Player List:

1. Vampnessa
2. Biancasbotique
3. katezilla
4. Antonio
5. MapleSilver
6. Dolby
7. Dad

(The ideal number of players for the setup is 17. Though the setup can be changed if the final player count is lower, the game will run more effectively the more players join.)

Replacements List:

1. Tina

Observers List:

1. PunchyDaHufflepuff
2. Ghostkid
3. Dedenne2
4. N e s s
5. Ryumia
6. Chick
7. Kammm
8. Byngo

Introduction to Mafia

Welcome to TBT Mafia. Mafia is a game of the informed minority versus the uninformed majority. To elaborate, the game is divided into two teams: the Town and the Mafia. Mafia know who each other are, and can coordinate their actions privately. Town on the other hand don't know anything other than their own role. To compensate, there are many more Townies than Mafia.

At the beginning of the game, you are PM'd your role. The game is divided into repeating phases of Day and Night. Day will generally last 48 hours and revolve around voting for a player to be lynched. Each player (including Mafia) get one vote, and players must figure out who the Mafia are, and convince others that they are correct. At the end of the day, the person with the most votes is lynched, and their alignment and role are revealed.

Night is typically 24 hours long and is reserved for Mafia night kills and players with special abilities. Usually, players discuss the results of the lynch at night, and make plans for the next day. When night ends, everyone will be informed of who died during the night. The new day will begin, and discussions for the lynch begin anew.

Mafia is a game of logic, intuition, persuasiveness, reading ability, emotion, and will. In short, its a thinking man's game. There are many different ways to approach the game and every game is a very different experience. In addition, Mafia is not for the faint-hearted or overly emotional. While not occurring every game, sometimes people can get into very heated arguments with one another. People can get very emotional playing Mafia, as it is a high-intensity endeavour. That being said, playing Mafia is an excellent to develop thick skin, improve your patience, and make yourself a stronger person mentally.

Be warned - Mafia requires a time commitment. This generally depends on the player, but at minimum 30 minutes a day of solid effort is required. As part of the time commitment, Mafia requires a great deal of reading. Most people are actually quite poor at reading comprehension and playing Mafia is a great way to improve your reading ability, as well as your writing and ability to think and argue logically.

Rules:

1. Do not post after death. Each player may have one final goodbye post, but this post cannot contain any new
information or opinions which could alter the outcome of the game.

2. Do not share your role pm with other players either in or outside of the game. Claiming and explaining the
mechanics and flavour text of your role in your own words is fine, but directly quoting your assigned role pm,
copy pasting it or sharing it in any way besides paraphrasing is prohibited. Similarly, do not quote a fake role pm
and pretend it was sent by the host.

3. Do not intentionally illegally discover another player's role. This includes methods such as logging in to another
player's account or looking over their shoulder.

4. You must play to your win condition. This includes trying your hardest to achieve victory for both you and your
teammates, and not intentionally performing acts which harm your team's chances of winning. This includes not
intentionally trolling the game and not intentionally sabotaging your team through acts such as revealing the
scum list to town as a mafia.

5. Do not edit any posts under any circumstances. If you wish to correct spelling errors or add extra points to your previous post, please do this by posting another post shortly afterwards. This is known as an 'edit by way of post'. (or EBWOP)

6. Do not intentionally get yourself modkilled to assist your team.

7. Do not be rude or inconsiderate to other players in the game. Mafia games can become emotional, and it's important to make sure that all players are respected and discussion is kept as civil as possible. Please refrain from using personal insults or attacks, and remember that it's just a game.

8. Do not discuss the game with other players, observers or dead players outside of the boundaries of the game thread.

9. Failure to comply with any of these rules may result in modkill or WOTC depending on the host's discretion.

Question and Answer Text Colour:

This is the question colour. Please use this colour if you have a question you would like to specifically ask a host. You may also pm a host on discord or through TBT if you wish for it to remain private.

This is the host colour. It will be used by a host to reply to any questions they may have been asked. Please refrain from using this colour.

Game-Specific Information:

Out Of Thread Communication:
Out of thread communication and pms are strictly prohibited from this game, unless stated otherwise.

Activity Quota:
You must vote every day you are alive, and must post one satisfactory post every day/night cycle. Obviously more than this would be appreciated and would most likely better your chances of winning, but one substantial post is acceptable. If you are in danger of not filling this quota, a host will send a warning pm before a modkill.

Time Cycle:
The game will follow a 48-hour day cycle, followed by a 24-hour night cycle. The cycle change will occur at approximately 10 am AEST. (or 5 pm PT, 8 pm EST and 1 am GMT)

Replacements:
The game may utilise replacements as needed for players who have to drop out. This will be made apparent by the host in the thread when it occurs.

Co-Host:
This game will be co-hosted by Arstotzkan. (or Kat) She will have the same host powers as I do.

Notes:

- This is my first time hosting, so please try and have a little patience with me as I work out what I'm doing exactly. Also, sorry in advance if I mess up the setup balancing if the game doesn't reach 17 players.
- Credit to KarlaKGB for the mafia introduction copypasta, Ness for the setup he let me steal for this game (because I'm not good enough to make my own lol) and to Kat for co-hosting this with me! :lemon:

Last edited:
no no i can do this

Last edited:
Where is ryumia at

I don’t think I can sign up because I’m terribleeeeeee

no, but in other words I forgot how Mafia works and I’m busy with work

Where is ryumia at

I don’t think I can sign up because I’m terribleeeeeee

no, but in other words I forgot how Mafia works and I’m busy with work
Chick... :0 You're here! :D I miss you again. Hahaha. Join me in obs chat. :p

/obs

Last edited:
Well, this'll probably take a while. I guess I'll go join a real life mafia family while I wait. Seems like a fun way to pass the time.

Back