• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Animal Crossing's 20th Anniversary

Which prize set do you want our one very lucky winner to receive?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

Staff
Administrator
Site Owner
Bells
Island
Númenor
Golden Watering Can
Red Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Rose
Purple Violet
White Lily
animal crossing 20th.png

Twenty years ago on this day, Dōbutsu no Mori released in Japan for the Nintendo 64, starting the Animal Crossing series! The game was re-released on the GameCube later in the year, eventually coming to North America in 2002, which is when it was first given the name Animal Crossing. The Bell Tree was opened just a couple of years later in 2004 and we've seen four more game releases since then. We're celebrating the game's twentieth anniversary with a special forum collectible and bell giveaway!

In this giveaway, most of you will earn bells, but you'll have the chance to win a random collectible from one of five sets based on each of the main Animal Crossing games. In addition, one very lucky winner will win an entire set of collectibles and can decide the order of them for their lineup. You, the community, can decide which set this one lucky person will win by voting in the poll attached to this thread. Of course, we won't know who wins what until after it's decided.

Listed below are the possible prizes you can win. However, the chances of winning are not evenly distributed for each prize because the majority of you will earn one of the bell prizes. The prizes for this giveaway that each of you will receive are random, so hope for the best, expect the worst, and start praying to the RNG gods. You'll see that the list includes some of the site's rarest collectibles, but these won't actually be given out individually. Any that say "set only" will only be included with the full set prize that will be given to the one lucky person. Just for fun, the TBT bell set will also be one of the options you can vote for, so we added a big bag of bells to make it slightly more viable.

Animal Crossing
Blue Balloon
Light Blue Balloon
Green Balloon
Orange Balloon
Red Balloon
Pinwheel (set only)

Wild World
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Pink Hybrid Tulip
Pink Hybrid Lily
Pink Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
White Feather (set only)

City Folk
Green Feather
Blue Feather
Red Feather
Purple Feather
Pink Feather
Black Feather (set only)

New Leaf

の (set only)

New Horizons
Yellow Star Fragment
Red Star Fragment
Blue Star Fragment
Purple Star Fragment
Pink Star Fragment
White Star Fragment (set only)

TBT Bells (Starting Prizes)
50 TBT Bells
75 TBT Bells
100 TBT Bells
125 TBT Bells
150 TBT Bells
5000 TBT Bells (set only)

To enter this giveaway, simply post in this thread. Feel free to discuss your favorite memories of the Animal Crossing series or just talk about which prize you'd like to win. Every user who posts in the thread will be counted, but making more than one post won't influence your chances. Everyone will win at least something, starting at the 50 bell prize. The giveaway will close this Sunday, April 18th at 7:00 PM EDT and the prizes will be announced shortly after. Good luck!

April 18th Update: The prizes have been distributed and the winner of the star fragment set, as voted for by the community, has been randomly selected! Jump to the announce post by clicking here.

Last edited:
I'm the first to post and new leaf is so much fun. Thank you for this lovely giveaway, here's hoping for another 20 years.

I would really love to win the City Folk set! I guess one of my favorite Animal Crossing memories is when I used to play New Leaf for hours on end with a friend, in which we would go to the island and catch rare bugs and fish, sell them, and try to finish all the donations for one of our public works projects in a day! I can tell you, over the years we each got quite a few of them done in each of our towns! I also really enjoy going back and listening to New Leaf's music too!

entire set of collectibles and can decide the order of them for their lineup

Whaaaaaat this sounds amazing 🙌 I don't even know what to vote for I think any of these sets would make for an amazing prize!

Thanks for this generous giveaway Jeremy and happy anniversary AC 🥳

can i just say that i love the fact that everyone will receive a prize of some sort? like, you could’ve easily set a number of winners but you didn’t and that’s genuinely so awesome of you. even if all i walk away from this with is 50 tbt, that’s still 50 more than i had before and i’m super grateful for this! this community is genuinely so, so generous and while i’ve made plenty of mistakes in my life, becoming a member here certainly wasn’t one of them. good luck, everyone!! 💖

Thanks for the giveaway! Happy Anniversary AC!

Looking forward to the winners! I voted for the houses as I though they'd be hardest to get elsewhere, but would be happy with any collectible I don't already have!

Last edited:
As tempting as that pinwheel is, the balloons are not my favorite. Would be happy with the city folk or new horizon set winning.

Ahh this is such a nice giveaway; the Wild World and New Horizons sets sound absolutely lovely!! I love both the flowers and the star fragments. ;v; I'm still fairly new to Animal Crossing; I only started my town in New Leaf a little more than a year ago, but it's quickly charmed me and I'm really looking forward to starting an island in New Horizons once my town is more complete!
Happy 20th, AC!!

Happy anniversary! 🥂 It feels like only yesterday I was learning how to read thanks to those little silly animals.

Thanks for the giveaway! Pretty good lineup of collectibles, wouldn't mind winning certain ones, but just a couple of bells is also great.
Can only hope to win the City Folk set for the Black Feather. That is, if the set wins the polls. 😅

Thank you for the giveaway, Jeremy and staff! As someone who's only been introduced to the franchise through New Horizons, the fact that it's celebrating its 20th anniversary really puts things into perspective for me.

Good luck, everyone!

voted for the balloons for purely selfish pinwheel wanting reasons haha, but all of these sets are so nice! as ever mods + staff you spoil us completely, this is super generous <33
it's so weird for me to think back now to when I first started playing animal crossing maybe,, 10 years ago? which is over half my lifetime jesus. used to play for hours on end with my friend after school and now here i am playing to procrastinate revision. so many memories attached to one franchise

1618418607090.png
1618418618209.png
1618418642068.png
1618418651009.png
1618418661460.png
1618418685880.png

1618418714236.png
1618418722790.png
1618418741314.png
1618418751472.png
1618418759652.png
1618418766774.png

for me it was between these two, but i voted for the NH star fragments just because i think they're prettier and more appealing/varied overall.

also, at the risk of sounding like an ass, might i suggest including visuals of the line-ups?

Happy 20th birthday! When I first started with Wild World, I never would have imagined AC would grow this huge. (then again I was a little kid and I probably didn’t even know a lot else lol). Thanks for the giveaway! 🎉🥂

I voted for the New Horizons star fragments because they look so pretty. Those balloons are nice, too!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back