii games are rare now idk. The most i've ever spent on a video game is maybe $100 for special edition releases that included bonuses like pins or plushies, maybe some of those collectables are expensive now but i don't think I really have any *games* that are worth a lot more now. I also have a pretty substantial Amiibo collection, I'd like to have all of them someday. I've been trying to get a smash bros Rosalina for idek how many years now

Back