Animal crossing has helped me come out as trans

I'm really happy this game has helped you figure out who you are, and I am very proud of you for having the courage to embrace it. No matter what people do or say, you should never be ashamed or embarrassed to be who you are. One day, whether in this life or the next, those who threw stones will find the self-reflection to face their actions and understand how they wasted their lives away by hurting others. You will likely never get to see or hear it from them, but just know that it is you who is strong and it is they who are weak.

I hope you continue discovering more about yourself and continue to ignite and flame your inner strength on your path to happiness! You have many friends, supporters and cheerleaders here! ❤

Last edited:
This is so pretty,,, warms my heart. And it's not embarrassing, I found out I was trans watching yugioh dkfkf Animal crossing is so good for trans people!! I love that I can wear anything no matter what style I choose. I'm so happy for you!!

I think the best thing about NH compared to the previous titles is the ability to truly be who you want to be. You don't need to spend hours tanning anymore to get the correct skin tone and I believe for the first time, any gender can wear dresses and any clothing variation, or you can change your gender whenever you like!

I'm so happy for you that AC has been able to help you express who you are :) Several of my male friends play as female characters as well or wear "female clothing" in game. I am female myself and I pretty much only wear "male clothing" and cosplay as male characters. Animal Crossing is really more than just an escape :)

Okay so this is embarrassing but I feel it's time.
If this is oftopic or ****post just delete it

Okay so people have been unkind about me and stuff...
I've knew since I was about umm 12? Younger then most.

I have always wanted to try on female clothes try being female, all my friends are female, well turns out most of them have become trans or gay, so I got that going for me,

I have never talked about this with anyone, well I have once but they told every one at that school so I um left because I got bullied.

I have been wearing and dressing up my acnh character in dresses ext and it has made me feel better about, um everything.
I have brought makeup irl and have enjoyed waiting it, I am still in a male body and I guess that's okay, I play to grow my irl hair and de it pink, I am worried about what people will say but I guess that a different matter...

Um I would apriciate if you have nothing nice to say please don't say it. This I sent my first time telling anyone since everyone at my school bullied me, but that was a long time ago and I made over it.

I am not gay I am lesbian! This sounds kinda dumb if you consider I'm legally a male but that was my motto for a long time...

Um idk what else to say I hope this helps people idk.
Umm I'm gonna go now so bye...

Edit: Responces so far are warming my lil heart
Edit for the edit: ahh my smile I sent so big it hurts I'm so happy should of said this weeks ago!
❤️

congratulations! this is a special game for so many people in so many different ways, and it makes me so happy to see it affect someone so positively in this way as well 🥺 💗 everyone's proud of you and supports you!

i really think AC did a really amazing job with NH in making the cosmetic options more fluid and less binary

I am so happy for you and glad that you are able to express your true self.

Bullies are horrid, and if anyone gives you grief over your choices, like others have said, they're going to be facing a whole slew of us who have got your back!

I’m glad this game has helped you and I’m sure this fantastic community will continue to support and be there for you! It’s very brave what you’re doing.

I’m not trans or anything, but I spent a large portion of my teenage years being miserable because I was trying to be what societies and my families idea of a women was; fashion, make-up, skinny, boyfriends, babies.

I finally said enough one day. I don’t care what anybody else thinks now. I’ll wear the clothes I want to wear and do the things I want to do. I’ll be true to me. If other people have problems with that, then they can leave. I might not be a girly girl - but that’s fine. I’m me.

People will always going to come and go in your life. It’s only you that’s got to live with you constantly. So do what you want to do and sod the rest of the world.

I'm so happy for you!! Reading this really warmed my heart.

As a nonbinary person, Animal Crossing has also been extremely important to me. In WW, far before I had begun to articulate any of it, I named my character Lee. Her defining fashion trait was her wide collection of glasses, and when I got Shampoodle's, I unlocked the boys' haircuts as quickly as I could. Only a few people know this, but I'm technically named after my first Animal Crossing character (don't laugh please)... because years and years later the name I picked for myself was Lee. At first I didn't think it would stick, but it's gender neutral, simple, and I associate it with home and companionship, because of all my warm memories of playing WW...

NH is important to me too, because it's one of the only games I've played that has never called me with gendered pronouns. All hair and face options available from the beginning and able to mix and match... Any fashion item you want, with no comments on gender... I feel like this is a game where I can truly be me! Animal Crossing has always been a comforting place for me to retreat from the world, gender included. And in NH that's more true than it's ever been before.

Thank you for sharing. I know how terrifying it can be. I think you'll find lots of support in this lovely community, and maybe more people who can relate than you might think ^_^

Don’t feel embarrassed, it’s not a bad or shameful thing to be trans, and it’s great that Animal Crossing helped you discover it. I’m sorry you were bullied. I’m happy that you’re able to embrace yourself now, that’s how it should be. I promise, you’re amazing, I’m proud of you, and I promise so many other people on here support you too. Don’t let hatred get you down, people who hate on those who are different for whatever reason don’t deserve to be acknowledged, frankly.

(Virtual hugs)

I'm so glad and proud of you! NH has been really validating for me recently figuring out that I'm nonbinary and playing with presentation in all kinds of ways, so I get it. c: It's a great space for that.

As with so many others, anyone who wants to give you grief here will have to answer to me, and they won't like it. Live your best life, because you're the only one you have to live with forever. <3

I was cheering for you from the title alone. And hearing your story -oof- I’m so sorry love. There are close minded people out there who will attempt to bring you down, but waaay more who will appreciate and support you unconditionally. This community is amazing and we are so honored to be right by your side. Talking about this must be so hard, thank you for trusting us.

I love how animal crossing has helped expand who you truly are. And makeup is my faaav thing to do. Makes me feel like a baddie no matter what.

I love this, animal crossing helps so many people for so many different reasons, it’s so nice to see peoples stories!
Always be who you want to be 💚
Thank you! Be the best you as Well!
Post automatically merged:

Amazing post! So happy for you and I hope you can continue to grow in confidence about who you are and live your best life!!! I was just screenshotting my trans queen Julia this morning in-game when she was traipsing around in the rain with her rainbow umbrella, wearing a tiara and a white towel wrap with no f**ks to give.
Sounds perfect! May try that outfit!

Hell yeah!! Go you, woohoo!! \o/
I'm probably gonna sound repetitive but isn't such a thing as too much support so I'm posting here too anyway ;p
Very glad AC is helping you in your self-discovery, keep going, you rock!! :D
Thank you! You rock as Well!

Hell yeah!! Go you, woohoo!! \o/
I'm probably gonna sound repetitive but isn't such a thing as too much support so I'm posting here too anyway ;p
Very glad AC is helping you in your self-discovery, keep going, you rock!! :D
Thank you! You rock as Well!
i’m so proud of you - you deserve to be who you are shamelessly and screw what anybody else thinks. you are you and that’s a good person to be c:
Thank you, this makes me feel so great about myself!

I'm really happy this game has helped you figure out who you are, and I am very proud of you for having the courage to embrace it. No matter what people do or say, you should never be ashamed or embarrassed to be who you are. One day, whether in this life or the next, those who threw stones will find the self-reflection to face their actions and understand how they wasted their lives away by hurting others. You will likely never get to see or hear it from them, but just know that it is you who is strong and it is they who are weak.

I hope you continue discovering more about yourself and continue to ignite and flame your inner strength on your path to happiness! You have many friends, supporters and cheerleaders here! ❤
Woah that's actually amazing! I never thought about what they would feel. Yeah I bet they would feel like they have wasted their life! Thanks this makes things a lot better for me!

I think the best thing about NH compared to the previous titles is the ability to truly be who you want to be. You don't need to spend hours tanning anymore to get the correct skin tone and I believe for the first time, any gender can wear dresses and any clothing variation, or you can change your gender whenever you like!

I'm so happy for you that AC has been able to help you express who you are :) Several of my male friends play as female characters as well or wear "female clothing" in game. I am female myself and I pretty much only wear "male clothing" and cosplay as male characters. Animal Crossing is really more than just an escape :)
I carmt agree more, it was worth the wait Nintendo made a gem

super happy for you lovely! im also trans (im ftm tho)
Thank you! And I which for the best in your journey as Well! My supporters are yours as Well!

I am so happy for you and glad that you are able to express your true self.

Bullies are horrid, and if anyone gives you grief over your choices, like others have said, they're going to be facing a whole slew of us who have got your back!
That's true I had 49 notifications today!

I’m glad this game has helped you and I’m sure this fantastic community will continue to support and be there for you! It’s very brave what you’re doing.

I’m not trans or anything, but I spent a large portion of my teenage years being miserable because I was trying to be what societies and my families idea of a women was; fashion, make-up, skinny, boyfriends, babies.

I finally said enough one day. I don’t care what anybody else thinks now. I’ll wear the clothes I want to wear and do the things I want to do. I’ll be true to me. If other people have problems with that, then they can leave. I might not be a girly girl - but that’s fine. I’m me.

People will always going to come and go in your life. It’s only you that’s got to live with you constantly. So do what you want to do and sod the rest of the world.
Ahh I love this thank you for sharing! Be the best you as Well! Your a star in the making!

I'm so happy for you!! Reading this really warmed my heart.

As a nonbinary person, Animal Crossing has also been extremely important to me. In WW, far before I had begun to articulate any of it, I named my character Lee. Her defining fashion trait was her wide collection of glasses, and when I got Shampoodle's, I unlocked the boys' haircuts as quickly as I could. Only a few people know this, but I'm technically named after my first Animal Crossing character (don't laugh please)... because years and years later the name I picked for myself was Lee. At first I didn't think it would stick, but it's gender neutral, simple, and I associate it with home and companionship, because of all my warm memories of playing WW...

NH is important to me too, because it's one of the only games I've played that has never called me with gendered pronouns. All hair and face options available from the beginning and able to mix and match... Any fashion item you want, with no comments on gender... I feel like this is a game where I can truly be me! Animal Crossing has always been a comforting place for me to retreat from the world, gender included. And in NH that's more true than it's ever been before.

Thank you for sharing. I know how terrifying it can be. I think you'll find lots of support in this lovely community, and maybe more people who can relate than you might think ^_^
Ahh thank you for sharing as well and there is nothing wrong with being named after a fictional character, they are as real as you want them to be, my friends have named me after a fictional character and that's me now, I made her character into my own. What I'm trying to say is. It's all persecution. You could call your self god if that made you feel stronger (kinda bad example lol)

Don’t feel embarrassed, it’s not a bad or shameful thing to be trans, and it’s great that Animal Crossing helped you discover it. I’m sorry you were bullied. I’m happy that you’re able to embrace yourself now, that’s how it should be. I promise, you’re amazing, I’m proud of you, and I promise so many other people on here support you too. Don’t let hatred get you down, people who hate on those who are different for whatever reason don’t deserve to be acknowledged, frankly.

(Virtual hugs)
Aww thanks virtual hugs back!

I was cheering for you from the title alone. And hearing your story -oof- I’m so sorry love. There are close minded people out there who will attempt to bring you down, but waaay more who will appreciate and support you unconditionally. This community is amazing and we are so honored to be right by your side. Talking about this must be so hard, thank you for trusting us.

I love how animal crossing has helped expand who you truly are. And makeup is my faaav thing to do. Makes me feel like a baddie no matter what.
Ehehe I know what you feel makeup makes me feel soooo strong!

Last edited:
P.S. instead of quoting everybody one by one and having your messages get merged (which doesn't give people a notification saying you quoted them), you can answer everyone at once by using the "+ Quote" button at the end of posts and then the "Insert quotes" that will have appeared next to "Attach files" ;D

Thank you for sharing your truth with all of us! I'm so glad you managed to find out who you are. You will always have supporters here, so if you ever feel helpless or hopeless, you can count on all of us. There are people who will try to be harmful and bring negativity your way, but you have the edge over them. You're brave, you're beautiful, and you're true, so don't ever doubt yourself.

Sending hugs your way. I wish you lots of happiness on your journey.
You are loved, you are love <3

Back