• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Animal Crossing 3DS in development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AC3DS was discussed at Nintendo Direct

Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion and everything that was discussed at the 3DS conference wasn't discussed at the Nintendo Direct

thats probably why AC3DS didn't show up at E3 (except SMB 2 was shown at both but Mario < AC)

-----------

it's set for a fall release in Japan ofc it's in development

Last edited:

Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion and everything that was discussed at the 3DS conference wasn't discussed at the Nintendo Direct

thats probably why AC3DS didn't show up at E3 (except SMB 2 was shown at both but Mario < AC)

Pretty much what Bidoof said. They didn't discuss P.M.S.S or L.M2 at Nintendo direct, which were supposedly the 2/3 major games this year (discounting SMB 2, we all know that would come out). So I wouldn't worry too much about it yet.

-----------

it's set for a fall release in Japan ofc it's in development

it wasn't even really "discussed".. more like "mentioned" == but we know too much about the game already so it makes sense that the mario games get the spotlight.

they didn't just go "btw were still making animal crossing" they gave a title and launch window for Japan, along with a few screen caps. I think that's enough to say that they discussed animal crossing. Talked about animal crossing if you want. this is irrelevant :p

they didn't just go "btw were still making animal crossing" they gave a title and launch window for Japan, along with a few screen caps. I think that's enough to say that they discussed animal crossing. Talked about animal crossing if you want. this is irrelevant :p

they don't really need to come out and say "we're working on AC"

It's kinda obvious they are, It's release is a few months away they're not gonna stop production

they don't really need to come out and say "we're working on AC"

It's kinda obvious they are, It's release is a few months away they're not gonna stop production

missed the point, I was referring to the nintendo direct in april. I meant it as example of what they would have said if they only mentioned animal crossing during the broadcast. doesn't matter haha

missed the point, I was referring to the nintendo direct in april. I meant it as example of what they would have said if they only mentioned animal crossing during the broadcast. doesn't matter haha

I knew what you were saying bb haha :)

I was just adding that for then and now

That doesn't cut it, Reggie. New Super Mario Bros. 2 was just announced and it already has an August release date. Yet Animal Crossing which was shown two years ago still couldn't even get a remote hint at E3 2012.

That's an load of nonsense.

That doesn't cut it, Reggie. New Super Mario Bros. 2 was just announced and it already has an August release date. Yet Animal Crossing which was shown two years ago still couldn't even get a remote hint at E3 2012.

That's an load of nonsense.

it's "mario". end of story

it's "mario". end of story

And the 3DS has had PLENTY of Mario already.

They really could have saved this one for later. In fact I'm not even sure Nintendo plans to make the 3DS a long-lasting handheld anymore. They're releasing these titles way too fast. they won't have anything to release later on.

And the 3DS has had PLENTY of Mario already.

They really could have saved this one for later. In fact I'm not even sure Nintendo plans to make the 3DS a long-lasting handheld anymore. They're releasing these titles way too fast. they won't have anything to release later on.

If you were Nintendo you'd release games first that would get you more money;

again
Mario < Animal Crossing

also dont forget Mario is pretty much Nintendo's mascot

They actually admitted to it its what every big company does. Release something you know will sell and use its profit to fund other riskier projects, it happens a lot in both the film and vide game industrys :)

again
Mario < Animal Crossing

If I were Nintendo I would have a heart and not mess around with the fans.

For example, Animal Crossing wouldn't have been shown at E3 2010.

again
Mario < Animal Crossing

Since I am doing inequalities in Algebra, I'm going to correct your formula here:

Mario > Animal Crossing - Mario is making more money than Animal Crossing, thus is greater than, not less than...sorry for coming out of my cocoon.

I asked Miyatamoto and he said the game was still in development and that it might have a Q1 2013 release date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back