Am I the only one?

SpellCheckJoe

Bells
It's been a good three months since the game was released and during those 3 months I believe we've all enjoyed the experience and find it refreshing as to what the game has to offer.

However, just recently (as in the month of September), I've been feeling like I'm getting bored with it. Every time I play the game its the same routine: dig up fossils, arrange flowers around town, talk to villagers, Re-Tail, etc. Trust me, I've tried many times to break this routine but nothing seems to be of any benefit when it comes to what to do around your already completed town. Of course you can turn your house/town into a huge themed house/town, or complete your bug/fish encyclopedia, but that requires truckload of bells and TT to get all of the seasonal animals.

Bells in themselves are fairly easy to get--but when it comes to what is asked for in regards to prices (Nook's prices, furniture, dream villagers, etc.), you can only get so many bells by catching rare beetles on the island or by fishing for sharks or digging up ores. Sure, you do all you can to get as many bells as possible, but am I the only one that ever questions 'Is this the end of the line? Am I done with the game? Where are all the damn beetles?'

I understand there is the wealthy town ordinance that makes things somewhat easier, but I rather have a beautiful town ordinance because of my surplus of flowers.

So the overall question here, am I the only one that thinks I've gotten to the point of boredom with the game?
I tried putting the game away for about a week so that way I can end up playing it again with a fresh perspective, but it really didn't change the way I feel (I also made 3 more files to try and play as characters that aren't the mayor, but that proved to be very, very futile).

Maybe I should just restart the game and quit crying. -_-
I'd just like to hear some opinions about where they stand when it comes to the interest in the game as of now.

Last edited:
If you're getting bored, take a break and play again in a few days or something.
That's all I can say.

Of course you're not the only one ... Everyone gets bored of their games eventually. I usually find taking a break and them coming back to it means you rediscover your love for a game :)

i find that visiting new towns and just hanging out with people helps

I sometimes get bored of it. Actually, the game bores me so much that I time travel because not enough things happen in one day. I usually just stop playing it for a few days, then I'll be wanting to play it again.

Your not the only one. Especially now, when there's no events, so it's just the same old routine, like real life. But if you really don't want to abandon the game, I recommend resetting. A fresh start!

Oh, and try going at a slower pace. That helps.

Last edited:
I got the game in late July, but I did get bored with it after a while. I restarted in the beginning of August and don't want to reset again, so when I get bored I play island tours for a few days (the minigames make the game feel new or different idk) and then go back to my town after that!

I know EXACTLY what you mean, i got it day after launch. and since school has started up i dont really have time to talk to my AC friends or keep my town up, so next i play i'll probably feel pretty refreshed. but no, you're not the only one. sometimes I DO have time to play but i just dont...

I took a month long break from the game to play Mario & Luigi Dream Team. I was just as bored with the routine, but now that I'm playing it again, I'm having more fun bc there's a lot of stuff to do to get my town "back on track." I TT, too & I'm in December now, so there's a lot of collecting to do.

My ACNL routing has suddenly turned really boring after school started. Nowadays I only play around 15 minutes in the afternoon. Mainly looking for Gracie and checking my shops, and anything else that may pop up. It has been like this for at least one month. I also open at night to play with someone but we just talk and we don't really play.

So you aren't the only one ^^;. I have noticed some good things, like my grass regenerating. I want to take a full break but it would feel weird considering I have been playing it everyday since it was released.

yep. it's just you. nobody else.

really though, the trick is to only play for a couple minutes a day for awhile - it's like taking a break, but you can still keep abreast of things! on busy days I tend to boot up the game, check for Gracie and anything interesting, and go about my day.

I haven't had New Leaf as long as almost everyone else so I might not count but I've played every other AC game and each one I stopped playing for about a week. However with New Leaf I've played it every day since I got it and I have yet to be bored with it. In fact whenever I pick up my DS to play it I get exited that I'm playing again, which is kinda weird for a game about collecting things :I

I'm like that and often don't touch it a few days at a time. It doesn't help that I don't have a lot of time on my hands either. However just be careful because I left my game alone for like two days and one of my favorite villagers left me ;_;

i purposely play at a slow rate (i haven't even gotten to gracie's fashion check stage yet lol), so that keeps me interested.

also if you play with a social aspect to the game (visiting friends, dream towns, etc) i find that makes it a lot more bearable!

From the variety of the posts, all of you guys do have good reasoning.
Guess I should put AC:NL away for a few days and work on Mario and Luigi Dream Team--or Pokemon FireRed. :p

Following Midorikawa's post, does putting the game away for a while have any other downfalls other than losing some villagers?

Your not the only one. Especially now, when there's no events, so it's just the same old routine, like real life. But if you really don't want to abandon the game, I recommend resetting. A fresh start!

Oh, and try going at a slower pace. That helps.

I think the North American and European games came out at a terrible time. For all of June, July, and August, save for the Bug-Off and the fireworks days in August, there really isn't much going on if you're not playing the Japanese game. They didn't really balance the localized North America and Europe holidays well, IMO.

September is where we're just starting to get more events, and by now, some people may have played so much over the summer that they're feeling burn-out.

He has already said he has tried to leave it a few days and still found himself getting bored with the game.

I suppose you have two options:

1. Leave the game for a good long time and play something else
  2. Start trading on the forums to make more bells
In terms of number one, the new Harvest Moon game is coming out on the 20th September (at least it is here in the UK) so if you want to play something else that's similar you can always play that in 10 days time or so. Or there are other games - what games do you like?

And in regards to number two, I made loads of bells by selling a villager to someone and even more bells by selling a heck of a lot of turnips for a high price. You could aim to do that?

I know how you feel. Just last night I decided to demolish my town to start a new one. I'm still cycling through the beginning over and over to get a map I like, blarg. :p

I find that New Leaf is fun in a lot of ways, but at the same time it seems more like a compulsion that makes me continue to play. The paying off of mortgages that existed in all the games is just tacked on to public works projects now. It's more of the same. So it's all boiling down to beetles, fish, ore and fruit, rinse, repeat. I wish there was a little more variety in obtaining certain goals rather than just more collecting, selling, paying off.

It's like your mansion and public works projects are the slowest, most boring rpg bosses ever, and you're there for hours picking away at their health bar with a toothpick. o_______o

Last edited:
Back