• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

A Compiled List of Things Cut from NH AKA: Why New Horizons(Nintendo) Why!?

Thanks for making the list! I didn't realize how much was really missing from the game compared to the past ones. Lets hope a couple updates will add some of this stuff back.
Post automatically merged:

12. Megaphone - For calling villagers and NPCs to pinpoint where they were
This here would be SO useful.

Also what are gyroids?

These little dancing guys
Lloid.png

good hourly music

We don't have Tortimers island/Kapp'n/Minigames
Oh. MY GOD. I miss the hourly music from NL SO. MUCH. NGL I was pretty disappointed when I heard the music from NH. It all sounds the same, like the same tune being slightly changed every hour. NL had variety! 1 AM was my favorite.
I DO appreciate that the music changes a little when it's raining though.

All these missing things makes me sad :( I know there’s always a possibility they will be added in updates, but for some things it’s like “why aren’t they in the base game already?” which makes me think they won’t be coming back

Especially fortune cookies/Nintendo items, even like the Mario shirts and hats. Such a weird choice to cut them

Reading the list, I don't think booker and copper are on there! The police station I think it's called? is also something that we're missing. I will say that if that comes back, I hope we won't have to choose between the two.

damn. the main thing i can think of is how in new leaf, the campsite would have a tent whenever there was a visitor except for in winter, when the tent would instead be an igloo. someone on here pointed out how that’s not in new horizons after tt’ing which honestly,, disappointed me more than it should’ve lmaoo

I know it was never in any of the main games, but I miss ceiling items from HHD. I felt like they made my rooms feel more complete.

Unable to sit on palm-tree stumps or rocks
Missing fruits
Missing flowers, Carnations were amazing :(
UNBREAKABLE TOOLS
Hide and Seek
Villagers visiting homes
Constellation Creation (played in City Folk but same concept)
Balloons and Ice Cream cones

Each of these I resonate with immensely. Every number on the list actually but these I miss so much.
This is the kind of list that people think of, that makes me believe the game is underdeveloped, and unfinished. I don't like waiting for updates, I mean we waited months for diving. We're on an island!
I don't think tools should break in general, flimsy makes sense but golden? How? The durability isn't much better than a normal shovel or axe so what's the point of it if it is going to break anyway.
There seemed to be more interaction with villagers in older games, now it seems like there is no need for them. They don't say anything new, only occasionally give you a present and now your source of "reactions," but you can't do much with them.
Hide and seek is gone, you can find a present for the villager if they ask but it's usually a few hops away so that's not really fun at all. It was fun being on a time limit to find everybody fast and get a little worked up when you couldn't and there was 2 minutes left.

The amount of missing or discontinued material is astonishing. I mean they took out so much from past games it doesn't feel like Animal Crossing at times without those certain aspects.

I hope for more updates with multiplayer, an island hopefully like Tortimer island I miss so much. That was one of my favorites with friends and the infamous up to 400k or more each trip from bugs and sharks

I especially miss older music, I'll be honest the new music is getting stale especially from 12-6 since that's when I play so I usually make my time around 5 am even though it's much later, i'm usually terraforming anyway and decorating so I don't need shops quite yet.

I like to think of it as things and features in New Leaf not yet in New Horizons. So I'm hoping they would add most of these eventually along with new added that is original to the game as there are a lot of updates to come.

Face cutout standees, the custom ones. :( There is a whole island I want to make that would require these to return.

Buying letters and writing them when you had time.
Post office save mail from ACNL is missing. 180 save items could be stored at the post office. Writing a new letter with what was inside helped to find it quickly. All my event items were stored there.

You can renovate some buildings in NL, having that back would be awesome but with better options, or at least let us change the color of the rs building and its roof. I would also love it if some of the old the mini games were added, not just hide and seek. I honestly dont want everything from the list back, but some of it i truly miss.

I know my opinions are pretty unpopular, but I loved grass deterioration. I always thought it was a nice detail. And I kind of enjoyed the randomness of villagers moving in wherever they wanted to. Of course it would be INCREDIBLY frustrating at times, but that just meant I had a new job, to work around my new villager's inconsiderate decision, lmao. It gave me something new to do.

Omg I remembered when I received carnations from mother in NL, those type of flowers were the best! Another one you could put is when Nintendo incorporated desert island escape to NL through opening the Wii U. Maybe they could put it in New Horizons through the Nintendo Switch. But yeah you pretty much said everything of what I missed in NL XD I feel like both games are lacking in some way (for NL it’s not placing any furniture outside and for NH it’s already listed!)

I’m really hoping we get more fruit variants and flowers in future updates! As well as perfect fruits too.
It’d be great if the museum could be upgraded even further, as well as nooks (second floor please!). Also more shops. I refuse to believe that the wedding photoshoot event is the last time we see Reese and Cyrus. ;-;
Anyway, they really should bring back the megaphone feature!!

Back