• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Adventures in Eloriwyn

Island/Town Name
Eloriwyn
Hemisphere
North
Native Fruit
Peach
Native Flower
Cosmos

OswinOswald

Bells
Switch
1920-3285-9320
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Black Hybrid Rose
Golden Watering Can
Red Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Introductions

Happy Lunar New Year!
I suppose it’s time to make a good effort to revisit my island now in the new year!
Welcome to this New Year, New Horizons blog!
First order of business, though, apparently was to charge my Switch! 😅

444D1C2B-5DB7-4969-81CB-C8D26D244515.jpeg

More adventures on their way!

NB: Island adventure time is slightly offset from real time, in an effort to be completionist about playing dates. (e.g. have been trying to play every in-game day since launch, but obviously at some point I got a liiittle behind :D)

Note to the mods: I got busy with work this last week of the event and forgot to post a few posts I had planned. I am aware this disqualifies me 😭 but I had all the screenshots so I’m just finishing up posting now for fun:)

Last edited:
Entry 1

Welcome to Eloriwyn! Eloriwyn is home to Audrey, her kid brother Andrew, and a bunch of awesome villagers! (pictured below)
The island of Eloriwyn is named after her namesake village, town, and/or sister cities from the mainland. The island iteration of Eloriwyn promises to be the best yet!
Eloriwyn is also very cluttered :ROFLMAO:
Hopefully in this New Year, Audrey can work on cleaning up a little bit, shedding her hoarder ways!
C591CA18-780B-4497-B051-A29CB180C178.jpeg

First off, time to clean up the mailbox. Oh look! A letter from mom 🥰
AF2E945E-8A58-49B2-8075-DBF2CEB8FF22.jpeg
4E4E8419-8C96-43FE-AAFA-A724236B0F86.jpeg

Aw, Audrey misses living with mom, but is excited to be out adventuring on her own!
Adventures included camping out in the wilderness and dealing with lots of bugs (EW!)
Thankfully, after much shrieking, Audrey was able to smush all the gross cockroaches. We won't discuss how long it took her to overpower these little buggers. Despite being like 100 times to size of the cockroaches, somehow Audrey is a huge scaredy-owl when it comes to insects. (maybe this is why she and Blathers and Celeste get along so well!)

4B08D1A4-E937-4D00-8D01-ACD1D5DF4DB6.jpeg

Also, Audrey really needs to clean up all those recipes scattered on the floors!
And all that stuff that's scattered on the beach...
Well, picking up everything took a lot of energy out of her, so time to nap and come back another day!

Entry 2

1236B6BC-0F3D-41A0-9A2C-AB25C5A297DC.png

Dear Mom,

Thanks for the cookies! I hope the baking bug hasn't gone yet because I shared them with all my new friends on the island, and they LOVED them! Nothing beats home-cooked treats :D

Well, today we had a strange visitor at the beach. I know you said I should avoid going into unmarked vehicles with people I don't know... But there was something so intriguing about this dingy boat! You'll never believe what I saw inside - the most beautiful paintings and unique sculptures! The art dealer there seemed a little pushy, but mom - you know I'm a pretty cautious person anyway! I took my time and picked just one piece that I really liked. I'll hang it up at home and you'll have to see it next time you visit!

Looking forward to more goodies,
Audrey

Entry 3

I really enjoy a good night dive - the beach is uncluttered, all the tourists have left, the water is quiet, and often times you get a glimpse of some bioluminescence, which is one of my favorite natural phenomena. I am sometimes a bit of a scaredy-cat when I’m out alone at night, however; any brief movements out of the corner of your eye could be a potential threat and if the moon isn’t full or there just isn’t much starlight, then you just have limited visibility, especially since the water absorbs most of the light energy that enters it by the time you reach a depth of 10m.

I was definitely surprised to run into this chill otter dude in the middle of the night! This was a particularly important life truth he shared with me. I guess he gets hangry, just like the rest of us! (That must be why he took my juicy scallop, right?) I guess I totally understand the need for a midnight snack. But this will probably be my last nighttime excursion for a while! My poor little heart can’t take any more midnight surprises!

B9671466-2E1E-43BB-9DD4-9BF37E77850C.png

Entry 4

Another day, another dollar. Funny how Tom Nook was trying to sell me a vacation getaway on this island of Eloriwyn... and yet somehow there are always chores and other work to be done! Today I visited Lottie and our friends over at Happy Home Paradise. Somehow the island vibe here is EVEN MORE island-y than Eloriwyn. The hibiscus flowers and the muumuus are a key part of this vibe, for sure!

49F2DDDA-F23D-487C-9502-329867985BE3.jpeg

You got me there, Lottie! Although actually, I think my favorite part is cooking things and tending to my garden. (Except for weeding... no one likes weeding... except maybe Leif and Wisp)

9DE4F74A-CDC7-4388-90D6-62BB97FCB342.png

Ok, Lottie - I get it! You want to exploit your workers and make them work even harder in the name of profit! The almighty bell wins again! Or, I guess in this case, the Poki :)
I was about to protest that I was not so easily fooled into succumbing to toiling for the man....
Except then I found Dierdre on the beach and she spun this amazing dream of a beautiful cottage that would capture the ephemeral nature of autumn
And that's how you got me =P

Dierdre HHD Scrapbook.jpg

Entry 5

Time for another beautiful day on Eloriwyn! This morning started with Isabelle’s morning announcements:
C5F0E7E1-46C2-48D8-AC41-E31364A70DCE.jpeg

As part of my morning routine, I joined my villagers for some crisp autumn air! You may not notice, but our dear friend Leif has great form! He was always just half a beat behind 😂 But as the most cheerful of all of us for so early in the morning, I guess it’s best he was leading up front!

8C549274-EC1A-45C0-9EAB-225975118FBB.jpeg

Maybe what I needed was a hot cafe latte. I slogged over to The Roost to jolt my senses! Brewster makes a nice strong cup, thankfully.
A8C80064-5834-433D-B29F-0892FD4146DA.jpeg

Well, now that my nose was tingling from the hot coffee, I decided it was time to go mushroom hunting:)

98435AFB-ECC9-47E4-AD75-5AE97BD5DD59.jpeg

Amazingly, I didn’t need any pigs to help me sniff out this beauty!

4128FC0C-1CE1-4062-BE45-31A479883CC5.jpeg

I’m quite excited about using that morsel too as some amazing flavor to all my cooking throughout the year.

Thankfully, Isabelle had let us know that all of Eloriwyn’s mushrooms are safe! Let’s just hope that they’re all tasty too :D
8CA70F9A-CF5A-4A1F-911E-7DF0A34FD765.jpeg

Last edited:
Entry 6

First off, I decided to check out what Timmy and Tommy had available at the store. The color scheme in Nook’s today was on point! #onWednesdaysWeWearRed

3EA222E5-C1DA-4DCE-8A3D-BD20905378FF.jpeg

Next, I decided that today was an educational day! I spent some time visiting all the creatures in the museum.

As much as I hate bugs, the butterfly room IS really pretty. It is kind of odd to have so many bugs fluttering about. If you stand REALLY still (and maybe pretend you're a flower!), they'll land on you! I'd be a little flattered if I was mistaken for a flower, I suppose!

I also really enjoy the aquarium. There are so many environments represented in our museum! The moon jellyfish are particularly eerie - do they even have a brain? The variety of bright colorful fish (and corals!) is an amazing display of diversity, as are the variety of sizes represented, from the school of small anchovy to the majestic whale shark :)

Apparently my villagers also felt the need to awaken their inner marine biologists!
(Or maybe Prince just feels more at home in here)

MuseumDay.jpg

Entry 7

Today, I was exploring the cliffs of my island when I ran into my newest neighbor, Vivian!

DC4EF3E2-4A2C-489E-8E3C-ABADDA91830E.png

It was a little late to be out and about… but I would say she was the pot calling the kettle black, eh?

As for me, I was just trying to squeeze in some night fishing.

8C99A731-8BCC-49AE-8940-6C4AAB8873E7.png

Well, it turns out I ran into her later in my jaunt. She was just busy smelling all the beautiful flowers! We certainly have a lot of flowers on Eloriwyn, of all sorts of different varieties and colors. I hope she found one that she likes! I’ve heard stories of a rare bloom that only blooms every few years and tends to do so in the middle of the night, so perhaps she was on the hunt for this elusive flower!

A614AA97-B7B4-42B4-B6BF-4DC559F7163E.png

NB: Catching up on saved journal photos for fun. Entries do not qualify for the New Year New Horizons

Entry 8

Tonight I noticed some beautiful shooting stars in the skies of my island!

(Audrey still needs to clean up clutter in her beach! But you never know when you might need a change of outfit while you’re playing on the beach, right? Maybe we can just call this mess ‘being prepared’??)

08CCA395-3F96-4DBD-9DE3-776EC66FC46C.png

So, I decided to go to my small starry place, which I built in honor of my dear friend Celeste. It’s definitely a nice quiet place that’s has beautiful lighting at nighttime. But I hope the permanent fixtures make her feel at home during the day, too! (Is she even awake during the daytime to appreciate this? Maybe not 😂 But one hopes that the other residents would be awake during the day to enjoy the space!)

CAFD0211-A565-4ECE-9C54-2D149E0414A1.png

5D1A9925-ABFC-4331-AE80-95D0E4B626F9.png

Entry 9
For some reason I’m still counting :)

Today I visited Harv’s Island and got my fortune told by Katrina. I thought my hat was a little excessive and flamboyant, but she’s got all the extra bells and whistles on hers! Despite cats often being extra stealthy, I guess she wants to be seen and heard!

3C04C419-98EE-4EF7-B663-227C537580CC.png

Her crystal ball is always super mesmerizing! But it’s extra entrancing at night!

9258B3BD-ECB6-48B5-8930-762D5DF362FB.png

It sounds like today might be the day to dig up all the flowers that have been growing like weeds on Eloriwyn! Unless I picked the wrong tool and I need to be catching bugs/fish or watering like mad instead!

Back