• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

ACNH unpopular opinions?

• I dislike selling turnips.

SAME. i’m trying to complete the nm achievement for making a profit off them, but i genuinely hate it so much that i’m coming up with an excuse to not buy them every sunday. 😭😂

and god forbid - your character isn’t in the right spot to place a new tile and instead erases the one you JUST put down.

man, even just reading this irritated me LOL. i’ve barely decorated my island or terraformed, but i absolutely hate when this happens. i hate accidentally erasing a tile in general, even when i’m not decorating/terraforming — it pisses me off so bad. 😭

The soundtrack of ACNH is overall better than that of New Leaf's in my opinion. New Leaf had some amazing shop themes and things of that nature but the hourly music is just so much better overall in New Horizons. 5PM and 6PM are my personal favorites and are both groovy and comforting respectively. I find it so bizarre that people criticize this game's soundtrack compared to other Animal Crossing titles so much, especially considering city folk just reused wild world's soundtrack for the most part.

I feel like I see so many people saying that they don't care for the overrated villagers at this point that it doesn't feel like an unpopular opinion to me anymore.

I also feel that, even if they are really well made areas on an island, I don't like the "buildings" such as libraries or arcades that people make because it just doesn't work for my brain. I don't like the idea of having a bunch of books or games to get rained on outside because we don't have the freedom to build actual buildings for those things. They just feel out of place for me personally, but if you can take a more realistic and out-doorsy approach to it, I'm game!

Edit: In case there is any confusion, the "Buildings" I referred to are ones made from partitions, partial walls, and solar panels roofs. I'm okay with character houses being converted. Those are fun for me!

Last edited:
I feel like I see so many people saying that they don't care for the overrated villagers at this point that it doesn't feel like an unpopular opinion to me anymore.

I also feel that, even if they are really well made areas on an island, I don't like the "buildings" such as libraries or arcades that people make because it just doesn't work for my brain. I don't like the idea of having a bunch of books or games to get rained on outside because we don't have the freedom to build actual buildings for those things. They just feel out of place for me personally, but if you can take a more realistic and out-doorsy approach to it, I'm game!
I've seen some people make extra files and make their houses have just one room or two, so it they can have their own library, and even name the character Library so it says that on the map.

I hate the waterfall sounds. They’re so loud. My old island was fairycore themed and I liked it a lot but I don’t like playing it with sounds because of all the waterfalls and the loud sounds all of them together make. This time around I’m trying to pick a theme that would require less of them.

• Pavé is annoying. I dislike it when characters refer to themselves in third person( I also can’t stand Elmo for the same reason)
  • I don’t mind Label’s outfit challenges. It’s gives me an excuse to change clothes. I do wish the prizes were better though
  • Normal villagers are not boring. I have had 3 at one time( nan, Rhonda, and Melba) and I enjoyed them all. Melba is my favorite though
  • I don’t understand the appeal of resetting your island especially right before a big update. Having to re-earn everything and rebuild stuff just doesn’t appeal to me. And then some things like the roost are going to take even longer to unlock. sure my island is not the way I want it at the moment but at least it’s my island from the very beginning and I have villagers especially Melba that I don’t want to start over with. no hate to anybody who wants to restart but it’s just not for me

I've seen some people make extra files and make their houses have just one room or two, so it they can have their own library, and even name the character Library so it says that on the map.
I like when people do that, and I love to visit their DA's and to explore the different houses. I just don't like the partition walls outside or the solar panel roofs, sorry to say! All I can think to myself when I see them is "Precipitation!!".
Post automatically merged:

I should have been more specific I think!

i kinda miss the convoluted questionnaires to change your face and hair lol! yes, they were tedious having to look up face and hair guides, but i dunno, i miss having kappn/rover and harriet ask me questions, made the experience feel more life-like. and it was kinda fun choosing random answers and seeing what you got!
Post automatically merged:

SAME. i’m trying to complete the nm achievement for making a profit off them, but i genuinely hate it so much that i’m coming up with an excuse to not buy them every sunday. 😭😂
saaame, i've never really done the stalk market in previous games, so last year i grinded a bunch of money from turnips, and it genuinely was not fun at all? maybe it was cause i was min maxing, constantly checking forums, and trying to earn a bunch, instead of doing it in my town like you're supposed to. or maybe it was the multiplayer, i dunno, but i hope nintendo makes the stalk market a bit more fun in future games 😭 it hasn't really changed much since the beginning i think

Last edited:
ho boy dunno if these are unpopular but:
  • The villagers have a lot less personality than in previous games. whereas I had some villagers I absolutely hated and I'm sure they hated me (*cough* MINT) everyone feels TOO friendly in this game. Would be slightly more okay with it if they had more things to say.
  • I don't like the cottagecore aesthetic at all it all looks the same to me. That and the builds with all the cliffs and waterfalls everywhere, that stuff can get loud.
  • I think the builds people make with furniture to make buildings is cool, but I will never do it myself. The game already takes an eternity to load, and the islands I visit that are like that are incredibly laggy.
  • This is the first AC game where I got into turnips and the experience is actual torture with the whole process in Dodo airports and the forced cutscenes.
  • I feel like some villagers are extremely overhyped, and it really does not make the island unique if everyone's dreamies are the same when there are over 400 villagers to choose from.
  • I think the update is pretty fair for what it is, we get a balance of a return of some mechanics from NL, but also some new ones as well with the farming and decorating villagers' homes. The update will also make me visit Harv more than I do (which is never).

Its annoying trying to get K.K. Songs when there is no way to skip the whole scene of KK singing the song. Like its cool the first time but when you seen and heard it many times it starts to get time consuming just trying to get the KK Song. KK Mania is probably the most ridiculous Nook Mile Achievement to even get that because of how long it takes to get every KK Song.

• Sasha (and many of the popular, cute villagers) are generic "cute" to the point where they feel like they're being made from a drop-down list.
  • Dom is so annoying, I was ecstatic when he talked about moving out.
  • MySims NPCs have more character and personality than any villager from NH (have only played New Leaf, but they weren't that great either).
  • Froggy chair isn't all that, I couldn't care less if that item made it in the game or not.
  • There is indeed such as thing as "too much" of something, and the number of items in this game is an excellent example of that.
  • Gaston is the best, and he shouldn't be living in a shanty.

Fun game tho!

Tortimer island doesn’t add as much replay-ability as many say, but I still hope the new mysterious islands with Kappn add a little more than what was mentioned in the direct

Tortimer island doesn’t add as much replay-ability as many say, but I still hope the new mysterious islands with Kappn add a little more than what was mentioned in the direct
I hope there is at least more to it, because from what they showed it wasn't a good impression.

The villagers have a lot less personality than in previous games. whereas I had some villagers I absolutely hated and I'm sure they hated me (*cough* MINT) everyone feels TOO friendly in this game. Would be slightly more okay with it if they had more things to say.
I think this too! I miss the older snooty personality- maybe not the one where they insult you, but the New Leaf one where they’d get mad and stuff and be all gossipy. I always knew when a villager was thinking of moving after talking to Diana a few times. The conversations were also much more interesting. Now snooties are just normals but with a bit of “vanity” thrown in 🤷🏻‍♀️

My unpopular opinion, although maybe not:

I hate using “-core” to describe themes. It bothers me to no end. Maybe I’m just too old.

I think this too! I miss the older snooty personality- maybe not the one where they insult you, but the New Leaf one where they’d get mad and stuff and be all gossipy. I always knew when a villager was thinking of moving after talking to Diana a few times. The conversations were also much more interesting. Now snooties are just normals but with a bit of “vanity” thrown in 🤷🏻‍♀️
The other personalities are not much better either. Jock villagers only talk about their muscles and workout, Lazy villagers only talk about food and bugs, Lastly Peppy villagers only talk about being a popstar. Like come on have more variety with the personalities. Is it too much to ask?

1. ACNH is the best AC game, now even moreso with the final updates/DLC
2. Indoor furniture placed outside looks ridiculous

Thaaaank you!.. i am also like that, i hate seen all those candles out site in pjs islands and its reading but they are still on, or how its raining but hey have an entire bookshelf? i mean it would rod and the poor books would be destroyed. So yeah, i also dislike interior furniture placed out site

Last edited:
The other personalities are not much better either. Jock villagers only talk about their muscles and workout, Lazy villagers only talk about food and bugs, Lastly Peppy villagers only talk about being a popstar. Like come on have more variety with the personalities. Is it too much to ask?
Very true. I only chose the snooty because it was the one I remembered the most from NL, but they all kind of suck. I wish at some point they would’ve taken the time to update their personalities, maybe add more dialogue?

Back