• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

New Animal Crossing Switch Lites announced

Hey hey
Nintendo just announced 2 new switch lites themed Animal Crossing

It's a little late I feel like but I think they are cute and I'm definitely tempted! Will anyone of you buy one of these?
Do you think we could get another update and thats why we get these now? 🤡
I like the Isabelle version but I’m not sure if I would buy it. I sort of want a new Switch since I currently have an original model and sometimes it doesn’t recognize that a joy con is connected to it in handheld mode and I do want another for a spare and to be able to trade Pokémon with myself.

Aww, they're cute. I have no reason to buy one, and I'm not really tempted by a lite, but they're very cute all the same. They're probably good for Christmas sales. 💖

Off topic, but since someone mentioned it above, I agree the PlayStation Portal is... not pretty. 👀😶

They’re cute!! I’d buy one but they’re probably gonna be crazy expensive, just like the themed Switches 😭

As for updates for NH, I feel like there won’t be anymore. I think they’ll start developing an AC spinoff (if they aren’t already). Plus, some of AC’s developers are also a part of the Splatoon team, and since Splat 3 is out, they can focus their energy on AC.
Post automatically merged:

Seeing these new ones, my brain at first was just like "Didn't these exist already?". They're seemingly using preexisting colors that Switch Lites have already been using for a while, and they've used the leaf pattern before on other products like carrying cases, so that explains it. Cool for anyone who wants to grab one though.
Adding to this, switch lite wraps exist, and they are kinda cheap. I had one on my yellow switch lite and loved it.

These are so cute why didn't they bring this out around the time the game was released?

I also agree with you it is a little late to show these. Why spend the time making these when they could of been doing more updates to the game all this time.

oh, those are actually pretty cute! i won’t be buying either of them since the switch lite i have now works just fine, and i don’t want two consoles (at least not right now), but i like the pink one! it’s not unusual for merch to come out years after a release, so i’m not very hopeful that this is anything more than nintendo trying to make money or a holiday release like @/Sharksheep said, but it is something nice to think about.. especially if there does end up being a nintendo direct sometime this month or next 💭

i can see why nintendo is releasing these but it does feel kinda silly honestly. they could have at least changed the colour of the, but this just feels like "oh what are we gonna do with all these extra switch lite? i know, slap a decal on them and sell them as a bundle with acnh" i guess they need something for the holiday season this year. it does feel kinda goofy they're doing this without even adding anything to the base game (like even a small item update but i know they're done adding anything to the game)

I'd be probably a bit more interested if they were oleds, but I kinda get why they aren't. as nintendo seems to reserve the special oled models for their new flagship titles, vs one that's several years old with a lack of modern support

still cute though

I got my regular gray Nintendo Switch Lite and a 2nd copy of Animal Crossing New Horizions since 2021.

The Animal Crossing-themed Nintendo Switch Lites are so cute, I can hardly wait 'til they're released! I plan on getting the turquoise-colored one someday, as I actually don't own a Nintendo Switch Lite currently.

They are really cute but don’t think I will get either. I already have two turquoise-colored switch lites. If they were to release a purple one I might consider getting one.

They're cute, but nothing about them really stands out to me.

Sadly, I don't think their release has anything to do with AC in particular outside of trying to grab a few extra bucks for the holiday season.

They're cute! If I had any desire to buy a Switch Lite I'd definitely be all over it, but the Switch I bought back in 2017 is still serving me well.

Do I think it's a sign that we're getting a Welcome amiibo-style update? Not really. As I've said before, the game has amiibo support natively and there's no separate spinoff game released a couple of years afterwards with lots of new furniture to add in (and technically we've already got that, given 2.0 added a ton of new furniture to go along with the Happy Home Paradise DLC).

I'm certain that the next AC-related thing coming out is the next game in the series, and that's coming out sometime in the next few years

It's more of a "it's very likely that this is the last holiday season with the Switch before its successor comes out, let's make some bundles with some titles sure to sell very well like Mario Kart (although this gets a bundle every Christmas, tbf), NH and Nintendo Switch Sports so that we can hit our sales target for this year" type thing

I sort of want to get the Isabelle edition to have a spare but am hesitant because my Switch is still in good working condition and most of my games are digital and I don’t want to buy some of the multiplayer games again or create a new email just to buy the games again. I also like the option to play on my tv. Granted I haven’t don’t it for a long time in my current apartment but once my new place is ready to move into, I’ll have better viewing access to the tv to read the smaller text in some games and more room to use motion controls.

Last edited:
I see that NintendoWire is reporting the console will be $199.99. They will arriving in North American Oct 6th.
I guess the ACNH game download really is free.
Interesting. Well it will surely sell this holiday. Even if someone already has the game for simply a backup or an additional island.

I see that NintendoWire is reporting the console will be $199.99. They will arriving in North American Oct 6th.
I guess the ACNH game download really is free.
Interesting. Well it will surely sell this holiday. Even if someone already has the game for simply a backup or an additional island.
If the Switch Lites come with a digital download code for the game then maybe I’ll get one. I wanted to have a second Switch to be able to have a second Island but knew it would not be very cost effective for me. Although the Mario Kart Bundle is enticing to me as well because I don’t have that game.

If the Switch Lites come with a digital download code for the game then maybe I’ll get one. I wanted to have a second Switch to be able to have a second Island but knew it would not be very cost effective for me. Although the Mario Kart Bundle is enticing to me as well because I don’t have that game.
It appears it does, but I wasn't sure if they would add $60 to the standard switch lite price of 199 or not. Unless NintendoWire reported wrong, it looks like ACNH is actually a free download for that litr console.

It appears it does, but I wasn't sure if they would add $60 to the standard switch lite price of 199 or not. Unless NintendoWire reported wrong, it looks like ACNH is actually a free download for that litr console.
Which is why I said that this made getting it even more enticing for me.

Wait, if the game is free on the special edition Lite…

Nintendo, can we get an OLED version? Pleeeeeeease?

Hey hey
Nintendo just announced 2 new switch lites themed Animal Crossing

It's a little late I feel like but I think they are cute and I'm definitely tempted! Will anyone of you buy one of these?
Do you think we could get another update and thats why we get these now? 🤡
I have to say I like the switch lites better than the regular ones. And you are right, its a little late. I think I'm going to buy one.

I sort of want to get the Isabelle edition to have a spare but am hesitant because my Switch is still in good working condition and most of my games are digital and I don’t want to buy some of the multiplayer games again or create a new email just to buy the games again. I also like the option to play on my tv. Granted I haven’t don’t it for a long time in my current apartment but once my new place is ready to move into, I’ll have better viewing access to the tv to read the smaller text in some games and more room to use motion controls.
If you use the same nintendo account you can just re-download the digital games but you would have to be online to play them because the switch wants to make sure you don't play the same game on both switches.

Back