• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

A couple of pet peeves about pet peeves

toastia

seeker of truth
Bells
Switch
3154-9295-9611
Orange (Fruit)
Silver Mailbox
First off,

YOU SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO PICK YOUR STARTING VILLAGERS.
That would just make everything too darn easy. No searching for your villagers. No having fun searching for them. No adventure. Everyone would just have Marshal >.< you could have anyone you wanted. It just takes some of the slice out, you know?

WHAT'S SO IMPORTANT ABOUT A VILLAGERS CLOTHES?
Yeah, if they put on that ducky tee i would die too. Plus that colorless design, "shirt". That makes for some stupid dialogue. But seriously? If they aren't wearing the same clothes, SCREW THIS DREAMY. The clothes are everything, of course! They could have a house full of sloppy furniture! NOPE. THE CLOTHES.

WHATS SO IMPORTANT ABOUT THE VILLAGERS HOUSE?
People always would like villagers completely original. I could understand that, it's like having a brand new friendship, and that you just invited him/her in from the campsite. However, I've seen this happen a lot:

My two cents, and does anyone else seem bothered that the villagers mention town tunes?

"OH MY GOSH MARSHALL HAS A LOTUS TEE IN HIS HOUSE!?!!
I deduct my 10 million bid on him (T ^ T)"
I don't know, I guess most people who play animal crossing have OCD (≧∇≦)i think I'm the opposite, I personally think it's cool when Frita sings the old toon of her amazing townMy Booty XD

Sorry but I really don't like Marshal, and really really REALLY don't want him in my town.

If you don't like their current clothes, put a ton in your inventory and talk to them over and over. They might ask you for one. Give it to them and about 25% of the time they will change into it.

It would take all of the fun out of the game if you could just choose everything, no sense of accomplishment :L

i only agree with the first one, as for the others it depends. if the villager looks nice because of his clothes(which i would never get then), such as vic, i would want him to have his original clothes. i can send him his orig clothes so it doesn't matter. for the house, if the villager's house looks nice i like it, but it doesn't effect it entirely.

I can't wait for people to realize; if you want your villagers to stop wearing the damn Able Sister's designs, CHANGE THE DESIGNS TO UMBRELLAS.

Not that hard.

I can't wait for people to realize; if you want your villagers to stop wearing the damn Able Sister's designs, CHANGE THE DESIGNS TO UMBRELLAS.

Not that hard.

EXACTLY. THATS WHAT I DID.
But that feeling when you are too late..

"OH MY GOSH MARSHALL HAS A LOTUS TEE IN HIS HOUSE!?!!
I deduct my 10 million bid on him (T ^ T)"
I don't know, I guess most people who play animal crossing have OCD (≧∇≦)i think I'm the opposite, I personally think it's cool when Frita sings the old toon of her amazing townMy Booty XD

^this is hilarious.

personally, i find people asking commonly asked questions when they can just search for it on the forums to be extremely grating. i don't even answer the questions anymore. i ignore them.

Last edited:
And I don't get why everyone cares about catch frases! Villagers will ask for you to change it soon anyway!

I hate when villagers put dumb things in their house but I don't care enough to actually do anything about it. I don't spend enough time in their houses for it to really matter anyway. Also I have my own design up for my villagers to wear. If they're going to wear ugly shirts it better be my ugly shirt.

Back