• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

A Compiled List of Things Cut from NH AKA: Why New Horizons(Nintendo) Why!?

After the first couple of times or so I did not enjoy going through 50 loading screens showing villagers every room of my house. I usually just showed them the first room and then left.

Initially I actually spent a bunch of Nook Miles tickets trying to find bananas (and other nonnative fruit) in NH. Lmao

Also liked it when you caught a new bug/fish and your character would say "I'll see what my encyclopedia says about my new catch"- this way I always knew I hadn't donated it yet.

In NH when your character says YES that's a new catch.

Your phone critterpedia also has an icon to indicate new critters and if you've donated to the museum.

Not read through the whole thread, but some additions to the OP

The thousand or so items of furniture that were cut is the biggest point for me.
Especially ceiling items in HHD and customising windows/doors internally.
Monthly raffles - from N64/GC AC
Many smaller holidays, we get larger ones patched in as events, but just ordering an item from nook stop does not honour a public holiday imo.
Customising building exteriors - eg Town hall / gate/ train station in previous games.
Giant items over 2x2 in size. - there;s some great ones in HHD and PC.
Campervan visitors (and their furniture) - WA update
Streetpass houses
A handful of Nintendo/Sanrio themed villagers (and old ones from GCN)

You didn't read my post. I said that running with a balloon causes you to trip - nothing to do with luck.
oh...I misinterpreted the sentence as “running with a balloon while wearing the mask“ my mistake

In NH when your character says YES that's a new catch.

Your phone critterpedia also has an icon to indicate new critters and if you've donated to the museum.
I haven't noticed my character saying anything like that when my player catches something new. I guess I'll have to pay extra close attention next time, but I swear I was bothered by it for it not being there. And I do know that the critterpedia says whether or not it has been donated. I do use that when I need to. I just find the alternative way of notifying me of a new catch is more streamlined. :)

- Dream Suite not allowing you to select dreams based on island name, player name, or region
- DJ K.K.
- Gracie and some of her furniture and clothing items
- HHA Showcase

Decided to update the list because I came back after a break from NH and was dissapointed how the Dream Suite came back but you couldn't search for random DA based on the islander's name, island name, or where they're from. Sorry I just liked to casually chill and run through a list of different towns. Yes some were bad, but some were pleasant to.

• Redd's cookies during the firework shows! Prizes other than just firecrackers/sparklers, etc. All those fun little toys that nintendo used to produce back then! The lovely phone you get from Redd acts as Katrina and you could know your fortune for the day.
  • Villager can shake trees and they often have the "cold chill" reaction afterwards.
  • Wishy the Star would mail you a piece of expensive furniture after you make wishes during meteor showers.

Some of these could still show up in later updates. I'd be surprised if we don't get gyroids or new furniture sets. It's understandable if they release things in batches, I prefer that to a game that includes everything from the start but where things are rushed and badly done.

There's a bunch that I don't especially miss and some where I think the trade-off was 100% worth it.

Others are different because that's the point. We can't get all variations through custom kits because we're supposed to trade for those but I feel like changing things up is much quicker and there's more we can make. The megaphone could be pretty useless depending on who you were calling and your accent. PWPs were a pain because they cost so much even when they were minor things and they used building rules instead of object rules so you were more limited on where you could place them. I don't really miss them.

I want dead treesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
I had a desert theme section on my NL town where I threw together the pyramid and the sphinx. I placed around some perfect fruit trees and every time they yielded fruit I would shake them until they died. It was great, gave the illusion of hardy/dead trees in an arid desert.

Don't get me wrong, I like NH. I just feel they missed a lot of potential.

Oh dang that's not possible in this game? That's kind of an odd exclusion. I haven't really had the time to visit my friends' islands when they're free since our schedules are so whack with the covid-lockdowns and whatnot.

Back