• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Am I the only one who…

Sorrelfox

Shall I give you dis pear?
Bells
Red Envelope
Fortune Cookie
Holiday Candy Cane 2023
Tasty Cake
Pear (Fruit)
Am I the only one who really likes the supposedly tedious airport dialogue? I think Orville’s dialogue is charming and especially love when he types frantically on his keyboard to connect you to the internet ^_^
I feel the same way about the fitting room at the Able Sisters’. I suppose I am easily amused as I like to see (and hear) the curtain open and close haha

I like it, too. Especially Wilbur’s sayings (“pack snacks and make tracks”) whenever I land somewhere.
I also like the dialogue with Niko whenever you visit an old client on Happy Home Paradise. Maybe it’s because he’s a cute and chlidlike character, but he always seems so cheerful.

I'd like Orville's dialogue more if he had different things to say every time like Wilbur. Don't get me wrong - Orville is a likeable character, but he really needs to say more than the usual "confirm this, confirm that" stuff. If he gets brought back in a future Animal Crossing game, I really hope that he's given more of a personality.

Wilbur is good because his personality is unique and clever. If you talk to him in the Roost, he'll talk in normal sentences and bring up interesting stuff as to why he decided to make aviation his career choice. One of his quotes was actually very inspirational - I can't remember exactly what he said, but it was something along the lines of not letting his inability to fly with his wings deter him from doing what he really wants to do: go into the sky. You can learn a thing or two once you get to know him there.

I think the funniest thing is when getting a dodo code, he gives the little 'are you sure' warning, and you tell him 'yeah, invite anyone'! He just stands there a sec and blinks like, oookaayy.....

The only time I mind it a little is when I’m villager hunting, only because it usually takes at least three trips to find someone I’m interested in having move to my island. So then, I’mm like, “Chop, chop, bird!” but just because I want to get done, lol.

Otherwise, the dialog’s fine.

I don't mind Orville's dialogue. The only thing I hate about the airport is that if an island isn't available for example if you've mistyped a Dodo code, you have to go back to the beginning and start again. Why not have an option to re-enter the Dodo?

I mind the dialogue because I already spend way too much time playing this game. Anything that causes me to spend even more time gets annoying, especially when I make a mistake at some point and have to start the conversation from the beginning.

It's not so much the dialogue as it is the redundancy of it. If we were able to cut some steps out by doing something a lot then Orville would just opt to that type of flight so you don't have to go through the whole thing each time it'd be different.

I agree with this. I think a lot of the dialogue in NH is really clever, especially the NPC dialogue. It just loses its sense of fun and immersion when they repeat the same lengthy explanation over and over and over and over and over as if they have no memory of any of your interactions for the last hour. Makes it feel mechanical in a way that normal villager interactions typically don't, since you aren't standing in one place initiating 10+ interactions with Bubbles the hippo right in a row.

I mind the dialogue because I already spend way too much time playing this game. Anything that causes me to spend even more time gets annoying, especially when I make a mistake at some point and have to start the conversation from the beginning.
Yeah I accidentally have to redo the conversation when I am trying to villager hunt. Or, because the ticket choice isn't the first choice, so I misclick.

I do not mind them either, I just feel like because I rarely use the airport, their personalities are quite bland. I've not seen them at the coffee shop, so I dunno what they're like there. But, I remember with how Phyllis - she was only the night time mail checker - but they gave her more personality, which can be slightly relatable.

I don't dislike the guy, i like his design actually. Somehow i always imagine his voice being deep!

I'm all for tedious dialogue in Animal Crossing haha! I don't use the airport enough to be annoyed, but I do like Orville's character! I agree with above posters about how his dialogue is the same every time which makes it tedious, if they had him say different things I think people would like him a lot more!

I hope he returns in future games and they don't just completely remove him and replace him with a menu. I think all they need to do is tweak his dialogue a bit, maybe add a bit more personality, and I'm sure he would be a fan favorite!

I like it and I usually wouldn't mind it as I feel all animal crossing games all had different types of tedious dialog or gameplays however with NH it was the first time that I actually found it tedious. Finally I agree with those people and just want to skip the dialog 😆 when I usually don't agree with that. Not because of Orville but everything in this game feels tedious and all adding up not even I can stand it for too long. Villager dialog is the most repetitive and boring it has ever been. In other games I felt that there were gameplay aspects that made up for the tedious parts so it didn't bother me as much it is not the case for new horizons.

Back