• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Am I the only one...

eeveelovee

🔮 Pokémon Master 🔮
Bells
Island
Ashlar
Yellow Balloon
Pink Balloon
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
Crystal Tree
So, I'm weird and I love colour combos and aesthetically pleasing things, as we all do, and I just couldn't help but notice how cute each and every villager's tent is, when they are camping! Each villager's sleeping bag, radio and lantern are a different colour, depending on who is visiting! And sometimes, the colours just FIT THEM SO WELL!! Like, these examples:

Am I the only one who appreciates this???

Last edited:
You’re definitely not the only one! I actually really appreciate that the lantern and sleeping bag colours vary from villager to villager, and that they don’t all have the same colour combination! Seeing what colour sleeping bag and lantern campers have is my second favourite thing about having a camper, second to seeing who my camper is, of course. It’s such a nice detail!

I haven’t snapped a photo of any of the combinations I’ve seen sadly, but Coco’s is so pleasing to me. It suits her so well!

I love the color combinations, as well. I love aesthetics and seeing the specific colors for each villager makes me happy! I always went inside the campsite even after obtaining all of my dream villagers. I had no intentions of inviting the villager to my island but they were always fun to hang out with!

Now that’s something I never knew about. I took photos of every villager that visited my campsite since the 12th one or so. I’ll have to go and look at the 80-something pictures I’ve got and see what some villagers have.

Now that’s something I never knew about. I took photos of every villager that visited my campsite since the 12th one or so. I’ll have to go and look at the 80-something pictures I’ve got and see what some villagers have.
There should be a database of all the campsite villagers with photos, either way. That would be amazing, but it would take lots of work to get all those pictures uploaded.

Ngl, I would absolutely LOVE to see those pics! :ROFLMAO:
Post automatically merged:

There should be a database of all the campsite villagers with photos, either way. That would be amazing, but it would take lots of work to get all those pictures uploaded.
do you happen to know this database's website perhaps? *edit nvm i read it wrong, i thought you said you KNEW of one lol

Yep, checked just now; I've got exactly 80 photos. I even know the exact day each visitor came:

80.PNG

Note that these are all villagers that randomly came by. I did not take photos of villagers I invited myself.

Some of my favorites that stopped by...

Ace on November 25th, 2022:
Ace Visits.jpg

Audie on January 2nd, 2021 (Well before her amiibo came out):
Audie Visits.jpg

Buck on April 15th, 2023:
Buck Visits.jpg

Daisy on my birthday, December 6th, 2022:
Daisy Visits.jpg

Erik on March 12th, 2023:
Beau is a teeny bit cuter
Erik Visits.jpg

Jay heeeeeyy on March 24th, 2023:
Jay Visits.jpg

Lobo on Valentine's Day, February 14th, 2021:
Lobo Visits.jpg

Olivia on August 16th, 2021:
Olivia Visits.jpg

Peanut on March 25th, 2022 (Really wish I had her; I love her surprised reaction so much 😆 ):
Peanut Visits.jpg

Quinn on June 1st, 2022 (She's the most criminally underrated out of the HHP villagers IMO):
Quinn Visits.jpg

And Stu on January 30th, 2023:
Stu Visits.jpg

Some of my favorites that stopped by...

Ace on November 25th, 2022:
View attachment 530358

Audie on January 2nd, 2021 (Well before her amiibo came out):
View attachment 530359

Buck on April 15th, 2023:
View attachment 530360

Daisy on my birthday, December 6th, 2022:
View attachment 530361

Erik on March 12th, 2023:
Beau is a teeny bit cuter
View attachment 530362

Jay heeeeeyy on March 24th, 2023:
View attachment 530363

Lobo on Valentine's Day, February 14th, 2021:
View attachment 530364

Olivia on August 16th, 2021:
View attachment 530365

Peanut on March 25th, 2022 (Really wish I had her; I love her surprised reaction so much 😆 ):
View attachment 530366

Quinn on June 1st, 2022 (She's the most criminally underrated out of the HHP villagers IMO):
View attachment 530367

And Stu on January 30th, 2023:
View attachment 530368
I love that you kept track! Daisy's and Lobo's are actually so darn cute. I literally never noticed.

I love that you kept track! Daisy's and Lobo's are actually so darn cute. I literally never noticed.
I knew all those photos I took would eventually be used for something. Daisy and Lobo’s catchphrases are cute because they directly relate to their species, which is a trait not shared by every villager.

Even before I joined TBT, I took a lot of in-game screenshots and stuff despite me not playing with any friends online. The game in general always made me happy, and you could even say that it changed me as a person for the better. Being able to finally share my love for the series after the fact was a thing I wish I’d have done earlier.

I’d definitely do something on my TBT island journal in regards to the random visitors I had. Maybe faux island reviews from them? Interviews about their experiences with the local townsfolk? I’m not sure yet. Doing all 80 villagers individually might seem like a long shot, but it’s something I think I’m capable of doing. I’ll even do one for Raddle - my most disliked villager for very specific reasons. If you asked me a year ago if I would ever write Animal Crossing stories or make a few things using Photopia and photo editing programs, I would have probably said no. Thank goodness I decided to create a mini-archive of New Horizons moments.

I absolutely love how Lobo, Buck, and Quinn have all-black sleeping bags. They're rocking the dark aesthetic, and I'm here for it. Additionally, I like how each of them have a different colored lantern despite them having the same colored sleeping bag. Very interesting!

I don't know why, but for some reason I never go looking inside the camper tent so I didn't really consider how they would color coordinate their tent items. I started going in more after they introduced more villagers in 2.0. But I did think it was cute when amiibo campers that you invite will display the furniture "souvenir" you made for them.

Back