• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

AC:HHD - DLC information thread - Current as of March 26, 2016

DJStarstryker

Bells
There was a thread kinda like this before but I haven't seen it updated in a while. I thought I would try to make a new one with more complete information. I'm on these forums all the time so... yeah. :p

****CURRENT DLC*****

Happy Home Network
Nothing currently running

Monthly villager + items
Villager: Felyne
Items: Felyne's pic, item box, barbecue spit, wyvern eggs, hunter's hive, red wing, palico board, hunter's cart, felyne guardian, poogie, hunter, felyne's clothes
Distribution Dates:
- North America: March 1, 2016 - March 31, 2016 via Nintendo Zone, March 9, 2016 - March 31, 2016 via SpotPass
- Europe/Japan: March 1, 2016 - March 31, 2016 via SpotPass

****UPCOMING DLC*****

Monthly villager + items
Villager: Claude
Items: Claude's pic, Disk Writer, Nintendo 3DS station, Nintendo 3DS shelf, Wii U station, Wii U game shelf, amiibo shelf, giant Game Boy, New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL, Wii U console
Distribution Dates: April 1, 2016 - May 1, 2016 (according to Japanese web site)

Happy Home Network

These have had the same distribution worldwide. To date there has never been repeats.
- October 2015: massive cake, candy house
- November 2015: inflatable Resetti, robot hero
- December 2015: giant stewpot, large egg
- January 2016: giant ant, UFO
- February 2016: stack of bills, luxury car
- March 2016: submarine, iceberg

Monthly Villager + Items

Louie
Items: Louie's pic, Mario set (all of the Mario set is obtainable in the game naturally so I won't list it out. Only Louie's pic and Louie himself is exclusive to being DLC.)
Distribution: October 2015 and repeated again in January 2016

Filly
Items: Filly's pic, Hot-Snack Case, Shop Coffee Machine, Sushi Bench, Steamed-Bun Case, Buffet Server, Barbecue Bed, 24-Hour Shop Counter
Additional items only released in Japan: 24-Hour Shop Banner, Shopping Baskets, 24-Hour Shop Light, Shop Ice-Cream Case, 24-Hour Shop ABD, 24-Hour Shop Uniform, 24-Hour Shop Model, 24-Hour Shop Sign, Sandwich Display, Soft-Drink Display
Distribution:
North America: October 17, 2015 - October 31, 2015 on Nintendo Zone ONLY! Never released via SpotPass
Europe: October 9, 2015 - January 9, 2016 at GAME/Nintendo Zone ONLY! Never released via SpotPass
Japan: July 30, 2015 - September 30, 2015 at 7-11 stores ONLY! Never released via SpotPass

Felyne
Items: Felyne's pic, item box, barbecue spit, wyvern eggs, hunter's hive, red wing, palico board, hunter's cart, felyne guardian, poogie, hunter, felyne's clothes
Distribution: November 2015 and repeated again in March 2016

Claude
Items: Claude's pic, Disk Writer, Nintendo 3DS station, Nintendo 3DS shelf, Wii U station, Wii U game shelf, amiibo shelf, giant Game Boy, New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL, Wii U console
Distribution: December 2015, April 2016

Maddie
Items: Maddie's pic, notebook bed, set square table, eraser sofa, pen-case chair, notebook wardrobe, sticker tape liner, pencil screen, narrow clock, notebook rug, notebook wall, notebook floor
Distribution: February 2016

What types of DLC are in Happy Home Designer?

There are two kinds.

First is the monthly villager + items DLC. You get a brand new villager, who is not normally available in-game, to design a house for. They will also come with brand new items. You can access this by turning on the WiFi on your 3DS, going to the second floor of the office you work at, and using the 3DS that sits on the desk on the left side. This is distributed over SpotPass and Nintendo Zone.

Second is the monthly Happy Home Network contest items DLC. Starting on the first of every month and continuing through the 15th, you can design a house in the Happy Home Network under the contest option. Two new items are distributed exclusively this way each month. Everyone who enters and designs the house gets the items no matter what they get ranked. Happy Home Network is accessed through the red computer that shows up on the left corner of Lottie's desk on the first floor of the office. If there isn't a red computer there, you need to download the free update for Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer from the eShop.

All DLC is free of charge.

SpotPass? Nintendo Zone? What are you talking about?

SpotPass is what Nintendo calls downloading DLC from any internet access point, to include yours that you may have at home.

Nintendo Zone is what Nintendo calls downloading DLC from specific internet access points that they have teamed up with. In North America, some places that can have Nintendo Zone are McDonalds, Best Buy, and Home Depot. In Europe, you can try GAME. There is no guarantee the particular store near you will have access to or have connected properly to it. All you can do is go to it and try.

What is the distribution schedule?

It can vary, but here's what it typically is:

Monthly villager + items DLC
North America: The first week of every month is Nintendo Zone only. Nintendo Zones will continue running it through the last day of the month. It gets cycled out to something new after that. The DLC is also accessible on SpotPass starting the second week of the month through the first week of the following month. It gets cycled out to something new after that.
Europe/Japan: You can download it from the first through the last day of the month via SpotPass.

Happy Home Network
All regions: The 1st through the end of the 15th every month

Last edited:
That's odd... I was able to get Felyne via SpotPass on March 1, and I'm in North America 0.o

Nintendo's North American site even says you are still supposed to get Maddie. How strange!

I can't confirm since I've had Felyne since when he first came out.

I love lists xD
I was thinking of making an Checklist App of DLC... Not sure if it's worth it though, because there isn't as much DLC as in New Leaf.

Just a reminder: There's only 5 more days left to get the March 2016 HHN items (the submarine and the iceberg). Make sure to get them soon!

I just wish they'd let Japanese players (or those using Japanese 3DS systems not in Japan) get Filly without having to go to a 7-11 in Japan. I'm NOT flying to Japan, going to a 7 Spot, downloading Number 7, flying back just for some items I can get on an amiibo card!

I just wish they'd let Japanese players (or those using Japanese 3DS systems not in Japan) get Filly without having to go to a 7-11 in Japan. I'm NOT flying to Japan, going to a 7 Spot, downloading Number 7, flying back just for some items I can get on an amiibo card!

:(

For what it's worth, Filly is kinda hard to get in all regions. She only ran for about 2 weeks in North America and you had to go to a working Nintendo Zone, which is hard to find for some people. She ran for several months in Europe, but you had to go to GAME specifically, and some people don't have a GAME near them.

She was only easy to get if you had the Japanese game *and* lived in Japan. 7-11s are pretty much everywhere in Japan.

How does dlc work? I just got a new 3ds xl and i am waiting for my system transfer to come through email from nintendo. Would it wipe any downloads i do?

Last edited:
How does dlc work? I just got a new 3ds xl and i am waiting for my system transfer to come through email from nintendo. Would it wipe any downloads i do?

No, it doesn't wipe anything.

1) Get your 3DS connected to your home WiFi.
2) Go to the 2nd floor in the office and use the 3DS on the desk. It will let you download DLC. If you're unable to interact with the 3DS, you probably just got the game and need to get a little bit farther in it.

There's also a second kind of DLC - the Happy Home Designer contests. You need to download a free update for Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer from the eShop and then after that a red computer will show up on Lottie's desk. That's where you can do the contest. They do 1 contest per month and it runs from the 1st-15th. It's free and everyone who participates gets the items.

:(

For what it's worth, Filly is kinda hard to get in all regions. She only ran for about 2 weeks in North America and you had to go to a working Nintendo Zone, which is hard to find for some people. She ran for several months in Europe, but you had to go to GAME specifically, and some people don't have a GAME near them.

She was only easy to get if you had the Japanese game *and* lived in Japan. 7-11s are pretty much everywhere in Japan.

Yeah, I know, but I wasn't going to pay a ton of money, taking an 18 hour flight, download her, to fly back. But, I got her in my NA one when she was first available, along with half her Japanese inventory- bought a card off ebay to get the rest, and change her shirt, but still don't have her in my JP version, because they don't recognize Nintendo Zones here. She was only hard to get the first time, she since was re-released in NA, but not in Japan, THAT is the annoying part- SPOTPASS HER IN JAPAN, NINTENDO!!!

Why are they just repeating the same villagers that have already been released.

I'm starting to wonder that very thing! If it weren't for contests/challenges every month, I doubt I'd still be playing this as regularly as I am.

Last edited:
Back