• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Annular Solar Eclipse Coming on October 14th

DaisyFan

Peace out!
Bells
Island
Sanditon
Fortune Cookie
Red Rose
Mint
Nook's Fancy Turnip
Pavé Pink Feather
Ocean Pearl
The Bell Tree World Championship 2021 Patch
Daisy Easter Egg
Pavé Purple Feather
Hello everyone!

I just found out that the annular solar eclipse is coming on October 14th, and it will cross into North and South America. The Ring of Fire eclipse is coming!

If you are planning to see the eclipse, wear protective, solar viewing glasses so you can view it.

If you would like to learn more, here are a couple of articles to check out:

Annular Solar Eclipse 2023

How to See The Ring of Fire Annular Solar Eclipse of October 14

oh, thank you for sharing! i don’t think i’ll be able to see it with my own eyes from where i am in canada, but i’m looking forward to seeing any videos and photos people take of it and post online! 🧡

I want to see if I can wake up in time to view it, I checked the path of where it will take place, and my town seems to fall in it, which is lucky to ^__^ it’s gonna be a weekend though, so I have some explaining to do to my dad.

but I don’t have solar glasses 😭

I want to see if I can wake up in time to view it, I checked the path of where it will take place, and my town seems to fall in it, which is lucky to ^__^ it’s gonna be a weekend though, so I have some explaining to do to my dad.

but I don’t have solar glasses 😭
I hope you can find one, or you can make a DIY box projector, like this one

Nice and clear today, perfect weather for eclipse viewing! I overnighted a set of eclipse glasses which arrived yesterday, and the views I've gotten with them so far are pretty impressive! It's only a few minutes away from its peak where I live. I'm too far off the path to see the "ring of fire" portion of the eclipse, but we still get a good amount of sun coverage by the moon here too!

Last edited:
Its partly cloudy right now where I live. Going to be heading to a viewing party in a few minutes. They're giving out the special glasses in my town. Very excited!

The peak has passed now where I am, and the sun is slowly making its way out from behind the moon. These glasses were definitely a great investment though, it was my first time ever seeing an eclipse like that! Before this I had to use a pinhole projection to see them. It will still be visible for another hour though with less sun coverage by the moon, so I will continue taking in the view while I can! This experience has me looking forward to the total solar eclipse in April of next year even more, less than 6 months to go!

I used a pinhole projection this year, and it was nice and clear so perfect for eclipse viewing! It was only about 80% coverage here, but the way it was tilted made it sort of look like a pokeball. I can’t wait for the total solar eclipse on April 8th, where my city will be on the path of totality!

I used a pinhole projection this year, and it was nice and clear so perfect for eclipse viewing! It was only about 80% coverage here, but the way it was tilted made it sort of look like a pokeball. I can’t wait for the total solar eclipse on April 8th, where my city will be on the path of totality!
Very lucky that you live along the path of totality for next year! I have to travel quite a ways to get to the path. Luckily I have family in a few areas along the path that I can stay with, because hotels were already sold out over a year and a half in advance. I already have my trip booked though and am slowly counting down the days to both the trip and the eclipse!

Edit: Well, the eclipse is officially over where I am, but I was able to watch the last seconds of the eclipse as the last bit of sun moved out from behind the moon. Even though I wasn't in the path of the ring of fire, I am still very glad I was able to experience this, especially with the eclipse glasses.

Last edited:
Back